Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A trademark for VSTAR Universe (VSTARユニバース) has been filed by Pokemon. It’s under the same terms as trademarks previously used for set names.

VSTAR-Universe-200x68.jpg

Based on its “generic” name, it’s likely this will be Japan’s annual reprint set like last November’s VMAX Climax. There have been several cards revealed in English that Japan hasn’t received yet, including our prerelease promos and a full art Lucario V. They could be sourced from this set.
Trademarks are usually discovered five to seven months before we see them used, so this set should release in late fall. This falls in line with the release dates for past reprint sets.
Other upcoming Japanese sets include...

Continue reading...

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
It honestly annoys me we stopped getting reprint/celebration sets as booster boxes. Legendary treasures was a blast to open; I don't want to open $50 ETB's if I can just drop $100 on a booster box instead that features a mixture of new cards and reprints.

ZDude

Aspiring Trainer
This is such a lame name...
The next set will be vstar multiverse

Last edited:

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
So 5 more sets (+ Pokemon Go) to end the era.

Sets in May/Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep/Nov - basically a set 6 out of 7 months.

& December will have another.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
VSTAR Universe...

...slated for november...

...the dying moments of the gen 8 tcg...

...wait a second!

Any set that comes out in japan the month before a new gen of tcg in japan tends to be japanese-exclusive, and in the event that there are new and yet-unseen cards in the set, TPCi will have to think of some last-minute boxes to release them in...

...Unless, of course, the final set of English/International Sw&Sh also has the cards from the November japenese set, of course, but cards released worldwide at same time is unheard of nowadays, with more localization window rules than in the past. How many expansions were released before the establishment of the present-day two-month window rule AND broke it? Only one comes to my mind: EX Team Rocket Returns, released 24 days apart between regions in 2004. Now, with the rules the way they are, hoping for a total reprint set for the japanese, so we in the States don't have a chance of feeling left out of a card.

^ But at this time, until the set is released in japan, we can only dream...

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
VSTAR Character Rares please😎

slightly off topic but if I had to guess, Incandescent Arcana probably features Cresselia VSTAR and maybe Paradigm Trigger features Regigigas VSTAR?

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
VSTAR Universe...

...slated for november...

...the dying moments of the gen 8 tcg...

...wait a second!

Any set that comes out in jap the month before a new gen of tcg in jap tends to be jap-exclusive, and in the event that there are new and yet-unseen cards in the set, TPCi will have to think of some last-minute boxes to release them in...

...Unless, of course, the final set of English/International Sw&Sh also has the cards from the November jap set, of course, but cards released worldwide at same time is unheard of nowadays, with more localization window rules than in the past. How many expansions were released before the establishment of the present-day two-month window rule AND broke it? Only one comes to my mind: EX Team Rocket Returns, released 24 days apart between regions in 2004. Now, with the rules the way they are, hoping for a total reprint set for the japs, so we in the States don't have a chance of feeling left out of a card.

^ But at this time, until the set is released in jap, we can only dream...
Just an FYI, but referring to Japan or Japanese people with that term can be considered a slur.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
If TPCi learnt anything from SWSH it's that VSTAR Universe needs to be in its own TG for next year's 4 sets.

If they don't then more Japanese exclusives. How can they be that ignorant to leave all those FA trainers as exclusives? It boggles the mind.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
If TPCi learnt anything from SWSH it's that VSTAR Universe needs to be in its own TG for next year's 4 sets.

If they don't then more Japanese exclusives. How can they be that ignorant to leave all those FA trainers as exclusives? It boggles the mind.
That's probably a big part of the reason why they made the Trainer's Gallery and switched to regulation marks.