Nintendo to Announce Switch Successor “Within This Fiscal Year”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Nintendo has revealed on Twitter that it will make an announcement about the successor to the Switch “within this fiscal year,” meaning sometime before March 2025. This is the first time Nintendo has publicly acknowledged its next console.
Nintendo also announced a Nintendo Direct for June, but stated there will be no mention of the Switch successor in that presentation. Rather, it will focus on Switch games for the latter half of 2024.
In February, insider sources told publications like Bloomberg that the Switch successor was originally planned to release at the end of 2024 but was...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I will preorder Switch 2 whenever it's official announched. It's not hurry because Generation X won't be released until November 2025

Assuming Legends Z-A is a Switch 2 release as well as a Switch release(akin to Zelda:TP for Wii AND Gamecube, as well as Zelda:BofW for Wii U AND Switch), I wonder if they need two or three more special sets in February/March, May/June and/or August/September, respectively, to fill the gaps left behind by a next-VG-block release that won't truly come until April, June, or, if they utilize the traditional 6-month post-announcement console manufacturing period, maybe September???

^ If they need stopgap sets from a possible delay of Z-A, that means they might need a game B to replace and supplant block I's original vision of what set of games the next block of cards will focus on...

^ I hope the above is NOT necessary to keep the game fresh and not stale, as I want an orderly delay that does NOT warrant extraordinary actions by TPC to ensure that the format keeps on producing new cards, even if the next block does not otherwise have a VG equivalent of focus. If they have to focus on a new iteration of past releases such as Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (via Nintendo Switch Online's GB/GBA platforms), then this delay could make me feel like, wake me up when block J is finally released, and newness can finally blossom... :(

Last edited:
I always know that Pokemon Gen 10 will release on a new Nintendo console. So 2026 to celebrate 30th anniversary with 10th generation on a new Nintendo console. I can't wait for november 2026.

I always know that Pokemon Gen 10 will release on a new Nintendo console. So 2026 to celebrate 30th anniversary with 10th generation on a new Nintendo console. I can't wait for november 2026.
Gen 10 games will be released on november 2025

Assuming Legends Z-A is a Switch 2 release as well as a Switch release(akin to Zelda:TP for Wii AND Gamecube, as well as Zelda:BofW for Wii U AND Switch), I wonder if they need two or three more special sets in February/March, May/June and/or August/September, respectively, to fill the gaps left behind by a next-VG-block release that won't truly come until April, June, or, if they utilize the traditional 6-month post-announcement console manufacturing period, maybe September???

^ If they need stopgap sets from a possible delay of Z-A, that means they might need a game B to replace and supplant block I's original vision of what set of games the next block of cards will focus on...

^ I hope the above is NOT necessary to keep the game fresh and not stale, as I want an orderly delay that does NOT warrant extraordinary actions by TPC to ensure that the format keeps on producing new cards, even if the next block does not otherwise have a VG equivalent of focus. If they have to focus on a new iteration of past releases such as Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (via Nintendo Switch Online's GB/GBA platforms), then this delay could make me feel like, wake me up when block J is finally released, and newness can finally blossom... :(
The 3DS released in February/March 2011, and BW (March 2011 outside Japan) and B2W2 (2012) weren't dual DS/3DS releases. I wouldn't expect Z-A to be a dual release either.

Let's hope that the switch 2 fixes many of the problems in both hardware and software. Gen 10 should be much better then ScarVi as those were literal slideshows. Also it would be nice to stop dealing with drift and controllers being made with tangled wires. Not preordering this until we see more details.

Back