News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Seems like WPM was right on with his prediction! That one per restriction applied to the original run of Pokemon Star (except it was one, period). The rule also balances them nicely - a one prize big Basic with strong attacks could tip things quickly otherwise.

Sidebar, I'm still baffled that they managed to name a set Stormfront. Even then in 2008, I feel like that should have been an enormous faux pas.

Okay so these prisim star cards will probally all have something relating to the lost zone as it's now back and they are basics like EX cards so you can search them with nest ball. They probably won't have full arts or hyper rare cards since there will be enough SR stuff with the GX cards. They will probally be like break cards in not having another rarity. My only question is are prism rare cards as rare of rarer than your avrage GX? And would they add to the pull total of booster boxes?

Solgaleo deck HERE I COME!! I knew saving my Solgaleo's was going to pay off one day, and that time is now!

Also that attack name... Corona Impact, feelgoodman, great name for my Mexican heart

will it be used WITH NewGaleo: 100%

What are the odds that you'll have 6 metal energies in your discard pile at really any point in the game? Newgaleo encourages using DCE's on himself, and if you're grabbing 3/4 energy with prism burst you're kind of wasting your time, since you could have been threatening two-shots with newgaleo.

I think it will probably see some play with newgaleo, but it's not as amazing as people are making it out to be. It doesn't do anything that a newgaleo deck really needs.

*Sees Prism Star card reveal*

*Get's Hyped*

*Sees Prism Star Rule and sees that Lost Zone is back*

NOOOOOO, GOD PLEASE NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"The set description mentioned there would be six Prism Star cards in the set"

So... Solgaleo, Lunala, and all of the Necrozmas'?

Hm, was looking forward to making a dialga deck when i heard this set would be sinnoh based, but if they just make a prism star dialga and no normal one that probably won't be possible. Oh well.

I'm glad this notions towards diamond pearl remakes at least.

"The set description mentioned there would be six Prism Star cards in the set"

So... Solgaleo, Lunala, and all of the Necrozmas'?

I think the necrozma forms will be gx cards, based on their 3d art from the product images. Since the set is sinnoh based I think solgaleo and lunala will get prism star cards, as well as dialga, palkia and giratina. Then the last one would be a legendary from one of the two gens. A lot of the sun moon legendaries just got new cards, as well as darkrai, regigigas, shaymin, manaphy and arceus from gen 4. So maybe Cresselia? Heatran doesn't seem important enough to get a prism star slot.

Super cool! Never played during the lost zone era and was a kid when gold stars were a thing. Really looking forward to these

Man, Solgaleo just keeps getting more and more support. Sunsteel Strike OHKOs everything with a Choice Band, the new Solgaleo GX removes all of your type weakness while 2HKOs AND provides energy acceleration, the GRI Solgaleo can OHKO many GXs and only gives up one prize, and now we have this one which is a BASIC and offers crazy energy acceleration. Meanwhile, Lunala gets shafted.

This can also be used in Metagross. It's basically a Nitro Tank GX as long as you have enough energy in your discard. It gets past Garbotoxin, which completely shuts down Metagross normally.

I also really like the art! I'm excited to see the other 5 Prism cards.

• Solgaleo ◇- I love the concept of Prism cards. Gives up 1 Prize, Put straight to the Lost Some when discarded like being KOed, 1 copy each per deck so you can have multiple Prism stars but 1 copy each, treated as basic, I love it. I think how hard you pull it is similar on how hard you pull Gold . In Solgaleo himself, I love it. Accels Energy faster, able to OHKO most Basic and Stage 1 GXs. Definitely a Solgaleo deck emerges. 5 Geodudes.

Back