“Triplet Beat” Set Officially Revealed for March!

You also have Leafeon V, which allows you to turbo an Energy into play on turn 1. It can also evolve into Leafeon VSTAR, but that card is less of an essential and more of a tech. It could be situationally useful if you want to play Boss/Serena and, say, Gardenia, on the same turn, but given the fact you need a way to search it out (and searching out Evolution Pokémon isn’t as cheap as it used to be when the best options require two hand discards or a 50% chance at searching out a basic instead), most players would opt to leave it out. (Of course, you can also search it out with Hisuian Lilligant VSTAR’s power.) One incentive to run a wider range of Gust effects is the possibility of pinging a benched Pokémon ex or V, then dragging it out and taking an easy two prizes. This would leave your opponent’s active Pokémon untouched and able to take a revenge KO, however. The irony is, given the size of these “stage 2 blimps” (as one Pokébeach member whose name I can’t remember most aptly named them), some opponents might respond to this strategy in like kind, gusting up a benched Hisuian Lilligant VSTAR or Leafeon V to take the same number of prizes on a more manageable target. Or perhaps they would ignore the two-prizers completely and target them evolving basics and stage 1’s.
I also realized you could use Cherrim to accelerate Energy onto a Floragato before evolving it into Meowscarada ex, but then you’re running another evolution line, and you still need to have the Energy in hand. I’m guessing Cherrim variants, if viable, could dispense with Leafeon V/VSTAR, but they would probably be a little slower, since you’d have to set up multiple evolution lines before things started to move quickly, instead of having an Active Meowscarada ex with two energy and a benched Sprigatito or Floragato with one Energy already attached.

Yeah... I don't know, with stage 2 decks being already clunky, at that point I think we'd be reaching reeeeally far. Too much stuff going on for one deck. Gardevoir can be all tech-y because Kirlia allows it to dump stuff you don't need for value. I think if grass is a thing it'll probably be something like, Meowscarada, light 2-1 or 2-2 line of Lilligant, and maybe a single Leafeon V for the turn one energy? Sounds really tier-2-ish still at least in my head, would love to test it out though.

Last edited:
Yeah... I don't know, with stage 2 decks being already clunky, at that point I think we'd be reaching reeeeally far. Too much stuff going on for one deck. Gardevoir can be all tech-y because Kirlia allows it to dump stuff you don't need for value. I think if grass is a thing it'll probably be something like, Meowscarada, light 2-1 or 2-2 line of Lilligant, and maybe a single Leafeon V for the turn one energy? Sounds really tier-2-ish still at least in my head, would love to test it out though.
Tier 2 is still better than unplayable, but yeah, I suppose these decks will live or die by what future type-specific support is designed for them, if any. As it stands out, they’re all good, but none of them are up to scratch to warrant Pokébeach articles or tournament placements. That being said, they could have done worse. Pokémon seems to be making a conscience effort to make the average evolved Pokémon ex significantly better than the average basic ex, which will hopefully continue to pan out well.

Sprigatito Line- Could be good 2/3/5/9
Fire Tauros- Probably won’t be too good 4
Fuecoco Line- Not gonna be good 1/1/1/2
Water Tauros- Terrible 1
Quaxly Line- Wow 230 damage for just 2 energy 5/5/7/10
Fighting Tauros- Also terrible 1
Superior Energy Retrieval- I like this card as an alternative to Radiant Greninja 8
Dendra- Good draw support 6
Clavel- Will be in a lot of single prize decks 4
Artazon- Pretty much just a nerfed stadium version of Clavel 2
Luminous Energy- Not good 2

Back