Discussion Which Deck Will Be the Strongest After the Release of Lost Thunder?

Here in the UK there are NO expanded tournaments, even at a local level that I’ve seen. All European regionals are standard, and any internationals are standard so we don’t really have a choice. Standard is the only format we can play competitively I’m afraid.
There is a local league that ran a Expanded league cup (Bournemouth, South of England) Q1, annoying that there isn't any expanded regionals tho

I predict Blacephalon as the new hype hot deck for week 1-2 of lost thunder standard and then I think zoro lists will have a defined meta to tech against and then from there buzzhole with new A. Ninetales gx will be top dog for a couple weeks allowing malamar decks to return to the spotlight.

I predict Blacephalon as the new hype hot deck for week 1-2 of lost thunder standard and then I think zoro lists will have a defined meta to tech against and then from there buzzhole with new A. Ninetales gx will be top dog for a couple weeks allowing malamar decks to return to the spotlight.

That is quite a Prediction. I myself have other plans for Ninetales that don't involve buzzwole(Does not mean I won't build a deck) If it works out I'll post it.

So we've had 3 causal games at our leagues with Lost Thunder cards legal and if anyone was wondering, top 4 were:

Day 1: Decidueye/Ninetales, Zoroark/Lycanroc, White Kyurem/Arceus, Zoroark/Lycanroc
Day 2: Zoroark/Lycanroc, Decidueye/Ninetales, Magcargo, Buzzwole/Lycanroc
Day 3: Zoroark/Lycanroc, Zoroark/Lycanroc, Granbull, Blissey/Malamar

So yeah, ZoroLycan is still killing it even with all the Blacephalon and fairy Ninetales around. I will admit that Blacephlon probably is the one to beat if it sets everything up.

So we've had 3 causal games at our leagues with Lost Thunder cards legal and if anyone was wondering, top 4 were:

Day 1: Decidueye/Ninetales, Zoroark/Lycanroc, White Kyurem/Arceus, Zoroark/Lycanroc
Day 2: Zoroark/Lycanroc, Decidueye/Ninetales, Magcargo, Buzzwole/Lycanroc
Day 3: Zoroark/Lycanroc, Zoroark/Lycanroc, Granbull, Blissey/Malamar

So yeah, ZoroLycan is still killing it even with all the Blacephalon and fairy Ninetales around. I will admit that Blacephlon probably is the one to beat if it sets everything up.

Did anyone play lost march or did it just not do well? It's also interesting to see that Zoro rock did so well, and Malamar Giratina flopped. Whats that Blissy Malamar deck like?

Did anyone play lost march or did it just not do well? It's also interesting to see that Zoro rock did so well, and Malamar Giratina flopped. Whats that Blissy Malamar deck like?

Only one guy did and he didn't do so well. The Blissey one is just to stack energies up on it and flip to get the numbers. The guy using it had like 6 energies on the Blissey at one point haha!

Yup alot of guys tried Giratina/Malamar and they all did quite badly, only one guy got at least 2 wins with it.

I've built the deck. However, it has some consistency issues. I may switch the Tales for Zoros and see if that helps

Yeah the biggest weakness to the deck is judge, I took that into consideration when Building and added 3 Ninetales and 4 Vulpix's in such a case. Even with 2(or 3 if your running Volkner) Moomoo milks your still hitting high damage for a 1 prize card.

Zoro/magcargo is slower, although you may not get judged until after the initial attack, but then you'll have to start over. If of course your getting judged every other turn this is going to be the preferred method.

I am considering adding in Celebi (prism star) as a one prize Ninetales refresh, however I'm still on the fence about it(Tapu Koko can be extremely annoying.)

I love the new Alolan Ninetales GX, that thing is like a new Tapu Lele GX. I think it will shed lots of new light on lots of Stage 2 Decks, such as Gardevoir GX and the Cosmog evolution lines.

I also was really excited for Mimikyu GX, but besides the card art, to me it just seems like a lower Sylveon GX. Am I missing something?

There is a local league that ran a Expanded league cup (Bournemouth, South of England) Q1, annoying that there isn't any expanded regionals tho

One of our writers told us about that situation. Expanded is the 'lost format' over there. I don't know how I feel about it, really. Expanded is nice, but if our National Championship and World Championship are going to be in Standard, what's the point of earning points in a format to carry you to something you weren't playing with?

Back