Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Despite Pokemon.com’s initial announcement, the “V Memories Collection” is in fact exclusive to Gamestop stores. As of posting it costs $29.99 (in store) and $39.99 (online). As posted before, Gamestop Pro members can preorder the item today ahead of the general public tomorrow. A pro membership costs $15 a year.

Pokemon-Trading-Card-Game-V-Memories-Collection-300x300.jpg

Pokemon-Trading-Card-Game-V-Memories-Collection-Back-300x300.jpg

A few weeks ago we revealed a “V Memories Collection” would be sold at Gamestop and speculated it would be exclusive to the store since stores could not order it from distributors. However, Pokemon.com stated it would be sold everywhere when they revealed the collection this week, which we...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Victorsaurus

Aspiring Trainer
GS pro membership is:
$20 with a physical Game Informer magazine subs or $15 with a digital subscription.
Unless they changed it recently, I noticed you put $15 in a recent post.

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Just called my local gamestop and they said that preorders open at 2pm. Maybe why the site still says "Not available" too

update: managed to preorder 2 v memories boxes. GameStop has mini tin and pin box preorders available as well. The clerk let me know that the v union box will be available tomorrow

Update 2: Was able to preorder a v union box online. Seems like they are available so I'm not sure why the clerk told me they weren't.

Last edited:

Minccino_Man

Aspiring Trainer
Just went in person to a store and the manager told me that the preorders will be on their website. Not in store. But I expect that Gamestop employees don't know what they are talking about.

Minccino_Man

Aspiring Trainer
Just went in person to a store and the manager told me that the preorders will be on their website. Not in store. But I expect that Gamestop employees don't know what they are talking about.
It is in fact Live for Pro Members on their website right now!!!

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer

They weren't entirely wrong. The items won't be shipped to store, online delivered. So regardless of where you order from, it's all online.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
@Water Pokémon Master Where did you see that the V Memories Collection would be $29.99 in stores? I went to my closest Gamestop today, and I was told this was still $39.99 and that, for whatever reason, the preorder would be shipped to my address, rather than it being something to pick up in store. So it was basically like making an online order in store. (Not giving flack, WPM. I'm just wondering.)

Perhaps this is anecdotal because I only went to the one store, but it was frustrating being told this was $39.99--at no fault of the Gamestop employee, though; he was very patient with me trying to make sure all of this was right. But considering this is the same price as buying both the Sylveon and Charizard boxes, you get FOUR less packs (2 Celebrations, 2 other) and no jumbo Sylveon card, in exchange for a plastic coin and a pin? How is that a good trade off? ... I begrudgingly bought it anyway just for the guarantee of getting a Celebrations product on or around release date...

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
You know what? I just realized something. We got a Celebi VMAX, Victini VMAX, and Tapu Koko VMAX, but not a Keldeo VMAX or Regirock VMAX. When you combine the fact that these cards haven't been released and the fact that we still have a good five Gigantamax Pokémon forms remaining tells me that we may still have ONE more English set with Pokémon VMAX. After Fusion Strike, I mean.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
You know what? I just realized something. We got a Celebi VMAX, Victini VMAX, and Tapu Koko VMAX, but not a Keldeo VMAX or Regirock VMAX. When you combine the fact that these cards haven't been released and the fact that we still have a good five Gigantamax Pokémon forms remaining tells me that we may still have ONE more English set with Pokémon VMAX. After Fusion Strike, I mean.
There was never any reason to believe that VMAX would have end with this set. Yes, I know about "VMAX Climax," but that hasn't been announced yet.

Brendan Baxter

Aspiring Trainer
@Water Pokémon Master Where did you see that the V Memories Collection would be $29.99 in stores? I went to my closest Gamestop today, and I was told this was still $39.99 and that, for whatever reason, the preorder would be shipped to my address, rather than it being something to pick up in store. So it was basically like making an online order in store. (Not giving flack, WPM. I'm just wondering.)

Perhaps this is anecdotal because I only went to the one store, but it was frustrating being told this was $39.99--at no fault of the Gamestop employee, though; he was very patient with me trying to make sure all of this was right. But considering this is the same price as buying both the Sylveon and Charizard boxes, you get FOUR less packs (2 Celebrations, 2 other) and no jumbo Sylveon card, in exchange for a plastic coin and a pin? How is that a good trade off? ... I begrudgingly bought it anyway just for the guarantee of getting a Celebrations product on or around release date...
go on gamestop live chat and mention its $30 not $40. lots of people are doing this and are getting their $10 back

Minccino_Man

Aspiring Trainer
go on gamestop live chat and mention its $30 not $40. lots of people are doing this and are getting their $10 back
What do you have to tell them to get a refund? I tried it and they are telling me I have to cancel my online order and place the order in-store to get the cheaper price?