Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

Man, I wish these days we would talk about the viability of using a stage 1 rather than the artwork
No psychic research :(

Anyways, how is it so hard for you guys to remember this is still an XY set? I believe kirlia is in reflection cave.

These are all the cards I can think of that can get special energy out of the discard.
  • Bunnelby PRC
  • Milotic PRC
  • Durant DRX (expanded)
  • Thundurus EX PLF (expanded)
  • Dialga EX PLB (expanded)
  • Phione LTR (expanded)
  • Recycle (expanded)
  • Shadow Triad (expanded) (Plasma Energy only)
  • Lysandre's Trump Card (banned)

Anyways, how is it so hard for you guys to remember this is still an XY set? I believe kirlia is in reflection cave.

Most were making jokes because they could. ;) In my case though, I haven't been able to afford the games (or a system to play them on) in several years and even if I could I'm not sure I would. You ever seen me rant about what is wrong in the TCG? I take it to "11" when I tear into the video games. XD

Artwork is beautiful, card itself is poor. If Break Evolution is what we think it is and it's retroactive this may see play, otherwise no

I think it's decent at best. It's ability isn't as useful as other stage 2's such as Magnezone and Empoleon. Healing isn't a huge advantage in this format because it's basically a OHKO format now with decks like Raichu/Ninetales and Primal Groudon. Also, it has a two retreat cost which makes it Lysandre bait. But, in Expanded this could see some play with Reuniclus DRX to move damage then heal it. But even that relies on two stage 2's which is really slow and inconsistent. And it's attack doesen't help it at all. It's too many energies for a 50 snipe. Too bad, the art shown earlier and the art on the card makes it look great.

Nice to finally get a larger shot of that Gardevoir art on the box! :D Definitely very beautiful.

I don't think it is, I think it's just the lighting. The chest spike isn't Orange enough

Strange choice. Then again the AT Golurk is silver but the rest of it doesn't match the shiny. Don't suppose they're by the same artist who just didn't get the colour sheet haha.

Love the artwork. The card itself is alright at best though. The ability could help against Bats, but that is about it. Even so, it's a shame it's on a stage 2...

Back