Tera Dragapult ex, Palafin ex, Legacy Energy ACE SPEC from “Mask of Change” Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several new cards have just revealed from SV6 Mask of Change!
Three of the cards share a “Festival Lead” Ability that allows them to attack twice in one turn, including Dipplin, Goldeen, and Swirlix. Thwackey also syncs with a Pokemon that has the Ability.
Thanks goes to Jake C. for the translations!
Grookey – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokemon
[G] Smack Kick: 10 damage.
[G][G] Branch Poke: 30 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Thwackey – Grass – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Grookey
Ability: Bang Bang Drum
If your Active Pokemon has the Ability “Festival Lead,” you may use...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Hope baby Palafin won't be promo exclusive but ):
Edit: isn't the same art. So baby palafin in the set +_+

Edit 2: first dragon type dreepy line. I liked when they used both types in the tcg. Really wanted some colorless flying ones, or bug/poison mon with grass type in tcg, for example.

Last edited:
No because Palafin ex has own ability which states you can't. You could if you had one that blocks abilities also in your hand. Then you could do it
Also no because Palafin ex needs to be in the deck. You can't evolve it from your hand.

Something that blocks Abilities of Pokemon in your hand would allow Finizen to evolve into Palafin ex. It still says "Evolves from Finizen". Currently, this would only work in Expanded.
Ability: Zero to Hero
Once during your turn, when this Pokemon moves from the Active Spot to the Bench, you may search your deck for Palafin ex and switch it with this Pokemon. Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokemon. If you searched for a Pokemon in this way, put this card into your hand and shuffle your deck.

No, you would need something that blocks abilities in the deck and I don't think that ever existed, not even Garbotoxin affects the deck.

Gold star and a free Garbotoxin in Standard for @ZekromFan and @Asrialys for being the only ones who know how to play this game.

Once during your turn, when this Pokemon moves from the Active Spot to the Bench, you may search your deck for Palafin ex and switch it with this Pokemon. Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokemon. If you searched for a Pokemon in this way, put this card into your hand and shuffle your deck.

No, you would need something that blocks abilities in the deck and I don't think that ever existed, not even Garbotoxin affects the deck.

He's not talking about using Zero to Hero to get Palafin ex in play, he means just evolving it directly from your hand like a normal evolution.

It doesn't matter if you can block Palafin ex's Hero's Spirit ability when it's in your hand. Then you can evolve from Finizen to Palafin ex without baby Palafin

Apparently Legacy Energy reduces your opponent's claimed Prize Cards by one, once per game, which it has to specify because otherwise you could cycle it over and over

Yes. That's on PALAFIN. Not on FINIZEN. I made the mistake earlier today since they look the same.

If a card that block abilities is in the field, can we evolve Palafin ex without the baby Palafin?
Palafin ex is essentially the Pokemon equivalent to Yu-Gi-Oh's "Garnet" - a card important to a strategy, but does nothing meaningful if it ends up in your hand. The Palafin ex must be in the deck for baby Palafin to switch into it.

Back