Discussion Which Deck Will Be the Strongest After the Release of Lost Thunder?

Too many options to decide at this point in time. People are still playtesting and theorycrafting, and most folks are still busy with SUM-Dragon Majesty format. But I like the looks of Giratina and the coffin buddy coming out in Lost Thunder together potentially, for starters.

Really intrigued just to see how the new supporters in particular change the meta, whether or not a new deck emerges. Professor Elm's Lecture, Sightseer, etc., their ability to take the current 'slow' meta and speed it up might make the 'fast' decks (like GasKan) weaker -or might make them even stronger...

I think there will be 2 types of decks after Lost Thunder
Old decks, like GasKan (MalamarBox) with a few new cards like sightseer and Garitina, and totally new decks, such as Lost march, Blacepleon, and CofaTina

Blacephalon-GX/Nagagagaga seems legit. But as @Shikageru said, there are really too many options to really say at this point. That said, I really do think Blacephalon GX will have an impact on the meta, and I’m pretty sure it will be meta. Maybe some weird stuff with Zeraora? I don’t know. I’m loving mimikyu GX as a potential threat too, that confusion + GX attack + Cascading Barrage will get annoying real quick.

I’m looking at Expanded because it’s the only format that matters to me, and that it’s better than Standard (how many people are complaining about Standard? Many, many more than Expanded. Checkmate, Standardists)

- Blacephalon / baby Naganadel
- M Gardy EX / Giratina (LOT)
- Lost March
- Ray GX / Zeraora GX

On paper, Clown boi and M Gardy look like they have the most promise in making Day 2. I keep hearing whispers of Lost March, I need to see more streamlined lists in action. Ray could do good, Zeraora gives it some much needed maneuverability. I don’t know if Zeraora is going to be the thing that makes Ray SUPER good, or “better than bad it’s good”

I’m looking at Expanded because it’s the only format that matters to me, and that it’s better than Standard (how many people are complaining about Standard? Many, many more than Expanded. Checkmate, Standardists)

Here in the UK there are NO expanded tournaments, even at a local level that I’ve seen. All European regionals are standard, and any internationals are standard so we don’t really have a choice. Standard is the only format we can play competitively I’m afraid.

Here in the UK there are NO expanded tournaments, even at a local level that I’ve seen. All European regionals are standard, and any internationals are standard so we don’t really have a choice. Standard is the only format we can play competitively I’m afraid.

Yeah, Europe got the shaft there for Expanded. Understandable too: not as popular a format and some of the adds are a LOT harder to get over there than they are in America-town.

Point still stands: Standard is for squares. =runs=

Yeah, Europe got the shaft there for Expanded. Understandable too: not as popular a format and some of the adds are a LOT harder to get over there than they are in America-town.

Point still stands: Standard is for squares. =runs=
yes standard is for squares and expanded is far superior

i can see myself building unown damage

sightseer

- Blacephalon / baby Naganadel
- M Gardy EX / Giratina (LOT)
- Lost March
- Ray GX / Zeraora GX

On paper, Clown boi and M Gardy look like they have the most promise in making Day 2. I keep hearing whispers of Lost March, I need to see more streamlined lists in action. Ray could do good, Zeraora gives it some much needed maneuverability. I don’t know if Zeraora is going to be the thing that makes Ray SUPER good, or “better than bad it’s good”
I agree with the lost march comment. I have not seen a single list that is consistent, though they are pretty strong once set up. Personally, I don't think it can do well because of the hp. With both of your main attackers having less than 70 HP, you Go even with or lose to every non-gx deck, Not to mention Tapu Koko exists.

The hype for Lost Thunder is Lost March and electric decks because of the support it gets, but the real MVP are those Unown cards.
Unown is gonna be insanely annoying, and it probably won't even get banned because of alolan muk, tapu koko and the deck itself's inconsistency

I agree with the lost march comment. I have not seen a single list that is consistent, though they are pretty strong once set up. Personally, I don't think it can do well because of the hp. With both of your main attackers having less than 70 HP, you Go even with or lose to every non-gx deck, Not to mention Tapu Koko exists.

Night March attacks with stuff that's 30 HP and 60 HP and it's where it's at. I see more spread decks coming out of Lost Thunder. I don't think M Gardy autowins NM/Lost March, but it's definitely a match favored for M Gardy, I think.

Unown is gonna be insanely annoying, and it probably won't even get banned because of alolan muk, tapu koko and the deck itself's inconsistency

Unown DAMAGE is EXTREMELY fragile and vulernable to Ability-lock and its own consistency

The one with the hand ability?

I've tried HAND OTK. It's a no go. And it's not even a viable tech against mill/stall builds unless it's Shock Lock.

Same story here in Asia, there's no such thing as expanded tourneys on our side too. We just play standard all the time.

i feel malamar with stuff with continue quite strong. zoroark with friends will always be able to keep up. blacephalon with naga seems quite strong. im note quite yet impressed with lost march

Back