breadvox

still holding out for a tentacruel fullart
ive been waiting for them to make a pgo set!! here's hoping for a prof willow fullart

TheWildAreaTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Let's GO! But why Pokemon Go? It's not a bad game, but it's been out for what, 5 1/2 years now. Also, if it's releasing in Japan in June, most likely this won't be released the same month. Overall, though, I just hope we get some playable cards out of it.

Gashnet

Aspiring Trainer
Did you look at the rest of the artwork on the pack? Or did you just look at Mewtwo and think, "CG BAD"?
That seems to be the consensus, look at how well alt arts are doing. If anything it's 5bans fault for unimaginative use of their CG.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
CALLED IT.

I wanted to make a TGC expansion based on Pokèmon GO too,featuring Shadow Pokèmon and Mega Evolutions,but never got the time to make some cards.
Looks like TPCi heard me.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Let's GO! But why Pokemon Go? It's not a bad game, but it's been out for what, 5 1/2 years now. Also, if it's releasing in Japan in June, most likely this won't be released the same month. Overall, though, I just hope we get some playable cards out of it.
Go did have a big resurgence in the last two years due to the pandemic. I don't know how much of that stuck, but now's as good a time as ever to give this game some representation in the TCG, at least, even if it might not be the world-shattering phenomenon it was in 2016. It's definitely about time, though.

I really just hope there's some good collectibles representative of the game. Full Arts of the squad leaders, etc. Stuff like that could be nice.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
Neat and all, but like... are bootlegs still riding the Pokemon Go train? Like slapping the Pokemon Go logo on everything to make it seem legit? Won't this just give em fuel to keep doing that?
this is literally what i was going to post... everything aside from the Willow promo, that has GO on it is KO trash. so this is a bad, unwanted idea. unless the trainers are Go characters, and the pokemon are all costumes, shadow, purified. id really like some trainer owned pokemon. Dream setlist.

Professor Willow
Willow's Mobile Lab
Willow's Meltan
Candela
Candela's Rapidash
Purified Stantler
Spark
Spark's Elekid
Purified Executor
Blanche
Blanche's Lapras
Purified Ampharos
Arlo
Arlo's Scizor
Shadow Flygon
Cliff
Cliff's Tyranitar
Shadow Aggron
Sierra
Sierra's Houndoom
Shadow Sneasel
Giovanni
Giovanni's Persian
Shadow Lugia
Here comes Team Rocket
Jessie's Arbok
James's Weezing
Team GO Rocket grunts
Rocket Balloon/Meowth Balloon PROMO
Pokestop
Gym/Raid Hour
Bug Fixes
GO Park
GO Fest
Candy
Photobomb
Oh? (ditto)
Community Day
Spooky Season
Unable to Authenticate
Mysterious Component
Incubator
Where is Kecleon?
Armored Mewtwo
Sunglasses Squirtle
Lucky Chansey
Shiny Magikarp
Mega Charizard X
Clone Blastoise
Clone Venusaur
Flower Crown Buneary
Halloween Charmander
Birthday Pikachu
Safari Pikachu
Silph Road Promo
Mystic7 Promo
Trainer Tips Promo
PkmnMasterHolly Promo
Zoey2dots Promo

Last edited:

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Wait, does this mean we can play the TCG inside of the actual Pokémon GO game?? That's so rad !!!

TheWildAreaTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Go did have a big resurgence in the last two years due to the pandemic. I don't know how much of that stuck, but now's as good a time as ever to give this game some representation in the TCG, at least, even if it might not be the world-shattering phenomenon it was in 2016. It's definitely about time, though.

I really just hope there's some good collectibles representative of the game. Full Arts of the squad leaders, etc. Stuff like that could be nice.
Yeah, agreed. I just find it odd that they're choosing to do this now as opposed to a few months after the release of the game.

Tvoretz

?
Wait, does this mean we can play the TCG inside of the actual Pokémon GO game?? That's so rad !!!
No, this is just a Pokemon GO-themed set.

With that said, the Pokemon TCG has its own app, Pokemon TCG Online, that's currently Windows/Mac/Tablets only. It will be replaced some time this year with Pokemon TCG Live, and Live will be compatible with smartphones.