Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
You didn’t really think the anime would ditch Pokemon’s mascot, did you?
TPCi has revealed the upcoming Pokemon anime series will feature Friede, a “battling Pokemon Professor,” and his partner Pokemon, Captain Pikachu. Friede is known for his skill in Pokemon battles. He will accompany Liko and Roy on their adventures around the Pokemon world.

Friede-200x200.jpg

Friede-Character-Sheet-200x156.jpg

Captain-Pikachu-200x200.jpg

Captain-Pikachu-Character-Sheet-168x200.jpg

It was previously revealed that the female protagonist, Liko, is from Paldea and wears a mysterious pendant that features the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Monarch

Aspiring Trainer
They literally said:"Oh you know what let's bring Pikachu again because haha funny mouse equal money yaaaaay"

I'm starting to hate Pikachu
This is exactly how Creatures sees Zearora and Charizard
They see those Pokemon and decide to print more and more cards of them

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering how they will keep Pikachu around, was expecting something like Scrat from Ice Age, always there but rarely interacting with the main characters

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Not to be all like "new thing bad", but the new designs look a bit... generic? Like they're NPCs you could meet in the field, or player-generated characters that cannot have a defined personality. As much as Gou was a tacked-on shill for a mobile game, his interactions with Ash felt somewhat natural.

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
Anyone else think that this battling professor might be related to Lei, the son of Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet? Friede has the right skin color, and his hair is similar to Burnet's. And since both of his parents are professors, it only stands to reason that one of their kids might be too. And he's a ship captain, which would make sense if his parents were islanders!

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Don’t know what else you were expecting, Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise. They were obviously going to include it in some way. Pikachu is to Pokemon what Mickey Mouse is to Disney.
Yeah,but consider that Pikachu has been on screen for years now.Sometimes it's nice to change the things a bit and put new Pokémon.

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
They should have made the professor be traveling battling professor ash and just make him older and still have pikachu

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
>Friede, a skilled and knowledgeable Pokemon battler whose partner is a Pikachu
>Ash Ketchum, a skilled and knowledgeable Pokemon battler whose partner is a Pikachu
>theyrethesameimage.jpg

This is pretty disappointing to hear, I was kind of excited they were ditching Ash only to replace him with a character who may as well just be Ash. Also it's weird that both Liko and Roy have snowflake Macguffin items, but the biggest sin out of all of this is that Roy is from KANTOOOOOOOOOO

Paldea I understand, it's the current generation's region and it's obvious to make one of the reps from there. It's just disappointing that the other rep is from Kanto. After we just got rid of a main character from Kanto. And replaced him with essentially himself.

I think it would have been real neat to have Roy from some unnamed region (gen 10 region?) or maybe Unova for the inevitable BW remakes for their 15th anniversary in 2026, but honestly any region would have been more refreshing to see than Kanto.

Also, where the hell are Arbok and Weezing? Really hope they made the cut even though they aren't in the screenshot.

SenorChinocano

Aspiring Trainer
It's entirely possible to see Ash come back in the show as a Gym leader. So surreal to think you'd have to root for someone other than Ash in a battle.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Insane how many people are mad/confused about Pikachu being in this new series lolll it's literally the mascot of Pokemon??? I don't understand

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
>Friede, a skilled and knowledgeable Pokemon battler whose partner is a Pikachu
>Ash Ketchum, a skilled and knowledgeable Pokemon battler whose partner is a Pikachu
>theyrethesameimage.jpg

This is pretty disappointing to hear, I was kind of excited they were ditching Ash only to replace him with a character who may as well just be Ash. Also it's weird that both Liko and Roy have snowflake Macguffin items, but the biggest sin out of all of this is that Roy is from KANTOOOOOOOOOO

Paldea I understand, it's the current generation's region and it's obvious to make one of the reps from there. It's just disappointing that the other rep is from Kanto. After we just got rid of a main character from Kanto. And replaced him with essentially himself.

I think it would have been real neat to have Roy from some unnamed region (gen 10 region?) or maybe Unova for the inevitable BW remakes for their 15th anniversary in 2026, but honestly any region would have been more refreshing to see than Kanto.

Also, where the hell are Arbok and Weezing? Really hope they made the cut even though they aren't in the screenshot.
Let's add Cacturne, Chimecho and Dustox too.