Samurott from Black & White (#32) [5/9]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

32-samurott.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. Analyze the stats of the card (HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat cost).
2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, Abilities) of the card.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. What techs can you use to combat the weak points?
5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

HP is great at 140, Weakness is bad with Zekrom out, no resistance and a bad retreat.

2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies) of the card.
It's ability is great. It's just like donphan's body -20 damage from attacks. It's attack is great 70+ as many water energy you have which works well with feraligatr prime.

It'd be an amazing combo with feraligatr prime. Attach as many energy as you want in 1 turn and attack for an incredible amount of damage

Maybe donphan; low energy cost for high damage. All it needs is a couple rainbow energy

5. How's the artwork?
I like it but it's not amazing. 3/5

6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
3/5 good card that could work well in the metagame, if it only wasnt for the amount of zekrom predicted to be played in the future.

Great HP. A weakness that shouldn't be a problem next format, with the exception of Zekrom (which is bad). No Resist is a shame, as is the fairly large retreat cosr.
The attack is surprisingly good. 80 with a DCE and a Water is pretty good, and there's no shame in attaching extra energy for more damage on a card this bulky. Seriously, another Exoskeleton is legit.
Meh, just straight Samurott is good enough. It's slow, too, so pairing it with other things would be dumb. Except the other Samurott for some quick attacking.
Meh, it's main problem is Steelix, which can be dealt with using Lunatone and Solrock. Also run Judge to outspeed decks that would outspeed you.
5. How's the artwork?
Ok, but the pose is so static.
4/5. This card is a force to be reckoned with in HGSS-on, since it is a great counter to Donphan, which WILL be BDIF. Look out for it.

On first look, 140hp, 2x weakness against electric can be bad, no resistance, retreat cost of 2 ain't too bad, its possible that you might still find retreating worthwhile in some situations.

Excellent Poke-Ability, -20 damage means this card is a real survivor unless it's up against really heavy hitters or electric type, should survive more than 2 attacks against most cards with it's 140hp. The attack is just really really good, 3 water energies and you're hitting 100 with no drawbacks, this card has great potential.

Off the top of my head, Defender. Imagine a 40 damage buffer! This card will take some beating.

Doesn't really have a weak point apart from its weakness. Fighting types can be good with a deck playing Samurott I guess.

5. How's the artwork?
I like it, it's simple, but it's definitely not the best Samurott artwork I've seen. 3.5/5

5/5 because I just like this card very much, I've always liked cards which can deal high damage every turn with no significant drawbacks. This card can be the staple of a competitive deck with the simple strategy of consistently doing high damage whilst keeping Samurott alive, which is easy considering it's hp and ability.

140HP is awesome for a Stage 2 for the HGSS-on format. Is a HUGE threat to Donphan Prime. HUGE. especially since it has the same ability as it. The weakness is standard. The retreat will make Samurott very playable.

Excellent Ability, -20 damage done to it at all times? Yes please!! It wont survive against Magnezone or Zekrom all that well, but it can take a few hits from just about anything else in the HGSS-on format. Krookodile and Donphan have much to fear with that attack. It's basically Tangrowth from COL. Hydro pump has the same writing as Grind. The only difference is it has to be {W} Energy. Combined with Feraligatr...ohh god don't get me started.

Defender, +power, Feraligatr Prime, Magnezone (for draw power). Throwing down all those Energy just screams meta game with Samurott. It will probably be a tier 3 or tier 2 deck.

His only problems are as I stated. Magnezone and Zekrom. Maybe run a 1-1 Donphan tech? Some fighting type anyway. But if he sets up fast enough, he wont need it.

5. How's the artwork?
I love it. He looks so menacing, even in a 3d form. That horn is one thing to stay away from :p

5/5. Like I said, it will probably be a tier 3 or tier 2 deck. This will not only serve as a Reshiboar/phlosion counter, but also as a Donphan counter. Two big decks for the next format.

HP is good but it can be a bit beter...weakness is not to bad...cost is feir

Atack is good but bad...can ues a second atack...

no not with only one atack...thinking about it

can be good on Fire types but crap on Eletric types

5. How's the artwork?
The artwork is cool i like the shiny parts of this card but not too good on detale 4/5

6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating.
Its a good card i like that pokemon but it can ues improvments so i give it a 3/5

1. High HP, bad against Zekroms{L} good against Reshrom's{R}. NO RESISTANCE!!! THAT'S HORRIBLE!!! Two retreat is O.K.{C}{C}

Samurott i think will be a comptitive against low hp decks (like jumpluff) and weakness (like donphan) and a good surprise. For a non prime has resonable HP at 140, Weakness to heavy hitting electric decks (like Zekrom), Risistance water pokemon unless have an alternate type have never had resistance so no surprise there, retreat cost is reasonable {C}{C} and can be solved with dodrio (ul/ud) or energy recovery.
The ability will make or break this card wheter it lives or dies, -20 to any attack to Samurott. Hydro Pump can be wicked if comibined with Feraligatr and good energy retrieval decks whenever one gets KO'd.
Feraligatr Prime for of course {W} energy drop, some form of strong draw power/getting basics out, combine with Donphan for weakness or something like Donphan, the only thing with this deck i see will be the downfall is speed, like any other Stage 2 heavy deck speed is of the essence and will make or break the deck.
Speed and Stage 2 heavy, and to other quickly rising {L} decks like Zekrom.
5. How's the artwork?
3.5-4/5 as the artwork is all right, but is missing something
3.5-4/5 as the speed is of the essence and weakness will be sought after with Lanturn Prime/Zekrom, but not bad of a deck surely brings the surprise (when i look at this deck i see Blast/Catty similarity)

Back