Alola Rattata and Munchlax with Snorlium-Z Included in Nintendo Direct News!

Dark rattata was in a previous leak, along with a water-type arcanine...Blue foo dog confirmed? Please be confirmed, please be confirmed!

[...]
  • If only Ninetales and Sandslash get pre-evolutions and some Alolan Pokemon don't, that wouldn't make sense.
  • In the case of Marowak, you can't have a Ground type suddenly evolve into a Ghost/Fire type because you would have huge move set issues.
  • And with Rattata, it is similar to Ninetales and Sandslash in that we know it evolves but we only know that because of the information Nintendo had released but they haven't officially revealed Raticate. This is proof that they don't have to reveal an entire Alolan evolution line.
  • Another problem is that they showed the original Pokemon (Pikachu and Cubone) evolving bu then cut to their Alolan formes. If normal Pokemon can evolve into an Alolan forme Pokemon, then why not leave that two seconds footage in the video? Because they can't. If they could, there would be no point in cutting the evolution before it was complete and a normal Cubone could become an Alolan Marowak, which I've already said has serious typing issue.
[...]

Judging from this, you can say its normal for Nintendo no to show the entire evolution line but in the case of Alolan Pokemon, you can't just say they might not have pre-evolutions/evolutions, especially in the case of Pokemon like Marowak. Only time will tell which one of us are right but I'm willing to bet that there is Alolan Pikachu, Exeggcute, Cubone and Persian.

Ok, this is all I have a response to.

• Yes it would, as not every single one of them must adapt to every little thing. I mean, do you really expect a bunch of baby Cubone to become fire twirling killers or Exeggcute to become a bunch of big round brown coconuts because of their evolution adapting to their own needs? Vulpix and Sandshrew have them and their evolutions included because of the lore stating that they were introduced as Vulpix and Ninetales. With Marowak, Raichu, and Exeggutor, their lore mentions only them and not their pre-evolutions, so it's entirely possible they adapted for their own sole purposes that are not shared by their pre-evolutions such as protecting themselves and their young, surfing for some reason, or rising above stormy tides.
  • There's no problem with a Fire-type knowing some Ground and Rock-type moves.
  • I understand that, but that doesn't mean that the rest have a full Alolan line either.
  • The evolution animation clips we've seen of them spinning before evolving then the evolution coming down takes about 3-4 seconds so I doubt they'd wanna show several evolutions that probably last about 8-10 seconds each. I mean look at how long they are in past games. Would you really want a trailer with a bunch of those? And the point is to just show it off in battle, which is what people want to see. I mean, would you prefer to first see a pokemon by looking at it just sitting there idly rather than seeing it from all angles and battling? It's to build hype, not to be all proper and just show unedited gameplay. Also, that's not that bad of a typing issue. I mean, look at Eevee, Azurill, and Swablu. Their evolutions don't entirely match up with their type and learn plenty of moves they can't and vise versa. Is that a serious typing issue too?
Finally, how does Kalos reveals mean that I cannot say that there's a possibility that there wont be pre-evolutions. How does it confirm that the pre-evolutions will happen? I can guarantee that they wouldn't skip an evolution having an Alolan form, but a pre-evolution isn't necessarily instantly confirmed by the evolution.

My EVALUATIONS:

• Alolan Ratatta - I like it. Here's your Ratatta, Youngster Joey. These reminds me of the rats that we common seen in households.
  • Restricted Z-Moves - I Like it. It makes it more awesome, especially on Snorlax, hehehe. So many memes that I saw from it.

Dark rattata was in a previous leak, along with a water-type arcanine...Blue foo dog confirmed? Please be confirmed, please be confirmed!

Lots of people were predicting dark type rattata. This is because he looks like one and has several dark type moves in his moveset. Plus prior to Meowth no generation 1 pokemon was dark type.

Lots of people were predicting dark type rattata. This is because he looks like one and has several dark type moves in his moveset. Plus prior to Meowth no generation 1 pokemon was dark type.
But this is the same leak that showed an image of Mallow before Mallow was revealed. It's got more going for it than just the rattata. I just want my blue dog. :(

But this is the same leak that showed an image of Mallow before Mallow was revealed. It's got more going for it than just the rattata. I just want my blue dog. :(
Nope, that's two different leaks! The leak with Mallow is a leak on it's own, while the leak with Rattata in it is from another leak. The leaks are clarifired here :)

Rattata has now finally ascended beyond top percentage by balancing Kanto's unfairly broken Type chart.

Congratulations, Joey. Your legacy is forever immortal and shall live on everyone's hearts for many, many years to come!

Snorlax's Z-Move is hilarious, but it's also kind of terrifying on what it can do when it finally wakes up for once this time around. Will definitely be raising that Munchlax once I get my hands on the game.

I agree, this doesn't really legitimize all the leaks that mention Alolan Rattata. As soon as Yungoos' backstory and Alolan forms were revealed, many saw a new form for Rattata coming, since that mirrors what actually happened in Hawaii. Those leaks could have just been adopting speculation or info from previous leaks.

Back