Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We now have the set list for Brilliant Stars!
Our set combines cards from November’s VMAX Climax, December’s Start Deck 100, and January’s Star Birth. Every single card from Star Birth is included.
The set has 151 regular cards, 35 secret rares, and 30 “Trainer Gallery” cards.
The Trainer Gallery is mostly comprised of Character Rares, but also includes full art Trainers and secret rare gold Pokemon that would normally be part of our secret rares. This...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Is there still WAY too many chase cards? Yes. But I DO applaud the decision by Pokemon to split up the Character Rares across these next few sets instead of cramming them all into one set like I would’ve expected them to do. Best part is that these Character Rares (likely) won’t be restricted to the holiday sets, so now they’ll be easier to get!

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
I wonder when we're getting the Galarian Mr Rime V and Dry Seasoned Curry, really thought they would be in this one. It's gonna be weird getting a Fusion Strike in Astral Radiance when the battle styles were discontinued two sets earlier.

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
Happy to see Brilliant Stars come in under 200 cards to be honest.
Trainers gallery as a subset feels like a good decision, and breaking it up across multiple sets an even better one.

Trainers Gallery style cards will replace Rainbow rares as the year goes on is my speculative guess.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
It's still genuinely astonishing do me that this set is heavily centered around Arceus yet they didn't think to print all his types again....

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
For the likes of Luxray, Emolga, Zeraora, and Snorlax. We might never gonna get them ever. In a subset, maybe. For Hoopa and Rayquaza whatever, same thing, in a subset. Since the subset might be flooded with CHR madness. Like Shining Fates does.

taveryri

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder when we're getting the Galarian Mr Rime V and Dry Seasoned Curry, really thought they would be in this one. It's gonna be weird getting a Fusion Strike in Astral Radiance when the battle styles were discontinued two sets earlier.
do you think battle styles will be the cut off for next rotation?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
do you think battle styles will be the cut off for next rotation?
They are now based on Regulation Marks. In Sept 2022, we will be rotated to E-onwards. Battle Styles has a Block D card, which is Swordward & Shielbert, that card will rotate on September.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
You're a Gym promo season ahead. We got Dracovish V and Blunder Policy in this set, which are the Gym promos in the season prior to Rime V and Curry. We should except them in Astral Radiance. Although it's not impossible for Rime V to become a promo instead.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
You're a Gym promo season ahead. We got Dracovish V and Blunder Policy in this set, which are the Gym promos in the season prior to Rime V and Curry. We should except them in Astral Radiance. Although it's not impossible for Rime V to become a promo instead.
Starting with Krokorok from Gym Promo Pack 4, international keeps leaving out cards.

Since then, Cherubi and Galarian Mr Mime from 5, Snorunt and Koffing from 6, Baltoy and Croagunk from 7 have all been left out. Do you think they will be coming or not?

Of course these are all alternate arts rather than new cards. From 8, Grubbin, Toxel and Graveler are in danger of not making it. 9 onwards there are no longer any Eeveelutions/Eevee taking up spots for blister promos so what gets cut will be interesting.

Maybe they will all be printed in a special set but so far the only one we know is Pokemon Go which most likely will be like Detective Pikachu and not have random cards like these or the Start Deck 100/VMAX Climax alt arts in.

And even then, I have no idea why international chose to release a ridiculous Frankenstein product like Champion's Path with no discernible identity (beyond Charizard wanking) and still chose not to bring over all the missing cards from Tag Team All Stars.

I wasn't back in the TCG at the time, but what a pathetic set and product.

Off topic but I am surprised they still have yet to make an Alt Art card for Zarude

Why? They chose not to give Hoopa and Shaymin alternate arts in favour of Greedent and Honchkrow. I'm not complaining, but Japan follows a pretty set ratio and if they do change it, all successive sets follow suit. In fact, they've already upped it for Star Birth. Honchkrow wouldn't have gotten an alternate art previously since there was a maximum of 3 alts (outside of Eevee Heroes).

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Starting with Krokorok from Gym Promo Pack 4, international keeps leaving out cards.

Since then, Cherubi and Galarian Mr Mime from 5, Snorunt and Koffing from 6, Baltoy and Croagunk from 7 have all been left out. Do you think they will be coming or not?

Of course these are all alternate arts rather than new cards. From 8, Grubbin, Toxel and Graveler are in danger of not making it. 9 onwards there are no longer any Eeveelutions/Eevee taking up spots for blister promos so what gets cut will be interesting.

Maybe they will all be printed in a special set but so far the only one we know is Pokemon Go which most likely will be like Detective Pikachu and not have random cards like these or the Start Deck 100/VMAX Climax alt arts in.

And even then, I have no idea why international chose to release a ridiculous Frankenstein product like Champion's Path with no discernible identity (beyond Charizard wanking) and still chose not to bring over all the missing cards from Tag Team All Stars.

It's very unlikely we'll see them, especially the earlier ones. There were plenty from the Sun & Moon era that never made it here. I'm particularly sad about Basculin since that was depicted in it's Red Stripe form, while the original was Blue Stripe. There were even a few unique ones that never made it; i.e. the Alolan Meowth with an ability (this was a little odd as to why it didn't make it), and Rainbow Flower (this was from the last Gym promos at the end of the Sun & Moon era hence why it didn't make it).

Only reason we saw most of the earlier Gym promos was because Champions Path needed filler, when it wasn't based on a Japanese set but rather took cards out of various products and sets that would have likely otherwise been in Darkness Ablaze, and a few instances, Vivid Voltage. Yes since we should be seeing the end of the Eevee blister promos soon there may be a few slots open for some more of them to be blister promos.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
It's very unlikely we'll see them, especially the earlier ones. There were plenty from the Sun & Moon era that never made it here. I'm particularly sad about Basculin since that was depicted in it's Red Stripe form, while the original was Blue Stripe. There were even a few unique ones that never made it; i.e. the Alolan Meowth with an ability (this was a little odd as to why it didn't make it), and Rainbow Flower (this was from the last Gym promos at the end of the Sun & Moon era hence why it didn't make it).

Only reason we saw most of the earlier Gym promos was because Champions Path needed filler, when it wasn't based on a Japanese set but rather took cards out of various products and sets that would have likely otherwise been in Darkness Ablaze, and a few instances, Vivid Voltage. Yes since we should be seeing the end of the Eevee blister promos soon there may be a few slots open for some more of them to be blister promos.
Do you know of anywhere that has a list of what didn't make it over? Like a Japanese artwork exclusive list or something? And maybe a companion English one - these seem to mainly be pre-release promos.

So normally not all the Gym promos make it over?