Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We revealed the first information about Brilliant Stars over the past few weeks, and now Pokemon has officially revealed the set!

Pokemon_TCG_Sword_Shield—Brilliant_Stars_Logo-200x83.png

The set will feature Arceus VSTAR, Charizard VSTAR, Shaymin VSTAR and Whimsicott VSTAR. As we found out last night, Pokemon VSTAR can have an attack or an Ability as their VSTAR Power. Only one VSTAR Power can be used per game since they’re extremely powerful.
The press release mentions Brilliant Stars will have “a special Trainer Gallery subset of 30 cards with artwork featuring fan-favorite Trainers and Pokemon.” This is almost certainly referring to the Character...

[url="https://www.pokebeach.com/2021/11/brilliant-stars-officially-revealed-will-contain-character-rares-from-vmax-climax"]Continue reading...

Last edited:

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
Will alternative artwork cards still be around? Cause if yes I’m assuming this means we can anticipate at least Arceus V and Charizard V to receive the alt Art treatment. Would be nice if Whimsicott and Shaymin did as well.

breadvox

still holding out for a tentacruel fullart
the art on the Vstar cards reminds me a lot of lv.X! looking forward to this set, hopefully the pull rates wont be too bad...

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
HELLO, CHARIZARD. We meet again. It's a good thing you're only being used to show off a new mechanic this time, otherwise I'd be even more off-put by your commanding presence.

Let's just hope TPCI doesn't try to pull anything fancy with you this time!

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
"3 new Vmax"
So Kingler from the 100 decks, and perhaps we may be getting the Hatterene and Machamp (or Melmetal) gigantamaxes forms as well?

Also this new special energy and Acerola-like trainer: time to buy Togekiss and Tornadus!

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
There's way more than 30 CHR cards in VMAX Climax though.

Unless CSR don't count. Blaziken CSR to Blissey CSR is already 39 cards.

shaman

Uncommon
Can we have another triple energy of some kind to make the Stage 2 Orbeetle engine good again? Pretty please?

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Now that the theory that VSTAR will only be Sinnoh/ Hisui Pokemon is dead and buried, I pray for an Espeon or Mimikyu VSTAR that's actually good.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know if the 20 Pokemon V include the character arts? it seems like a lot of Vs otherwise for the set size