TPCi Doubles Pokemon TCG Vending Machines to 200 Locations, Including California!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Since October, TPCi has nearly doubled the number of its Pokemon TCG vending machines in the United States. There are now 200 machines.
For the first time ever the machines can now be found in California! There are currently 22 Vons, Albertsons, and Food 4 Less stores hosting them in Los Angeles County and Orange County.
It’s clear TPCi is making a concentrated effort to grow the number of these machines. In October 2023, there were 120 machines in the United States. In June 2023, there were only 45.
A limited number of these machines first appeared in 2017 at malls near TPCi’s headquarters in Washington. Since then, they’ve expanded to Oregon, Colorado, Arizona, Texas, and now California.
The...

Continue reading...

About 2 years ago, I attempted to buy an Evolving Skies booster box from one of these machines in Seattle. It charged me the $144 or so MSRP and a Battle Styles ETB was dispensed. I tried again since the ES BB had another spot in the machine and again, it dropped a Battle Styles ETB.
I contacted the PC support line and they passed me around for nearly 6 months before finally issuing a refund.
There have been other instances where I've bought single packs and it didn't dispense anything. I highly suggest you record video while purchasing anything from these machines in case something similar happens. Fortunately I did and PC help desk did request them as evidence.

Would be fabulous if we could get some Vending MCHNs rolling in Ventura County, too! California's already one of the hottest hot spots for Pokemon in general, so send in the army!

Out of curiosity, if someone knows: is there a maximum amount of items you can get out of a maschine with the same creditcard? Or is it possible for a single scalper to empty one over the course of a morning?
Just genuinely curious, not saying that this is happening.

Out of curiosity, if someone knows: is there a maximum amount of items you can get out of a maschine with the same creditcard? Or is it possible for a single scalper to empty one over the course of a morning?
There's videos out there of scalpers draining entire machines unfortunately, so there's no safeguard there :(

There are no purchase limits AFAIK (I visited the ones that popped up in WA malls back in 2017) but they do run out of high-demand items (151 booster bundles, Shiny Charizard ex tins, anything with Evolving Skies packs, etc.) like @Chaosbeat mentioned.
There's videos out there of scalpers draining entire machines unfortunately, so there's no safeguard there :(
How recent are the videos? The last time I've heard of people clearing 'em out was when TCG stock in general was low.

Back