News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

You may be able to fake someone out with a Ninja Boy into Charizard GX for a win, being sneaky that way. hahaha

Doesn't Ninja Boy only work with Basic Pokémon, though? Well, unless you have a Rare Candy and Charizard-GX in your hand...

With the GX move you could potentially turn 2 have 3 Chandelure's on your bench or any stage 2 fire pokemon that you sycamore'd earlier. I was just looking through a couple sets and Chandelure is kind of a cool new card.

If you are referring to Ho-oh GX's GX attack, look again. It clearly states you can only grab fire type EX and GX cards from your discard. Though 3 chandelures would be an interesting thing to see.

I'm really excited for this. Float Stone, Zoroark, Switch, and even the combination of this guys first move then GX move next turn is great. I love the GX move U-turn and Volt Switch are competitive for a reason in VG switch out moves are just great for utilizing different Pokemon you have set up, granted you can only use that specific move once. One thing I'm wondering if you have a Zoroark on bench with a Float Stone can you retreat that same turn then? I would guess you can since you hadn't used retreat yet.

For Zoroark are you talking about using the ability to pull him up to the front, then retreat into whatever you want? If so, yes you can! Its a combo that people have used quite often, similar to Keldeo EX back in the BW era.

If you are referring to Ho-oh GX's GX attack, look again. It clearly states you can only grab fire type EX and GX cards from your discard. Though 3 chandelures would be an interesting thing to see.

For Zoroark are you talking about using the ability to pull him up to the front, then retreat into whatever you want? If so, yes you can! Its a combo that people have used quite often, similar to Keldeo EX back in the BW era.
Aww thank you for correcting my ignorance. And yes about the Zoroark.

Doesn't Ninja Boy only work with Basic Pokémon, though? Well, unless you have a Rare Candy and Charizard-GX in your hand...
Oh you are right...wouldn't work same turn bummer...I really want it to work. Probably will still build a gimmicky deck with it on PTCGO just to play around with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you are right...wouldn't work same turn bummer...I really want it to work. Probably will still build a gimmicky deck with it on PTCGO just to play around with.

Probably the best thing to do, see if you can get a couple of copies of it in the TCGO when Burning Shadows is released and toy around with a couple of ideas, see if anything sticks, will likely be easier to get the cards to test that way. (I say that, and it was an outright NIGHTMARE to get four Decidueye-GX on the TCGO myself XD)

I could see this card getting some play in a deck with, say, 4 switch, 4 Olympia, a Gardevoir GX to get those cards back, and maybe some free retreat basics too. Hyped about this card.

I generally look forward to full art bird Pokemon but I feel the new full art style does them justice if this is what they done with Ho-Oh.

I (still) have a question. Would it be accurate to say that the western packs are actually an amalgamation of 3 boosters instead of 2 nowadays?

Um, I don't think you'll have an easy time getting more than 2 burning energy on him, keeping them on him (enhanced hammer), and not still have to discard energy
I definitely agree with you. It's not easy by any means. It's stupid. But frankly, no one I play in my local card shop in St.Augustine plays competitive decks other than Vespiquen, so I don't really run into the trouble of having my energies removed 24/7. Either way I just want to do it because it's ridiculous.

Great supporter. Lysandre and Switch combined in one card. Works well in several decks and is a welcome replacement for Lysandre.

Well, the hair tells the story here. Not quite as crazy as Lysandre, so he has to have a function similar to him. The best pairing will be Switch then Guzma. Or Lycanroc GX (GRI) then Guzma.

Well, the hair tells the story here. Not quite as crazy as Lysandre, so he has to have a function similar to him. The best pairing will be Switch then Guzma. Or Lycanroc GX (GRI) then Guzma.

Guzma lets you choose the defender and whome to switch into. The switch effect is benefitial for some decks such as Water Box and Golisopod GX. Guzma looks like a better version of Lysandre if there is a free retreater such as Tapu Koko on the own bench.

After many formats of Lysandre and Pokemon Catcher, I think that Guzma is a good balance. Lysandre was able to swing games drastically at times because of its single dragging factor. Guzma just means that you, as a player, have to play smarter and be able to switch into what you need.

I use an Eeveelution deck that focuses on Umbreon Strafing a Wobbuffet to active. This thing is a godsend to that deck.

Guzma is pretty much Escape Rope with two differences:

It's a supporter
And it allows you to choose the Pokemon your opponent switches their active with.

Back