Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The “Start Deck 100” we teased a few weeks ago has now been revealed!
Pokemon will literally release 100 different decks! The decks will be created from a library of 414 cards. Most of the 414 cards will be reprints, but many will be brand new or use new artwork. Each 60-card deck will be numbered out of 100 to tell you which deck it is.
The decks will contain some “F” regulation cards. Ultra Ball will be reprinted as an “F” card, meaning its legality will reset.

The decks will release on December 17th for 790 yen each. They will come with damage counters and status markers.
Here are some of the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
Time for this to make up a good chunk of our February set, surely. You guys ready for six months of Quick Ball and Ultra Ball together in Standard?

I'm not, I need an adult.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
That Pikachu V looks quite good! With Flaffy engine, it can hit for 220. The card dicard doesn't matter that much when you're using the Flaffy, and it is going to be 1HKOed almost always anyway. I could work in a 1-prizer electric deck to have a big 1-turn nuke, or even in a Pikachu VMax deck, as a good 2-prizer there. Will it finally be time for Pikachu VMax to shine? Maybe if they reprint N, since we'll be able to take full advantage of Electrode as well then. And the format desperately needs a better comeback mechanic than Marnie, occasional Cheryl or multi-target KOs/Medicham V by RS Urshifu. And guess what, RS Urshifu can take advantage of aaall of this at the same time lolz.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
So even Japan is getting megasets now?
This can definitely bring the remaining few Gigantamaxes to the card game.

This mega set is going to be mostly reprints, like the High Class Sets are and like the deck 'sets' always are.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
In addition to Ultra Ball Zamazenta V looks rather nice as an addition to Zacian V decks. Pikachu V als seems to be a decent addition to Flaffy decks.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
The Boltund V isn't really new, as it's an alt art of the one recently revealed from Fusion Arts.

The Greedent V however is new and not a reprint.

:)

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
So there's absolutely zero chance these come to the TCG side, which is ok I guess, as long as we get the new cards in Fusion Strike/Vmax Climax.

Zamazenta V is fantastic, we were really lacking discard tools in standard, so to see it come back alongside Ultra Ball is really nice. Now we only need a reprint of Rescue Stretcher to be good.

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
ULTRA BALL IS BACK BABYYY!!!

Standard already has enough ball search to get by, but having more consistency is literally always a good thing

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
We're now only missing 3 VMaxes to end this era.

These are
- Hatterene Vmax
- Machamp V - Vmax
- Melmetal V - Vmax

We will probably get Hatterene VMax in a promo product, and the rest could be either here in these decks, or as part of Vmax Climax/Fusion Strike.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Time for this to make up a good chunk of our February set, surely. You guys ready for six months of Quick Ball and Ultra Ball together in Standard?

I'm not, I need an adult.
Idk man, but at least with the existence of Ultra Ball decks will now ditch Evo Incense, or run few Quick Ball copies, or all of them together for a crazy Pokemon Search.

Kingler V/VMAX - Why tho? You have the first atk that is super risky because you might give up 2 or 3 prizes doing that because you're taking a hit in your opponents' turn. Although, I love the second atk, pretty straight forward on Vs. Still use Ice Caly for that, 250 for 2 energy rather than 240 for 3. (There you have it, people told me I'm too negative on cards, I love those cards, but probably not enough to see its full potential.) 3, 3-4

Greedent V - why this? 1.) 120 is meh for a 3 energy C Pokemon, heck even single prized cards can do the job. 2.) what's the point of drawing 3 cards for 3 energy? Not concerning the fact that the AC is easy to pay in one go, but do this for 1 energy. It's Meowth VMAX but low on anything. 3

Zamazenta V - idk if this is new staple card or its just a worse Dedenne GX. I'll leave it up to you. 3-4. I need someone's in depth opinion on this card.

Pikachu V - 2-prized Pikachu VMAX. 4

Cinderace V - is this a reprint of Fusion Strike Cinderace V? Ya know the family box one?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Kingler Vmax seems pretty good not gonna lie, it can power it self up and another kingler Vmax on the bench and the attack is pretty nice. The only thing is there’s frosmoth
Like what I said, Kingler could be a decent Water V. However, the first atk is risky as heck especially that this might give up 3 prizes, and Kingler exists in a format where Ice Caly exists.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Idk man, but at least with the existence of Ultra Ball decks will now ditch Evo Incense, or run few Quick Ball copies, or all of them together for a crazy Pokemon Search.

Kingler V/VMAX - Why tho? You have the first atk that is super risky because you might give up 2 or 3 prizes doing that because you're taking a hit in your opponents' turn. Although, I love the second atk, pretty straight forward on Vs. Still use Ice Caly for that, 250 for 2 energy rather than 240 for 3. (There you have it, people told me I'm too negative on cards, I love those cards, but probably not enough to see its full potential.) 3, 3-4

Greedent V - why this? 1.) 120 is meh for a 3 energy C Pokemon, heck even single prized cards can do the job. 2.) what's the point of drawing 3 cards for 3 energy? Not concerning the fact that the AC is easy to pay in one go, but do this for 1 energy. It's Meowth VMAX but low on anything. 3

Zamazenta V - idk if this is new staple card or its just a worse Dedenne GX. I'll leave it up to you. 3-4. I need someone's in depth opinion on this card.

Pikachu V - 2-prized Pikachu VMAX. 4

Cinderace V - is this a reprint of Fusion Strike Cinderace V? Ya know the family box one?
For good measure, since you didn't, I'll rate Ultra Ball. 5/5. Best. Card. Evar.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Like what I said, Kingler could be a decent Water V. However, the first atk is risky as heck especially that this might give up 3 prizes, and Kingler exists in a format where Ice Caly exists.
Kingler VMAX seems like an okay target for Bubble Pod on Vaporeon VMAX.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Won't be a new staple card I believe. Zamazenta V is inferior to Zacian V in base set for its ability, since it draws and accelerates, and, imo, inferior to Zama V from base set, cause it has the Anti-vmax ability. It's damage sadly caps at 270, but 240 in reality, cause you'd be playing it with the Zacians. I'd rather have the base set ones.

In terms of D block rotating, it could find usage, but we haven't got any idea of what other draw mons we will get. Any reprint with new marker of drizzile SSH or Crobat V DAA, or Cinccino SSH or Zacian V SSH would invalidate it. However, they usually add 1 major draw support mon per block.

Overall, its probably a 2/3, but probably might have some usage in the right deck.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Wow! Look at all that beautiful artwork! This is why SWSH is an underrated era, it has produced some of the best artwork in the history of the TCG! (Although of course that is a matter of personal preference…)
This of why SWSH is underrated. A card doesn’t have to be PLAYABLE to be BEAUTIFUL.
I’ve been looking at those Vs and they are simply AMAZING!