• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glacial Traitor (Glaceon/Zoroark 6.0)

With team up coming out I don't know what to add other than Veridian Forest to replace the devoured field.
Maybe an Erica's hospitality or another new card

Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

Of all the listed Pokémon,I've found from my experience that 1 Tapu Lele GX is quite sufficient. This is, most likely, a personal preference; but, I also found that having 2 Tapu Lele GXs in play is just not ideal. Similarly, Marshadow can be helpful at times, but it's a "1-trick pony" in that it potentially provides some card-draw support; BUT it is also an easy 1HKO target when it sits on the bench (occupying a valuable bench space too). IMO, both of these Pokémon are considered "low" priority.

Given you're running Zoroak GX, why no Judge?

Is 1 Field Blower sufficient?

In non-Metal/Fighting Pokémon match-ups, are the Bodybuilding Dumbbells really that useful? Either I could just 1HKO your Pokémon with the BbDs or just damage them "lightly" (e.g., 30 HP damage) reapeatedly to set them up for a subsequent KO.

Suggested deck changes:

-1 Tapu Lele GX
-1 Marshadow
-2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells

+1 Field Blower - will be needed against spread decks.
+2 Judge (or 1 Judge and 1 Tate & Liza)
+1 Water

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

Of all the listed Pokémon,I've found from my experience that 1 Tapu Lele GX is quite sufficient. This is, most likely, a personal preference; but, I also found that having 2 Tapu Lele GXs in play is just not ideal. Similarly, Marshadow can be helpful at times, but it's a "1-trick pony" in that it potentially provides some card-draw support; BUT it is also an easy 1HKO target when it sits on the bench (occupying a valuable bench space too). IMO, both of these Pokémon are considered "low" priority.

Given you're running Zoroak GX, why no Judge?

Is 1 Field Blower sufficient?

In non-Metal/Fighting Pokémon match-ups, are the Bodybuilding Dumbbells really that useful? Either I could just 1HKO your Pokémon with the BbDs or just damage them "lightly" (e.g., 30 HP damage) reapeatedly to set them up for a subsequent KO.

Suggested deck changes:

-1 Tapu Lele GX
-1 Marshadow
-2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells

+1 Field Blower - will be needed against spread decks.
+2 Judge (or 1 Judge and 1 Tate & Liza)
+1 Water

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Thank you so much for your recommendations
I have to question why field blower would be needed against spread decks? For shrine?
Marshadow is a good card but judge is too but I will probably go by your recommendation so
-1 marshadow +1 judge
Bodybuilding Dumbbells is an interesting card because I was going to go by your recommendation but then I realized that pikarom would sweep my deck
With BB Dumbbells however they have to find 2 electro powers and a choice band or 3 electro powers
Tate and Liza sounds like a good tech and another water sounds good so if I see that the Dumbbells are useless in further testing I will remove them and add your recommendations
I would also like to add a alolan grimer to make sure that I have a highly favorable matchup against jirachi variants

...I have to question why field blower would be needed against spread decks? For shrine?
Yes, primarily.
...Marshadow is a good card but judge is too but I will probably go by your recommendation so
-1 marshadow +1 judge
When I run a "strong" (e.g., 3-3+) Zoroark line, running more Judges (2+) to disrupt my opponent's hand while I can still Trade has been more advantageous than not.

Back