Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A trademark for Incandescent Arcana (白熱のアルカナ) has been filed by Pokemon. It’s under the same terms as trademarks previously used for set names.

Arcana-200x64.jpg

“Incandescent” means to emit light when heated and “arcana” means secrets or mysteries. Perhaps this supposed set could feature Heatran or Cresselia? So far Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Darkrai, and Giratina all seem to have upcoming sets (Shaymin is featured in Brilliant Stars). This leaves Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Manaphy, and Phione.

Cresselia-200x143.jpg

DP4: Moon Hunting / Dawn Dashing

Heatran-Regigigas-200x150.jpg

DP5: Temple of Anger / Cry from the Mysterious

We usually discover trademarks five to six months before they go into use, so this may be a set releasing...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
I want a set focus on Regigigas, something with an attack of 1000 but can only attack if you have the 5 other Regis benched or need to stay 5 turns on field to being able to attack, the most gimmicky thing possible

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
Stupid Questions ahead:
There have been confirmed set *names* but no confirmed set *dates*, so why is it assumed they'll all release in the spring? Couldn't they simply copyright names and not release sets under those names for a longer time frame? (Side Stupid Question: is that a Japanese thing?)

One thing I will say that I do like: we know what the Japanese sets are about so far in advance that we can guess what the American (and thereby the international) sets are about - but what makes a card a promo versus what's to be pulled in a pack?

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
I want a set focus on Regigigas, something with an attack of 1000 but can only attack if you have the 5 other Regis benched or need to stay 5 turns on field to being able to attack, the most gimmicky thing possible
I don't want pokemon to turn into yugioh

Omi

Aspiring Trainer
This would be really cool to see in tournament play, where things could totally go in your favor, or turn against you if something's prized.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
How about naming the set based on quantity and quality of the cards?

1. Going Nowhere (a filler set)
2. Colossal Cash (you need $500,000 to collect all 450 cards [excluding secret rare, taxes and shipping])
3. Rage Roar (a set that sounds "cool" and "gangsta")

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Stupid Questions ahead:
There have been confirmed set *names* but no confirmed set *dates*, so why is it assumed they'll all release in the spring? Couldn't they simply copyright names and not release sets under those names for a longer time frame? (Side Stupid Question: is that a Japanese thing?)

One thing I will say that I do like: we know what the Japanese sets are about so far in advance that we can guess what the American (and thereby the international) sets are about - but what makes a card a promo versus what's to be pulled in a pack?
How are those stupid questions? There are logical.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Because goodness knows someone would think they're stupid. This is the internet, after all. But they are still questions I have and I don't know how Japanese copyright laws work.
I agree but I finally figured out why my psychologist professor told me once that there no stupid questions, but stupid answers. The first thing a person should know right away is when someone ask a question, it should be presumed that they do not know but want to know. A person who replies "that's a stupid question" makes a dumb assumption that "you should know that already" or "who cares".