cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I don't recommend it. You already clogging your deck with bunch of Pokemon. Also, Galarian Weezing only works on Weezings, so we need a G. Weezing V for that, at least 2-prized powerhouse. If you go on that route, go for it. But I rather use basics for consistency, not bunch of Stage 1s. We have Moltres, well 2 of them, for Goodness sake, so I'll go on that. Also, attacks like this that stacks energy for dmg is not healthy for the meta rn. At least you need 5 energy + Choice Belt to KO a Mew VMAX.
No clogging with more than 2 species of stage 1s and/or Vstars required, as dark patch and G. Weezing in addition to darkrai vstar is enough, as "Weezing in their name" could also include galarian weezing, as the "weezing" half of the "Galarian Weezing" name is part of the name. As long as no errata is issued to change the meaning of the ability wording(and with it, when it can be implemented) to "name must consist of nothing more than just the one listed", 2 patches to galarian weezing w/ energy factory or 1 patch plus 1 galarian moltres(v or regular) plus energy switch both to G. Weezing plus 1 DTE to Darkrai vstar plus 1 choice belt on Darkrai vstar is enough to allow a Mew VMAX 1HKO w/ 310 mew vmax Max HP vs. 320 damage from darkrai vstar(including weakness)...

Last edited:

Fizzchumsonnami

Aspiring Trainer
I know not everyone is excited to have shining pokemon again but the sparkle cards with that holo pattern and the vintage star mechanic are really cool on its own. Im for sure going to collect all the sparkling pokemon. The Greninja art is amazing as well!

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
I don't recommend it. You already clogging your deck with bunch of Pokemon. Also, Galarian Weezing only works on Weezings, so we need a G. Weezing V for that, at least 2-prized powerhouse. If you go on that route, go for it. But I rather use basics for consistency, not bunch of Stage 1s. We have Moltres, well 2 of them, for Goodness sake, so I'll go on that. Also, attacks like this that stacks energy for dmg is not healthy for the meta rn. At least you need 5 energy + Choice Belt to KO a Mew VMAX.
4 energy plus belt if you have sparkling hawlucha in play

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
There are all good cards.Chandelure can be easily(?) used for stall decks.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
I just noticed Lucario V and Darkrai V have the same HP and a first attack of 50 damage for two energy.
However, Lucario’s cost is colourless and it discards a special energy from your opponent… Weird how unbalanced they are.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I just noticed Lucario V and Darkrai V have the same HP and a first attack of 50 damage for two energy.
However, Lucario’s cost is colourless and it discards a special energy from your opponent… Weird how unbalanced they are.
Stuff like that really shows how bad modern card design. Who the hell thought that was q good idea???

Takes Azelfie

Aspiring Trainer
Is Darkrai VStar ALL Pokemon or just itself? The translation doesn't have the exact wording as Gren/Zoro Tag Team and that makes me really iffy on whether or not the attack is actually good or not. If it's just itself then it's meh.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Is Darkrai VStar ALL Pokemon or just itself? The translation doesn't have the exact wording as Gren/Zoro Tag Team and that makes me really iffy on whether or not the attack is actually good or not. If it's just itself then it's meh.
All pokemon.

Different words, but same meaning...

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
The Hawlucha art is pretty lame when compared with the Greninja one. Pokemon needs to stop backgroundless backgrounds.

Even though Masakazu Fukuda and Kagemaru Himeno are OG artists, I really don't like most of their cards/art style.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
as a Shiny collector I am SO EXCITED for these :D I love how the Greninja shows it in an actual environment, as opposed to a lot of recent Shinys which are just isolated on a random background (though I do appreciate the Hawlucha as well); can't wait to get my hands on these omg

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
The fact that they didn't show the booster pack art + that supposed leak of Sword & Shield 10 booster box art floating around has me suspect that this set will feature
the Hisuian starters as VSTARs. That has me then reevaluate the following sets' mascot Pokémon:
Time Gazer: Lord Dialga
Space Juggler: Lord Palkia
Dark Phantasma: Hisuian Zoroark
Lost Abyss: Giratina (Origin Forme)
Incandescent Arcana: Enamorus? (Incarnate Forme?)
Paradigm Trigger: Therian formes of the Forces of Nature? Or something completely unrelated to PLA like how the final main set of Gen 7 had ADP as the mascots

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
The fact that they didn't show the booster pack art + that supposed leak of Sword & Shield 10 booster box art floating around has me suspect that this set will feature
the Hisuian starters as VSTARs. That has me then reevaluate the following sets' mascot Pokémon:
Time Gazer: Lord Dialga
Space Juggler: Lord Palkia
Dark Phantasma: Hisuian Zoroark
Lost Abyss: Giratina (Origin Forme)
Incandescent Arcana: Enamorus? (Incarnate Forme?)
Paradigm Trigger: Therian formes of the Forces of Nature? Or something completely unrelated to PLA like how the final main set of Gen 7 had ADP as the mascots
What if Paradigm Trigger gives us all types of Arceus again? Now THAT would be an awesome set and it fits the name too.

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
I actually really like this take on Shinnies. It gives us great 1-prizers that actually have competitive weight to them