WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
If your opponent can't boss around it constantly, H.Goodra Vstar and Gardevoir could be great, taking 3hkos from Mew and Arceus while dealing a heavy 200 damage in return. Has potential to be a frustrating wall deck if you include healing items.

Its a monster, also can completelly heal one time without mayor drawbacks, also no weakness, with the -30 damage galarian tool and -20 from Gardevoir the thing has 400 hp basically, water atack cost that can be covered with Melony and Crystal Cave to cure 30 every turn, I gonna hate face this thing...

D2B2WIN1

Aspiring Trainer
I am loving the Hisuian Zoroark attacks; all of them. The Stage 1 has a free version of Doom News Absol and can get back more resources in a pinch. The V has a free Strafe attack and a decent secondary attack. The VStar is ok then I realized that Gengar's Ability is technically not once per turn, Damage Pump/Gapejaw Bog combo well with getting damage in play and spread out, VStar can have damage itself to further boost the damage and said damage caps out at 280 with DTE attached or 340 with Belt + Radiant Hawlucha to VMAXs. Add the Research VStar power and Hisuian Zoroark VStar feels like the next big deck.

Arezu = Grab 3 Gengar and add them into your hand and discard them with Zoroark's VStar Power.

Gengar + Damage Pump = 150 Damage for Hisuian Zoroark VStar. If the translation is correct, ANY WAY you would like means 1 on each Hisuian Zoroark VStar and/or bench sitters.

Hisuian Goodra VStar on the other hand is giving me Duraludon VMAX vibes. It will definitely be a solid deck with Radiant Gardi and Lake Acuity/Crystal Cave and it has decent accelerators with Melony and Arceus VStar. 200 with 80 damage reduction + 20 less from Vs + 20 less via a Stadium sounds incredible in theory but a counter Stadium, Escape Rope and Boss's Orders ruins this plan, even with a built in heal. I have a feeling that it isn't going to standout of the crowd unless we get some insane reveals like DDE or a decent Dragon accelerator.

Expanded note: Hisuian Zoroark has Spiritomb, DCE, Jynx, Rainbow Energy, Battle Compressor, Wally, and Sky Field. 300+ damage sounds incredibly easy with the right build. Hisuian Goodra VStar with DDE sounds like a potential ADP partner or a Brozong box style deck.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Another Gengar, another disappointed art. For my preference, there hasn't been a decent Gengar artwork since DP Gengar Lv.X. The best to date is the japanese exclusive Gengar Communication Evolution Promo:

Reprint this one! It perfectly describe the nature of Gengar: evil, mulitdimensional (fittingly well with the background), and the detail of it is superb.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
We'll probably ask get six new Character Rares. It's a bit early to tell, but it seems similar to Battle Region in every other way thus far (down to the number of species on the pack art), so I'm guessing it's likely.

leetic

Aspiring Trainer
Bro...they are NOT bringing back shiny Pokemon only to do the most popular ones, as usual...

Gimme a shiny Gorgeist card, or a shiny Volcarona card, or a shiny Lapras, or a shiny Aegislash, or a shiny Goodra or any shiny that's not gardevoir, charizard or greninja.
It's worth noting that we did have a shiny Volcarona

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
ICYMI, Dark Phantasma has no VMAX on it, as hinted in the Pokemon GO set info.

Arezu- you're just saying that this card buffs Inteleon even more before SSH Drizzile rotates out. BTW, I think you forgot something when it comes to Rule Box being mentioned (Pokemon GX, Pokemon V, etc. have Rule Boxes). 4
Iscan - glorified Samson Oak. 2
Lake Acuity - doesnt really matter. Damage was easily pinged by Inteleon anyway. 3
Damage Pump - pointless for what? 2
H. Goodra V/VSTAR - meh. The energy cost was expensive enough, not even worth using Arceus to accel it. The VSTAR Power is so iffy. 3/3
H. Zoroark V/VSTAR - Hitting Vs with a Double Turbo, plus Gapejaw Bog for dmg boost, I like this a lot. 3/5
Radiant Gardevoir - the ability is quickly ignored anyway. 3
H. Zorua/Zoroark - 3/3
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar - wouldn't be good if the ability was on a basic? 2/2/3-4
I don't understand the Gengar comment. Why would that be better on a basic?

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
It's worth noting that we did have a shiny Volcarona
In X and Y...5+ years ago....Compared to the 3 shiny zards, the 3 shiny greninja and the 3 shiny gardevoir we've gotten since then.

so, still, my point stands. I no longer believe this TCG has any love or care put into it.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
In X and Y...5+ years ago....Compared to the 3 shiny zards, the 3 shiny greninja and the 3 shiny gardevoir we've gotten since then.

so, still, my point stands. I no longer believe this TCG has any love or care put into it.
I feel like your point exists merely to go "Popular Pokemon BAD!" like a lot of the people on this site like to do already, conveniently ignoring the marked improvement we've had in obscure Pokemon getting Ultra Rares and shinies in the years since Sun and Moon ended.

Face it- They're not going to just stop printing popular Pokemon. It's called being a business and wanting to make money. That doesn't equate to less popular Pokemon getting represented, or the TCG not having any "love or care" put into it. Would you rather we go back to 2017 again when Sun and Moon was pumping out nothing but bland, underwhelming cards?

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Whatever shenanigans they're expecting us to pull off with Gengar is almost certainly too many hoops to jump through and not worth the effort.

Gardevoir should've read "Your non-rule box Pokemon take 20 less damage from your opponent’s Pokemon V’s attacks.". Why on earth would you print Choice Belt only to print this now?

Hisuian Zoroark's artwork is sick.

Hisuian Zoroark V's artwork is also sick.

I wonder is the stadium alone is gona be a reliable enough way of enabling Baleful Curse. The Vstar Power is obviously amazing.

Hisuian Goodra VSTAR looks disgusting. Both in looks and in gameplay. Yikes.

VictiniKing

Aspiring Trainer
Goodra + Gardevoir + Lake + Charm = 420 HP no weakness 2 prizer that can heal to full whenever it wants while dealing 200 a turn.

Darn that's a tanky mon.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Whatever shenanigans they're expecting us to pull off with Gengar is almost certainly too many hoops to jump through and not worth the effort.

Gardevoir should've read "Your non-rule box Pokemon take 20 less damage from your opponent’s Pokemon V’s attacks.". Why on earth would you print Choice Belt only to print this now?

Hisuian Zoroark's artwork is sick.

Hisuian Zoroark V's artwork is also sick.

I wonder is the stadium alone is gona be a reliable enough way of enabling Baleful Curse. The Vstar Power is obviously amazing.

Hisuian Goodra VSTAR looks disgusting. Both in looks and in gameplay. Yikes.
To be fair, that's not how they word things it would be silly if Gardevior didn't also protect itself with its ability.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I don't understand the Gengar comment. Why would that be better on a basic?
The first time I see this Gengar, I just thought that its just a crappy Stage 2. I just this Gengar might have some use, when I elaborate its ability. It's a stage 2, meaning you can't start with it, and can help some decks with its ability.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Goodra + Gardevoir + Lake + Charm = 420 HP no weakness 2 prizer that can heal to full whenever it wants while dealing 200 a turn.

Darn that's a tanky mon.
Unrealistic in some situations. Inteleons and Lumi can just search with Boss' Orders and target a different Pokemon.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like your point exists merely to go "Popular Pokemon BAD!" like a lot of the people on this site like to do already, conveniently ignoring the marked improvement we've had in obscure Pokemon getting Ultra Rares and shinies in the years since Sun and Moon ended.

Face it- They're not going to just stop printing popular Pokemon. It's called being a business and wanting to make money. That doesn't equate to less popular Pokemon getting represented, or the TCG not having any "love or care" put into it. Would you rather we go back to 2017 again when Sun and Moon was pumping out nothing but bland, underwhelming cards?
i literally used a shiny greninja in my previous ultra sun playthrough. I know you wouldn't know that, but...Thank you for assuming, though. If you actually thought about it instead of just looking at it in the most surface level-way possible, that's not my argument at all. I'm saying that this tcg very blatantly favors the same things over, and over, and over, as opposed to unpopular things..How many sets was, let's say, Chesnaught featured prominently in? Or Slaking? Or Mawile? Or Mismagius? Okay, now name every set charizard or greninja have ever been in a pack artwork of. Now, name evey set that has a Charizard ETB. It's 2, by the way. That's more than Pikachu- the mascot. So, yeah...I take issue with being force-fed the same things year after year, and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon- if at all. There are 900+ Pokemon, therefore there are 900+ shines. Yet, somehow, 3 or 4 shiny Pokemon are regularly featured. This isn't debatable, or yet-to-be-proven. This isn't my opinion; just search any setlist of any set featuring shinies.

If you somehow don't have an issue with even one or two of these things, you are literally a sheep.

Last edited:

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer

Hold on, what? Did you just say sun and moon pumped out nothing but bland cards? People used to be GUILLOTINED for this kind of buffoonery.