Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Triplet Beat, the first Scarlet & Violet subset, has finally been revealed! We first discovered its trademark back in October.

sv1a_pkg-169x300.jpg

The set will release on March 10th. It will focus on Paldea’s Starter Pokemon and more new Pokemon from the region.
Illustration Rares will once again be featured in the set. Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly will each get their own.

Sprigatito-142x200.jpg

Fuecoco-145x200.jpg

Quaxly-144x200.jpg

Triplet Beat will probably become part of...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

creg22

Aspiring Trainer
The 2 Quaquaval have amazing synergy,

skeledirge is meh, on top of The first attack, oricorio, and rad tsareena how much healing and switch cards will you have to run in that deck.

meowscarada has the most potential of the 3, fantastic ability, colorless attack cost, im gonna try to fit it in my lilligant deck, but you put it in anything really. 2 retreat cost is way too steep though for a pokemon with such a high speed stat.

Last edited:

LightYearLiam

Sheeesh that tauros fire artwork
It's amazing, AKIRA EGAWA is spectacularly talented. Like usual, the artwork in this set is mighty fine. Even the exes look decent, despite the fact that 5ban Graphics did them.

Ohoho, Luminous Energy has a very clever way to keep Lugia from being overpowered. I feel a little bad for Regis, though.

Artazon Town seems powerful.

Reprinting Superior Energy Retrieval is interesting, I was just thinking of that card recently.

Too bad the starter exes are pretty boring except for Meowscarada. It's hard for me to envision them being viable considering they're Stage 2s, but hopefully I'll be surprised.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Clavell is just a worse Gloria in this format, really.
Well, is Gloria saw play? Nein, right. Same thing
Clavell - love this card. Seems an upgrade. 4
Dendra - my bet still on Brassius, even though we might get it on a Paradox Pokemon set. 3-4
Artazon - Pretty standard. Not surprising. 3
Luminous Energy - Multi Energy. When was the time Multi Energy saw some use? 3-4
Oricorio - Shaymin, Manaphy, Victini, *YAWN* 2
Paldean Tauros - completely bland and nothing special. 3
Quaxly/Quaxwell/Quaquaval ex - I wanna see how it works. Still doubtful on how Stage 2 exs work. Gardevoir ex ain't a Tier 1 deck atm in Japan, so that's an evidence. Gardevoir lack of strong Basic to make use of its ability, that's why. For Quaquaval, pretty much your generic V Promo card. 3/3/3-4
Fuecoco/Crocalor/Skeledirge ex - the necessity of full HP to do significant damage seems concerning, despite the fact that it's a Stage 2, and we STILL don't have convenient and essential ways to Turn 1 Stage 2s. 3/3/4
Sprigatito/Floragato/Meowscarada ex - ok. We've seen these attacks before. Nothing too exciting. 3/3/4

I really like the efficient attack costs on the final evos to balance out that they're stage 2 multiprizers.
Nah, until the likes of Rhyperior, Tyranitar, etc., who is known to have 4 energy cost, came as an ex. Baxcalibur is coming, and almost guaranteed gets an ex. Pretty sure we'll get a Stage 2 ex that is near impossible to be viable, due to having 4-energy attack cost.

Nah, until the likes of Rhyperior, Tyranitar, etc., who is known to have 4 energy cost, came as an ex. Baxcalibur is coming, and almost guaranteed gets an ex. Pretty sure we'll get a Stage 2 ex that is near impossible to be viable, due to having 4-energy attack cost.
Garganacl is another example came to mind. Stage 2 bulky Rock type. Guaranteed to have a card that has 4-energy attack cost.