Gas Prices Expected to Spike to $3...

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
What's worse? Being in a Recession, having to pay for high gas, or both? Well apparently Gas is climbing back up to $3 a gallon much like how it was in 2008. Hopefully it won't last for long but who knows...

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/gasoline-3-by-christmas-worse-in-spring/19750651/

I was expecting this :/
According to the article, Gas prices will stay at around $3 until after Christmas, go back down, and then surge once again in the Spring time for a little while. Interesting... O_O

Edit: Yeah, like Scizorliscious said, it's not all that surprising due to even higher demand from travel. Then again, it's still a nuisance in the midst of these economic troubles.

Well, gas prices tend to rise around Christmas and Spring, because that's when people are traveling. Higher demand=Higher prices.

Sorry to sound critical, but how is this news? Gas prices are already near three bucks a gallon where I live, so it won't be too long until they're over that again. And if it stays that way, there's not much anyone can do about it...

Well...this sucks. Looks like I won't be getting no Xbox for Christmas if all my parents money goes to gas. D: Well, at least we enjoyed the semi-low prices while they lasted. I still don't understand why today's scientists can't make cars/factories/etc. run on CO2, kind of like photosynthesis. I mean, if nature can do it, then why can't our cars run on it? And I thought we said we came a long way in science. 0_o

Thankfully my family is just staying home for Christmas like we have been for a while, so I guess this isn't really affecting my family. Also all I really want for Christmas are cheap Black and White collectibles, some Pokemon games I don't have, and a Ipod Nano, so it won't be affecting me pretty much at all.

JacobeTheElf said:
I still don't understand why today's scientists can't make cars/factories/etc. run on CO2, kind of like photosynthesis. I mean, if nature can do it, then why can't our cars run on it? And I thought we said we came a long way in science. 0_o

The problem is that the Oil Companies such as OPEC are trying to undermine companies with alternatives for fuel like electric batteries and whatnot in order to stay in business so that they don't lose any money. In other words this is a case of corporate greed.

Another reason why Gas prices are going up is because the U.S. Stock Market is recovering from the Recession that we're in. The Economy as it pertains to Middle Class Citizens are still in the toilet, however rich people feel comfortable buying stock again.

(off topic)^I hope this doesn't offend you, but that made no sense to me whatsoever. Economics is harder to understand than politics for me. Which is partly why we are still in the recession. If we want to get out of it, schools would drop social studies and English and teach business, economics, politics, and math. (all subjects I hate I must add) if we do this, our generation would come up with Einsteins of economics and people could solve this. As said before, I have no clue about economics or politics, and either do most of the kids in America. This means the recession has to be solved now, or else my generation will dig us deeper in the hole. And don't get me wrong, I love social studies. But we need people to grasp the idea that we need to inform people how to solve this recession. Otherwise we will never get out of the hole. And here is how I see it: the US got out of the recession last time because of WWII. We supplied supplies and stuff, which got us out. Which means, the three possible solutions I have are:

A: here we get out of the recession in world war 3. But of course with today's weapons, we'd literally destroy the world.

B: China gets POed because we owe so much money we get in a huge fight with them, lose billions of dollars in war funds, and start wwiii

C: or we could teach economics and get out of the hole before this happens. Btw, wwiii WILL happen (as much as I am against it) but with terroist groups all over the world, superpower countries will fight to stop them.

As you can see choice b makes things worse, a helps us by supplying supplies, but the world gets destroyed, or c where nobody gets killed or I jured. Just a bunch of kids being tortured by boring lectures on politics.

Sucks. But at least it gives me another reason to love my new(er) car--it only takes around $25 on average to fill it up. Needless to say, that wouldn't have flown with the Oldsmobile I used to drive.

But that thing was seriously ancient :p

In this economy I guess one could have predicted this.Our standard is around 6-7 gallons which is around $18-$21.In Los Vegas it is worse.Like I have seen gas prices nearly $5.But truly around $4.76 per gallon.:(

JacobeTheElf said:
(off topic)^I hope this doesn't offend you, but that made no sense to me whatsoever. Economics is harder to understand than politics for me. Which is partly why we are still in the recession. If we want to get out of it, schools would drop social studies and English and teach business, economics, politics, and math. (all subjects I hate I must add) if we do this, our generation would come up with Einsteins of economics and people could solve this. As said before, I have no clue about economics or politics, and either do most of the kids in America. This means the recession has to be solved now, or else my generation will dig us deeper in the hole. And don't get me wrong, I love social studies. But we need people to grasp the idea that we need to inform people how to solve this recession. Otherwise we will never get out of the hole. And here is how I see it: the US got out of the recession last time because of WWII. We supplied supplies and stuff, which got us out. Which means, the three possible solutions I have are:

A: here we get out of the recession in world war 3. But of course with today's weapons, we'd literally destroy the world.

B: China gets POed because we owe so much money we get in a huge fight with them, lose billions of dollars in war funds, and start wwiii

C: or we could teach economics and get out of the hole before this happens. Btw, wwiii WILL happen (as much as I am against it) but with terroist groups all over the world, superpower countries will fight to stop them.

You're only 14. I'm sure you will get some economics and politics in a few years (at least I hope so). Anyway, teaching this generation economy won't solve the recession. I'm not sure if there is even a way to solve it. Well here follows a lesson; the US is already bankrupted. Well technically not yet, but with the billions of debts to China every month it won't take long and it really is bankrupted.

The terrorists won't be the cause of a 3rd worldwar either. I will explain.

Hopefully you are all aware of the continent of Africa. Beautiful how it may be, it has never been anything, neither it is now, nor it will be in the future. I hope you are aware of all the problems Africa has to deal with (AIDS, starvation etc). Yet there is a lot of money in Africa, well it's still burried under the surface; fuels and raw materials. China isn't that stupid either and it trades medicines for mines simply by saying; ''Hey, you're country is in trouble, we can help you, but in order to get these medicines we want that mine''. And there we go, China owns about 95% of all the mines in Africa, Africa is basically in the hands of China. (Not that sending medicines to Africa will help that much, the younger children will be saved from death to die of starvation a few years later).

Now once all the fuels will be gone, which won't take that long. The only country that still has fuels is China. China will sell it, but the prices will be immense high, recession will be even greater than before.

Of course, there is only one solution, and I can see it already happen. Another world war. With war going on a lot of money is spent and therefor the economy is blooming. And since there is no religion to fight about, they will fight about other things, such as fuel in this case.

What location is it spiking to $3 in? Over here it's been about $3.25 for a couple weeks and has been over $3 for a while.

Most of the gas stations where I live are just a little bit over $3.00. Gas prices will just keep going up and down over the course of a year.

Then prices are pretty low in the UK right now. Estimated to go to £1.50 from £1.18 at most places, and that is lower than the current exchange rates.

ZOMG, a whole $3? I remember when it was 5! It's not like gas prices always go up around the Holiday season and summer, that's just ridiculous.

Good god that's old news already. Here in the South FL its already over $3 in some place and around $2.96 at the low end. But ya, my limit on gifts this year is $20. All i can afford. I hate being a poor college kid.

Did you know that, around every December through Febuary, the amount of snow spikes in comparison to all the other months?

@ Chiraami, Thats per litre in the UK, they are talking about a gallon which I believe is 4 litres or something of the sort. So thats about $0.75 per litre or around 45p. Then again I could be completely wrong as I was never good with conversion rates :D

Posted by Setzer (Harry) - Today 01:33 PM
Did you know that, around every December through Febuary, the amount of snow spikes in comparison to all the other months?

No, you lie. That's a lie. Where is you facts for this lol.

Back