'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

The affect doesn't specify Active Pokemon only, so you can keep it on the bench and it ignores half the energy removal Abilities/Trainers.

The effect applies only when the card is being discarded from the active.

"If this card is discarded by an effect of an attack of the [R] Pokemon this card is attached to, reattach this card to that Pokemon from your discard pile."

Meaning if I were to use Camerupt EX's Explosive jet attack but had Burning Energy attached to one of my benched Fire Pokemon and used it as cost for damage, Burning Energy would not reattach to any f my Pokemon. If Burning Energy was attached to my active Camerupt EX, then its effects would kick off and be reattached to Camerupt EX.

The affect doesn't specify Active Pokemon only, so you can keep it on the bench and it ignores half the energy removal Abilities/Trainers.

Actually, it explicitly says that it can be brought back from the discard pile if it was removed from play as the effect of the attack of the Pokemon that that energy was attached to, so Camerupt EX would have to discard only burning energies attached to itself.

This'll work with any Stage 1 Pokemon with AOR Flareon, so that's really neat.

The only Fire-type Megas we haven't seen yet are Blaziken and Houndoom so I'm anticipating one of the two here.

Or Charizard again because we all know how much they love Charizard.

Don't forget that there already is a mega blaziken promo in japan and we are getting the mega blazon collection box in english this November. So that leaves just houndoom.
I hope it's houndoom because it would be terrible to get mega camerupt right now.
Especially with such a lackluster mega like glalie in blue impact. They need to make and epic fire type mega like mega houndoom because he's just one awesome poke!!

This pretty much has "Mega Houndoom EX confirmed" written all over it. Sure we don't have Mega Camerupt yet, but we could easily have a Mega Camerupt box or something at a later point, same with Sharpedo.

Though we can also expect the blue set to have the special Water energy given that Mega Glalie is there and the special energy have corresponded to a mega in the same set with that type.

Makes me think that water special is going to be deluge energy or something. Attach to a water pokemon and it doesn't count as an energy for the turn.

Hmmm, on paper this sounds like a massive Camerupt buff, but in that deck you want to spend your attachments on DCEs in order to have a Camerupt waiting on the bench for when yours gets knocked out.

Maybe if you got a free turn, you could drop it on a Magma Camerupt instead and just have a constantly renewing resource.

Really good effect :) Now we only need one for water and we're done!

I really like the new "Special energies" they're really fun for the game... If only enhanced hammer didn't ruin them...

It being Special obviously has its downsides, until we get some Trainer card to retrieve Special energy from the discard (I hope we never do), but I can see some Fire decks definitely benefiting from this.

It's at least a lot more useful (and a lot more unique) than Dangerous Energy and Flash Energy. :p

They will make some Fire Pokemon that can utilize this, no doubt. Unlike the other special energy, this is not useful on all Pokemon of it's type. It requires a specific type of attack to be useful.

The speculation we wouldn't be getting this was wrong. A special water to complete the set is extremely likely now (either in this set or the next).

There really is no good fire pokemon to use burn energy on from XY on save maybe Camerupt EX. It must mean that this set will have a few.

It also makes me wonder if Togekiss EX and Emboar EX are going to be in this set as it doesn't look like we are going to get an English version of Emboar EX vs Togekiss EX.If I am reading bulbapedia correct that is a Japanese exclusive.

Last edited:
I don't understand why we got Rainbow energy instead of a Special Water, if the Special Fire was being printed here. Only thing I can think of is December's set will be heavy on the Water 'mons.

this could be nice with blaziken, you'd only have to discard 1 energy for 150 on anything

Back