LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
Weird that Darkrai is the ETB design.

It will feature over 180 cards, including three new Radiant Pokemon (the English name for Sparkling Pokemon), seven Pokemon VSTAR, 19 Pokemon V, two Pokemon VMAX, and more than 20 Trainer cards.

Given what's already on the pack art:
VSTAR
1. Darkrai
2. Palkia
3. Dialga
4. Decidueye
5. Typhlosion
6. Samurott
Leaving 1 additional Pokemon. Lucario is a promo so basically the other 3 unrevealed VSTAR from TG/SJ have been cut.

What's interesting is 2 Pokemon VMAX. Will one be CoroCoro Pikachu? Otherwise you'd think that it's time for 2 of Melmetal/Hatterene/Machamp? (Appletun doesn't really count) Surely they won't do something dumb and make the 2 like Tyranitar and Absol VMAX or something...
Honestly i think they might miss out the gmaxes because they did forget mega medicham ex, mega sableye ex, mega pinsir ex and mega abomasnow ex. I really want a Hatterene GMAX. To be honest, Hatterene GMAX seems the most plausible one since there's already a hatterene v.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
so like did pokemon fans just forget about the last half of X and Y sets and Sun and Moon sets? first people magically forgot that there's a new gen every 3 years, and now I'm seeing waaaaaayyyy too many people forget that they've always done this since XY sets...
The XY BREAK block was distinct from the XY block. As for SM, it felt fair to not see any need for a 'clean break' from SM since USUM was basically the same game.

autumn

wurmple enthusiast
The XY BREAK block was distinct from the XY block. As for SM, it felt fair to not see any need for a 'clean break' from SM since USUM was basically the same game.
how was the break block distinct? it was still XY the whole time even through the ORAS related sets as well, it's just how they do it

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I think the Duraludon/Rayquaza could actually be the ones in. With 3 VSTARs cut, it's pretty safe to assume 3 Vs also have been cut, and there is that Duraludon V alt promo we never got in English too. And since Mimikyu got reprinted for that VMAX, I don't see why Ray also wouldn't get a reprint.

Regarding the TG, we got the Golden Birds in Brilliant Stars, even though they could've fit perfectly with the TG Birds that weren't there.

I see you presume Time Gazer and Space Juggler will have 3 VStars each, hence the 3 cut. I'm personally thinking they will have 2 VStars and 1 VMax each, which will mean 1 VStar cut if my assumption is correct.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
The funniest part about the stock mini portfolio art is that the base form Dialga and Palkia aren't even in the set.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
so, you have summed up most of the year in TCG.
what happened to the Pokemon GO set?
ya think its just gonna be a little 25 card subset?

edit - BAM i was a day off, lol

Last edited:

Ronkolainen

Aspiring Trainer
This article has a little bit of misinformation.
There will be 8 VSTAR instead of 7 and 21 Pokemon V instead of 19.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
I see you presume Time Gazer and Space Juggler will have 3 VStars each, hence the 3 cut. I'm personally thinking they will have 2 VStars and 1 VMax each, which will mean 1 VStar cut if my assumption is correct.
You're probably right since VMAX didn't die, it takes the spot of one of the VSTARS.

I think it may mean that zero Vs or VSTARs get cut. So it's basically bulk being cut.

Assuming Kleavor VSTAR is part of TG/SJ and its rainbow rare is being counted here to make up the 8th VSTAR.

For the Vs -

there are already 18 between the 3 sets. Then you have Galarian Mr Rime and Darkrai and Lucario (normal V is missing from the box).

So I guess Coro Coro Pikachu and Eevee won't be appearing yet...