Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, no problem! Would you like to spectate instead?

Definitely! And of course, I'd love to play (and win) again, but I don't think I can guarantee that I wouldn't drop later on, and I wouldn't want to do that.

I would have liked to join but unfortunately, my free time is already reserved for the proper management of WWXXX.

However, being a spectator should be manageable, so if Her Highness Queen Athena allows it, a seat there would be much appreciated. :)

I'm going to leave this open just to see if there's any further interest. If there's no more sign-ups in the next ~20h or so, I'll go ahead and post up the first challenge tomorrow.

So, this is your official last chance to sign-up! If you're reading this and sitting on the fence, that is. :p

The menacing spies of the Violet District have infiltrated the Queen of Challesia's secret store of chocolate truffles and overheard some information! That's right folks, we have a leak!

[9:52:26 PM] Athena: yeah, you guys will have fun making characters [like in Dungeons & Dragonites] all over again for the Challenge anyway :UU
[9:52:54 PM] Athena: (I do kind of find the timing of TGK's game hlarious in that fashion, since my Challenge theme also takes a lot of D&D inspiration)

I cant participate this time around but if you need help Im sure i can help! Also I would love to be added to the spectator QT! :D

xY5XMFb.png

Having finalized your decision to enter into the Challenge and made all necessary arrangements, you make your way through the downtown district to the castle gates where sign-ups are located. Immediately, you are somewhat dismayed as the line is approximately *rolls d20* 50 meters long already, but you make a really nice roll on your bluff check and manage to convince one rather large woman that a scrap of paper you had in your pocket was really a Fast Pass and you successfully cut in front of her, shortening your waiting time significantly.

A few minutes later, you're finally at the gate. "Next!"

You put on a winning smile. "Hello there, my fine lady, I'd like to--"

"Form please," the receptionist says, cutting you off mid-flatter.

"Form? I'm afraid I don't..."

She sighs and points to a stack of papers next to her on the table. "You fill out the form, then you go through a physical. Didn't you read the fine print? Only the Top 16 get in to the Challenge itself." She pauses to look you up and down and shrugs. "I don't think I'd bet on you to place, but stranger things have happened. Now grab a quill and get writing. My lunch break is in 5."

You quickly grab one of the provided quills and fill out the form, hoping you're good enough to make it in.

Prologue Challenge
Character Creation

Like many role-playing games, whether video or pen-and-paper, we'll be starting off by creating a character to fit into the world. While The Challenge is not a role-playing game, and role-playing is not a part of any of the challenges that you will be taking part in, your character's chosen details will play a role in other aspects throughout the entirety of the game. Your character's appearance, class, etc. will also impact how they will be portrayed in the flavour parts of the various challenges.

Instructions:
  1. Read this post in its entirety to make sure you understand everything, and feel free to ask questions if there's something you don't understand. This is mostly aimed at the newbies, but old folks should make sure to brush up on their reading comprehension too. Failure to abide by the instructions and rules of the challenge may end up penalizing you.
  2. Before you create your full character sheet, please select your Class first and post your chosen Class in this thread. There is a limit of no more than 3 Players per Class, so posting your class in the thread ensures that everyone can fit within that limit without having to recreate a character.
  3. Read the Character Creation Details section so you know what all parts of the Character Sheet are for and what they require. There is a reference character sheet of Queen Athena as an aid as well. Some sections have specific rules, so make sure you understand everything.
  4. Use the code form Character Sheet at the very bottom of this post to create your full character. Make sure that all the BBCode stays in place so that the Character Sheet is formatted properly.
  5. When your Character Sheet is finished, please PM it to me with the PM Title "The Challenge 7 Character Sheet". Do not post your full Character Sheet in thread.
  6. General questions can be asked in thread. Personal questions that deal with your specific character and that may be considered spoilers can be asked over PM/Skype instead, if you prefer.
  7. The deadline for all Character Sheet submissions is Saturday, December 12th at 5pm Central European Time. That is the same as 4pm GMT, 11am Eastern US time, 8am Pacific US time, or approximately the same time as this post in your own time zone. If all submissions are sent in early, the challenge may end sooner, but only if all players have submitted early
  8. Spectators are also welcome to create a character if they choose, just for fun. Said characters are not subject to the same Class restrictions as the players, and can just be posted in this thread.
  9. This is NOT an elimination challenge. All 16 players will continue on, unless they fail to submit on time.

Character Creation Details:

Name: Should be obvious, I hope.
Race: Your character's race/species. Please choose one of the following: Human, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Cat Person.
Class: Your character's chosen class. No more than 3 players are allowed to share the same class. Details for all classes can be found in the spoiler below:

There are a total of 12 available Classes in 4 different categories. Different classes have strengths (+) and weaknesses (-) in various stats. Keep in mind for your Stats that our character's strength (+) Stats must be at least 12.

Melee Classes:
Mercenary (+Str/+Dex/-Cha) - A basic fighter for hire, skilled with many weapons.
Ranger (+Dex/+Con/-Cha) - Rural archers that prefers nature over civilization.
Soldier (+Str/+Con/-Res) - A young, basic recruit in the Queen's Army.

Mounted Classes:
Social Knight (+Str/+Cha/-Mag) - A mounted officer in the Queen's Army.
Holy Knight (+Str/+Res/-Cha) - A religious knight on horseback, fighting for the gods.
Armor Knight (+Str/+Con/-Dex) - A well-protected knight with an armored horse.

Magic Classes:
Priest/Priestess (+Mag/+Res/-Con) - An individual that has given their life to serve Challesia's religion.
Sorcerer/Sorceress (+Mag/+Int/-Str) - A mage that has studied the ways of magic.
Oracle - (+Mag/+Cha/-Str) - A practitioner that focuses on potion-making and fortune-telling.

Support Classes:
Bard/Dancer (+Dex/+Cha/-Str) - Someone who aids their fellow men with music and dancing.
Rogue (+Dex/+Int/-Con) - A crafty individual who makes money by stealing and spying.
Merchant (+Dex/+Int/-Mag) - Someone who dedicates their life to the making of money.

Stats: Each character has 7 stats that showcase your characters strengths and weaknesses. The higher the number, the better the stat. Assign 1 number to each Stat out of the following: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18. Remember that your Class's strength (+) stats must be at least 12.

Strength (Str): Your character's physical prowess with a weapon
Magic (Mag): Your character's skill with magic
Dexterity (Dex): Your character's ability to hit with attacks and dodge attacks against them
Intelligence (Int): How smart your character is
Constitution (Con): Your character's ability to take physical damage
Resistance (Res): Your character's ability to take magical damage
Charisma (Cha): Your character's general likability and easy of dealing with other people

Physical Description: What does your character look like? Please describe them for us. Images of any kind are not allowed; you must describe with your words. Please be brief; no more than 100 words may be used.

Background: What is your character's personal history? How did they end up in their Class? Why did they decide to join the challenge? Please be brief; no more than 250 words may be used.

Weapon: Your character's main weapon. Pick something appropriate to your class! Fighting classes will likely want physical weapons of some sort. Magic classes may have a particular staff or tome they prefer. Every character needs to have some kind of weapon; even a priestess needs to defend herself against bandits! Feel free to be creative, as this is mostly for fun and flavour, but don't make anything overpowered or it's not fun. Please be brief; no more than 100 words may be used.

Character Benefits: Name 3 things your character is good at or that give them some kind of advantage in life. Make sure to keep your stats in mind. Please be brief; no more than 200 words may be used.

Character Flaws: Name 3 things your character is terrible at or things that give them some kind of disadvantage in life. Make sure to keep your stats in mind. Please be brief; no more than 200 words may be used.

Sample Character:

Name: Queen Athena VIII
Race: Human
Class: Queen (custom NPC class)
Stats:
Strength (Str): 8
Magic (Mag): 10
Dexterity (Dex): 14
Intelligence (Int): 16
Constitution (Con): 12
Resistance (Res): 13
Charisma (Cha): 18
Physical Description: Queen Athena is a woman in young middle-age with blond hair and bright shining blue eyes. She often dresses in robes of gold and aqua to accentuate her eyes, and in public she is rarely seen without the elaborate royal crown perched atop her head.
Background: Queen Athena is the eldest daughter of the previous King Stephen XII and his wife, the Consort Queen Diana Rose. As the eldest child, she was raised to take the throne from a young age. Her coronation was held on her 31st birthday. She has a husband and two children.
Weapon: Queen Athena's ceremonial weapon is a magic-blessed crystal sword that has been passed down through her family for many generations. Although she has yet to use it in battle, it is said that the blade can pierce through any armor.
Character Benefits: Queen Athena obviously had a very fortunate upbringing as part of the top noble house of Challesia. She received a very detailed education from a team of tutors, and has always been well-fed with appropriate medical care. She is also a very personable and diplomatic woman, easily commanding the attention and respect of others.
Character Flaws: Athena's upbringing was sadly very sheltered, and although she is rather intelligent, she knows little of the practical world beyond the castle walls, and has never set foot outside the castle city. She spends so much of her time talking, reading, and ruling that her body is somewhat weak and she is very reliant on her guards to protect her. She's also an incredibly picky eater.

Character Sheet for Submission:

Now it's your turn! Here's a formatted Character Sheet for you to copy-paste and fill out in your PM to me. Make sure to post your chosen Class in thread first thing!

[U][B]Name:[/B][/U]
[U][B]Gender:[/B][/U]
[U][B]Race:[/B][/U]
[U][B]Class:[/B][/U]
[U][B]Stats:[/B][/U]
[B]Strength [/B](Str):
[B]Magic [/B](Mag):
[B]Dexterity [/B](Dex):
[B]Intelligence [/B](Int):
[B]Constitution [/B](Con):
[B]Resistance [/B](Res):
[B]Charisma [/B](Cha):
[U][B]Physical Description:[/B][/U]
[U][B]Background:[/B][/U]
[U][B]Weapon:[/B][/U]
[U][B]Character Benefits:[/B][/U]
[U][B]Character Flaws:[/B][/U]

Good luck and have fun!

Chosen Classes:

simsands - Armor Knight
TGK - Sorcerer (received)
Yeowie - Ranger (received)
BV - Sorcerer (received)
BB - Sorcerer
Keeper - Rogue (received)
Green - Mercenary (received)
Mr.Muffin - Bard (received)
Vracken - Priestess (received)
Vom - Holy Knight (received)
Celever - Soldier
mordacazir - Holy Knight (received)
Luis - Oracle
Skyleaf - Priest
Jabberwock - Oracle (received)
Cypher - Holy Knight (received)

Sorcerers are full! Holy Knights are full!

Last edited:
@bbninjas @Celever @thegrovylekid @Keeper of Night @Yeowie @Vom @Luispipe8 @Brave Vesperia @Mr.Muffin @Green778 @Vracken @Jabberwock @Cypher333 @simsands @mordacazir @Skyleaf2000

I'm a bit late with tagging because it took me a bit longer to get the post finished to go up in time and I was in a bit of a rush to get it up before taking care of some personal things. I know that mass tags don't always work, too, I'm just putting everyone in in hopes that it will notify at least some people.

If you haven't already, I would strongly recommend using the Watch Thread feature to follow along with this thread and learn when there are new developments. You can do this at the top right side of the thread, next to the Thread Tools dropdown and below the FG Rules note.

In the meantime, I want to let everyone know that I'll be keeping a running tally of which Classes people have claimed in the Prologue post. :) That way you won't have to go running through the thread to see what's taken If I've "liked" your post, that means I've seen it and will be adding it to the list soon.

I'm going with mercenary... :p Since Sorcerer filled up faster than I thought... (Had I known that I only had to post here instead of creating the form first...) I'll Pm the form soon...

I will be a team player, and pick Bard. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back