Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I am aware of snipping, but unfortunately, my internet and cellphone don't allow it, takes about 20 minutes to get to the 8 hour mark, at first I thought it was like that but then I tried it in my school's computer before class and it was super quick.
Now what is flipping? It's the first time I heard of this, opening packs?

To flip anything is to buy lots of stuff to sell for a profit. Also, It's not the PC, it's the client that is absolute garbage, I have a 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti and whatnot notebook and trades still load like shit.

Sombres

Aspiring Trainer
I am aware of snipping, but unfortunately, my internet and cellphone don't allow it, takes about 20 minutes to get to the 8 hour mark, at first I thought it was like that but then I tried it in my school's computer before class and it was super quick.
Now what is flipping? It's the first time I heard of this, opening packs?
Flipping is profiting packs by buying and selling certain cards that might be temporarily be having a higher buy than a sell price immediately, or, more commonly, speculating on cards that might go up in value later. If it's a popular card that got given away in ladder or through a code, chances are it will drop but slowly rise up, for example (though this is the easy way, since it's more predictable). Flipping can also be done in the way a fellow listed above: simply buying pikachu boxes (or aquiring a couple packs, a playset of a trainer, some junk super rare, etc.) and slowly trade up. I believe the "richest" people in the game do a combination of both flipping and sniping the most they can.

Ev1l

Aspiring Trainer
Flipping is profiting packs by buying and selling certain cards that might be temporarily be having a higher buy than a sell price immediately, or, more commonly, speculating on cards that might go up in value later. If it's a popular card that got given away in ladder or through a code, chances are it will drop but slowly rise up, for example (though this is the easy way, since it's more predictable). Flipping can also be done in the way a fellow listed above: simply buying pikachu boxes (or aquiring a couple packs, a playset of a trainer, some junk super rare, etc.) and slowly trade up. I believe the "richest" people in the game do a combination of both flipping and sniping the most they can.
Then I have been doing that for a long time and didn't know xD, thanks for explaining guys.

Red-EyesHydreigon

Aspiring Trainer
Even content creators with far more resources than the average person complains about how ludicrously expensive Arena is. PTCGO is dirty cheap in comparison, it's not even close. The grind in Arena is really that, grind, unbelievable, gritty, torturous grind. And it is like that by design, as to force you into just giving up on the feelbad and putting money into the game. Most decks require a ridiculous amount of rares and mythics, and that's just talking standard. Wanna play Historic? That is on a whole new level of ridiculousness. On PTCGO, I spent some money to buy some packs here and there and I have dozens of decks in each format. Plus, the game gives you tickets for literally free, which you can use to (easily) win tournaments and get tradeable packs. It's really a piece of cake. Plus the trade system is the most pure and genuine supply and demand thing ever. With patience and a little bit of understanding you can even make some packs or acquire cards by smart trading. Other than that, only the over-hyped poster-boy of a given set set goes for those ridiculous amounts, but there's pretty much always better options (financially-wise) to go about playing the game, especially standard. For instance, why pay 30 packs for each SR, just because it's the new hot thing, when you can buy other equally competitive stuff for 1/3 of the price (like Ice Rider for instance)? Plus, if you're looking more for variety and fun than competitiveness, you can just forget super expensive cards altogether and build like multiple entire decks with the price of a single SR. Anyway, having played both clients I cannot stress enough how infinitely better than Arena PTCGO's economy is.
Well. Looks like I started something lol. Not sure what you thought I implied, but I don’t care about SRs in the slightest. I’m not saying there are no affordable decks, but why should digital singles cost almost as much (sometimes more) than their physical versions? If the game stays as pay to play fine, but If TPCI is ever planning on running real events on PTCGO/Live,
there are a lot of improvements to be made.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Well. Looks like I started something lol. Not sure what you thought I implied, but I don’t care about SRs in the slightest. I’m not saying there are no affordable decks, but why should digital singles cost almost as much (sometimes more) than their physical versions? If the game stays as pay to play fine, but If TPCI is ever planning on running real events on PTCGO/Live,
there are a lot of improvements to be made.
You know I meant Shadow Rider and not secret rares, right? That was the example I was using for a card that is only close to its real life counterpart in price because it’s the new hot thing, etc. And again, everything else is extremely cheap. For a single pack you can trade for upwards of 8 staples sometimes. It is dirt cheap.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
According to serebii, a source outside pokebeach(seeing it is not already on pokebeach's front page at the time of this post), a new important tcg announcement is due on Sunday @ 10 am UTC, meaning 3 am where I live... Is that a hint to the beginning of the end of PTCGO and the beginning of the launch of PTCGL?

Last edited: