AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
I feel Fusion System Genesect V and Power Tablet are the two cards that can make Fusion Box stand out as a strong archetype. Though I wonder if deck builders will settle on Mew VMAX as the main attacker.

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
Gosh! Where's the bullet icon? This makes my reviews so much handy.

Mew V/VMAX - So far, none of those Fusion V/VMAXs have any hard-hitting damage or something special, etc. Presume that this is a single set featuring Fusion cards, we won't get any hopes on this one. I'll just leave this up to you. 3/4-5

Hoopa V - Hitting weakness on the most common decks in the format is good, so does the attack. Good turn 1 the 3 energy atk tho, hehe! 4

Genesect V - Draw support on Fusion decks, but the attack is underwhelming, not KOing Vs... or isn't? 4

Power Tablets - Electropower for Fusion decks. 5

Cilan, Chili, & Cress - meh! Compare this to Brawly. You'll see what I mean. 3

Elesa's Radiance - Seems nice, I like it! Kinda like Korrina but even more cooler. 4-5

Meloetta - too bad I didn't get Melo during GO Fest, no money gaming here. Anyway, Nice try on doing 140 min damage for 2 energy. 3

Fusion Energy - 5

Dreepy/Drakloak/Dragapult - still have this "hate-hate" relationship on Stage 2s. 2/2/2-3

Clamperl/Gorebyss/Huntail - Gorebyss turns off abilities of RS mons, Means cards like Octillery and Rayquaza (I'm sure you'll worry less on Rayquaza VMAX ability) will have something to deal this thing. As for Huntail, makes SS mons pay more energy. Well, not a surprise since SS mons aren't energy efficient anyways. 2/4-5/3-4

Smeargle - Good luck giving up a prize recovering 2 cards. 2

Oricorio - don't need it. 3

Toxtricity - Crobat V or this ability? 3-4
Genesect should be a six. This is going to be one of the most meta-defining cards we've seen in a while. 4 Lillies in a single turn. This whole Fusion Box deck- whatever it shapes up to be- will be incredibly good.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if this is where that Shiny Gold Mew thats popping up on the interwebs will be from?

Also power tablet card would look cool in gold and Chili, Cilan, and Cress would look dope in rainbow form

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Wow! Those Fusion Style Pokémon are all AMAZING looking! I’m even considering including the Dreepy and Dragapult in my cube (which uses mutant evolution rules, with Pokémon evolving based on type and not line), even though I’m already pressed for space in the psychic type line.
That Oricorio is a nice reference to 6th generation; I’m pretty sure the training gym appeared on a Stadium card during that era, and the training bag is a nod to alternate EV training methods from X and Y.
I personally would have no interest in an Elesa full Art, but I seem to remember several people being sad that Skyla has three full sets and Elesa has none, so those people should be really happy!
Mew V and VMAX also look really nice! Mew is one of my favorite mythical Pokémon, Celebi being the other; both of these are fine examples of what a mythical Pokémon SHOULD look like, I don’t like mythical Pokémon like Darkrai or Genesect that feel more like legendary Pokémon, or legendary Pokémon like the lake trio who look like they should be mythical Pokémon. (In case you’re wondering, my favorite non-special legendary Pokémon is currently Moltres, while my favorite non-special legendary Pokémon is probably Lugia, Groudon, Dialga, or Solgaleo. My favorite Pokémon are usually either Pokémon I first came to appreciate because I like them aesthetically, or Pokémon that I came to appreciate because of a special memory, so I have many, many favorites, with Charmander, Lapras, and Cramorant being my top three favorites.)
The question about fusion arts is… do they signal the END of Battle Styles… or is it only just the beginning?

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
They're all cool, and it seems one will be able to make a toolbox deck that hits for many different weaknessses and is consistent at the same time. But.... Lore-wise, this Fusion thing is just bullshit, I'm sorry to say :p It doesn't get me motivated at all like Single Strike or Rapid Strike stuff do. It doesn't make any sense, really.

Beware! Because between hitting weaknesses, Toxtricity and Power Tablet, we might be witnessing a future real good top tier deck!

EDIT: Almost forgot. Rapid Strike Canceller is almighty good in stopping those annoying CRE Inteleons. Althought it might be too specific.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Meloetta - too bad I didn't get Melo during GO Fest, no money gaming here. Anyway, Nice try on doing 140 min damage for 2 energy. 3
TECHNICALLY you can do 280 damage if you have all four Fusion Energy in play. But you’re right, most of the time you’ll probably only have one or two Energy in play.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Love that smeargle. Shame the Fusion style trainers revealed so far aren't all that repeatable.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
The art on all of these cards are simply stunning, however that Genesect is the best one for me! It also very much gives me flashback to the full art XY promo (also done by PLANETA), which also looks amazing!

Also, glad to finally see Cress and Chili make their TCG debuts, now that Cilan has held the spotlight since Next Destinies :p

Zeeman

Pachirisu is the cutest
Cilan, Chili, & Cress - meh! Compare this to Brawly. You'll see what I mean. 3

Unless it's mistranslated, this card is super strong, if not the best Pokemon search of all time.
Currently translated as..

Search your deck for up to 3 Fusion Pokemon, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

The current translation is ANY Pokemon and not just basics which would be nuts imo!

Can anyone confirm or refute the above translation?

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Love that smeargle. Shame the Fusion style trainers revealed so far aren't all that repeatable.
Yeah, the Unova triplets are only good while setting up, and Elesa becomes bad quickly after using it the first time. Getting back Power Tablets with Smeargle could be nice, but if you do, that's offering an easy one prize to the opponent.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Unless it's mistranslated, this card is super strong, if not the best Pokemon search of all time.

Search your deck for up to 3 Fusion Pokemon, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

The current translation is ANY Pokemon and not just basics which would be nuts imo!

I translated this card and yes, it does indeed say "3 Fusion Pokémon". So this is as close to Pokémon Collector as we've had in terms of brokenness, and it gets evos (Collector did not). This just has to have them be Fusion Pokémon. The biggest limiter for the card will be that you can't use it on your first turn going first.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar

Yes. It is in essence Adventurer's Discovery for Fusion Pokémon. You can search for three Pokémon without limitation as long as all of them are Fusion Pokémon. However this card has little synergy with Genesect V's Fusion System. If you use item-based Pokémon search instead you can still fill the bench real fast and you lower down your hand considerably to enable Genesect V to draw more cards with Fusion System. Chili, Cilan, & Cress may search out three Fusion Pokémon at once but chances are that you will still have a sizeable and thus Fusion System draws less cards. By contrast twelve Pokémon search items in the form of an even break between Quick Ball, Level Ball, Fog Crystal, and Evolution Incense will fill the bench at a fast and consistent pace and lower the hand to a size that allows you to draw more cards with one of your benched Genesect V's Fusion System. Remember that Fusion System acts like a build-in Korrina's Focus if you have a total of six Fusion Pokémon in play. The card sure is good but it seems to me that the item-based Pokémon search outclasses it.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
First, they copy Mega Evolutions from Digimon
Now they copy Fusion from DragonBall Z

What's next? Copying Godzilla by having giant Pokemon? ....oh, wait

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
My analysis from this is that if there‘s a Mew V and Vmax, then there must also be a Mewtwo V and Vmax coming out. Pokemon Company is already making a Mewtwo V Union, but they have done more than one Mewtwo card per series most of the time. All I can do is hope for the best!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
They're all cool, and it seems one will be able to make a toolbox deck that hits for many different weaknessses and is consistent at the same time. But.... Lore-wise, this Fusion thing is just bullshit, I'm sorry to say :p It doesn't get me motivated at all like Single Strike or Rapid Strike stuff do. It doesn't make any sense, really.

Beware! Because between hitting weaknesses, Toxtricity and Power Tablet, we might be witnessing a future real good top tier deck!

EDIT: Almost forgot. Rapid Strike Canceller is almighty good in stopping those annoying CRE Inteleons. Althought it might be too specific.
The damage on Toxtricity is just flat out bad.