“Ancient Roar,” “Future Flash,” “Shiny Treasure” Set Names Trademarked!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Three additional trademarks have been filed by Pokemon: Ancient Roar (古代の咆哮), Future Flash (未来の一閃), and Shiny Treasure (シャイニートレジャー). They’re under the same terms as trademarks used for set names in the past. This is following yesterday’s discovery of Ruler of the Black Flame.

Ancient-Roar-200x68.jpg

Flash-of-the-Future-200x62.jpg

Shiny-Treasure-200x64.jpg

Ancient Roar and Future Flash sound like they will be a dual set about Paradox Pokemon. Depending on when they release, they could tie-in to the first Scarlet & Violet DLC releasing in the fall...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I wouldn't doubt if Ancient Roar features Walking Wake & Future Flash features Iron Leaves as the mascots, but anyway, HYPEEEEEEE

Also as a Shiny collector I'm excited to see (presumably) all of the Gen 9 Pokemon get Shiny cards so soon just like Gen 8, it makes perfect sense to do this for each new Gen from now on

I wouldn't doubt if Ancient Roar features Walking Wake & Future Flash features Iron Leaves as the mascots, but anyway, HYPEEEEEEE

Also as a Shiny collector I'm excited to see (presumably) all of the Gen 9 Pokemon get Shiny cards so soon just like Gen 8, it makes perfect sense to do this for each new Gen from now on
I'm more inclined to think it's Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant that will be featured. In the SWSH era they only started using the pokémon from the DLC in the year following their release (with the Urshifus as mascots in the first set of year two).

I'm more inclined to think it's Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant that will be featured. In the SWSH era they only started using the pokémon from the DLC in the year following their release (with the Urshifus as mascots in the first set of year two).
they used galarian slowbro in darkness ablaze...

My assumption based on names is the mascots being definitely Roaring Moon for “Ancient Roar” and idk the best bet is likely Iron Valiant for “Future Flash”

But Walking Wake/Iron Leaves aren't part of the DLC, they're available in the games right now - not arguing against Roaring Moon/Iron Valiant though as I love both of them? Just saying it's a possibility (but Ancient Roar does make more sense for Roaring Moon lol)

Back