Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
VMAX Climax was just officially revealed during the livestream of the Kyoto Champions League!
The set’s secret rares will feature “Character Rares,” which were originally introduced in 2019’s Dream League. These are full art cards that feature a Trainer in the Pokemon’s artwork.

Flaaffy-143x200.png

Zekrom-143x200.png

Gardevoir-143x200.png

Eevee-143x200.png

The revealed character rares include Flaaffy from Evolving Skies, Zekrom from Vivid Voltage, Gardevoir from Chilling...

[url="https://www.pokebeach.com/2021/10/vmax-climax-officially-revealed-pokemon-with-trainers"]Continue reading...

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Knowing the history of Cosmic Eclipse, those will replace rev holo slots. Don't exceed your expectations. Also, V-Union will be as promos, we've seen 4 of them already.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Like it happened before, I doubt we'll get "V in every pack" like Japan. These will get split between two sets and a bunch of boxes or, like with Sun & Moon, we'll see them released months after the next generation already started.

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
My guess is that the majority of the set will be skipped since they are reprints and the secret rates will be sprinkled onto the Diamond and Pearl/Arceus era cards.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
That poor doctor looks sicker than many of his patients probably will. No wonder he needs to have a Gardevoir around, he appears to be on the verge of falling asleep on his keyboard.
Also, who else noticed the Nidorino picture on the side of the tray that Eevee is lounging in?
Part of me is hoping we'll get another shiny vault for next year's High Class Set featuring Pokémon from Sinnoh/Hisui, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see!
As usual, this era is producing superb artwork!

ChadBoi

Aspiring Trainer
Do they really feel the need to put someone in a mask and gloves in the Gardevoir card? Like come on...

Idk, what do you guys think? I think not was completely unnecessary.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Do they really feel the need to put someone in a mask and gloves in the Gardevoir card? Like come on...

Like steffenka said, it's simply a Doctor class from SwSh, but it is peculiar that they've used a generic Trainer class for a "Character Rare" and that it's the only example revealed so far. I don't think anyone care about male Doctor's extremely important role of giving the player a bike.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
LITERALLY MY TWO FAVORITE HUMAN CHARACTERS (N & Elesa) AS CHARACTER RARES OMGGGGGG IS THIS REAL LIFE????

I'm gonna be so sad if we don't get these in English ;_; although I suppose I can just buy the ones I want the most, but I wanna complete them all like I did with Cosmic Eclipse ahhhhh,,

ALSO Blue is on the pack art, maybe we'll get a CSR of him with Gmax Blastoise?? If that happens I will freak OUT

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Very glad to see Character Rares return! And I'm thrilled to see Elesa with Flaaffy, N with Zekrom, and of course Gardevoir, though I wish it was with an actual character and not a no name NPC. Regardless, the artwork is great on all of these!

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.

SWSH came before Covid-19 don't you remember?

taratoby2000

Aspiring Trainer
This is super interesting and the art on these revealed cards so far is amazing! I wonder if there will still be shinies in this set like the leaked sell sheet revealed earlier this summer? Maybe the shiny mew, rayquaza, etc. v/vmax will be part of a gift set or gift box coming out towards the end of the year/beginning of next year? Part of me also feels like they could be making this one HUGE secret rare set and having the shiny v/vmax cards, etc as part of the secret rares also as one last huge hoorah as the 25th anniversary year comes to a close. We will just have to wait and see!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Very glad to see Character Rares return! And I'm thrilled to see Elesa with Flaaffy, N with Zekrom, and of course Gardevoir, though I wish it was with an actual character and not a no name NPC. Regardless, the artwork is great on all of these!
To be fair, it is technically not a no name NPC. There is a Doctor named Graham who uses a Gardevoir in Sword/Shield (I looked it up, when I looked up the doctor sprite) :p

Omi

Aspiring Trainer
I really like the character cards- the art makes me so happy! I am hoping maybe for some more... These are nice, but maybe make one with may with torchic/combusken/blaziken, or even bonnie with dedenne