JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Raticate and Tauros were revealed from Pokemon Card 151! As noted before, the set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Raticate – Colorless – HP70
Stage 1 – Evolves from Rattata
[C][C] Second Bite: This attack does 30 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokémon.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 0

Tauros – Colorless  – HP120
Basic Pokémon
[C] Gather the Crew: Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C] Rage: 30+ damage. This attack...

Continue reading...

TheNidoKing

Aspiring Trainer
I actually like this raticate, but it’s hp is too low :/
It’s perfect for Level Ball and Rescue Carrier but I think it’ll find its niche in Zoroark Box or colorless GLC.

Interestingly enough it has the same stack as SV1 Dedenne, so I wonder what Rattata will do.o

Reactions: Bid

RogueMike95

Aspiring Trainer
Some Zoroark Box decks in Japan have been experimenting with Reversal Energy and Crown Zenith Electivire already. Raticate wouldn’t be that bad of an add-on to that idea.

Still isn’t anything stellar of a deck, but it’s something I guess.

RogueMike95

Aspiring Trainer
Jynx is worth Two prize cards. If you play like my friends. With no rule box cards, Jynx can't be used
ThatUnlimitedProf is probably referring to SIT Jynx, who had a similar effect to Raticate as 10+10 per damage counter as a basic, and how that doesn’t/hasn’t really done much of anything.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
oh yessssss he/she will! been waiting for a dmg-based attack
This Raticate's male. (Raticate has gender differences, the female's whiskers are shorter than the male's.) In fact, looking into it, every Kantonian Raticate the TCG has had is male. (Maybe barring Gen 3 and earlier ones, since they pre-date gender differences.) Which isn't surprising, male Raticate's the "default" design.

Not sure why I went this in-depth about Raticate's facial hair. Guess I'm just bored. I was also bored enough to look into the others in this set with fairly easy to tell gender differences. Funnily enough, two of them (Venusaur and Dodrio) don't actually seem to show the part with the gender difference at all, lol. (Venusaur's flower goes out of frame, and as far as I can see, Dodrio's necks aren't visible in its art.) Pikachu and Raichu are male, though.

Of course, all this assumes the artists are even aware of the gender differences, which I'd imagine is often not the case beyond the extreme ones (like Hippowdon, Unfezant or Meowstic.)

...Geez, I spent like half an hour+ on this.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Tauros - I would never talked about it. 2
Raticate - we've seen attacks like this on a Farfetch'd, and it was never turns out to be good. Why do we expect the same way on a 70 HP Pokemon? 3-4