Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I am not as much against the "bike" Pokémon as some people, but to me they are not "Legendary". Legendary means something that is from legends, which most people have never seen, which is near impossible to catch. Now everybody is riding around on an infinite number of "legendary" Pokémon which just live and quickly reproduce in the professor's garden?
It could be that you only can catch and use them in the late-game, but it did not look like it.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Geez... Look at that map. "Welcome to the Paldea Region! Don't mind the giant portal of doom in the center of our land!"

Just straight up making the Legendary your multi-mode of transportation seems... odd. But fine. Not an issue, but I just wasn't expecting that. lol

The Terastal Pokemon is a fine idea. And I get the design of it--it's for easy type identification, especially when it's something different from the Pokemon's regular types--but I wish stuff wasn't just growing out of their heads. I personally would think that a symbol of some sort above the Pokemon's head would have looked nicer. Like a fiery symbol or something with water splashing out of it. I know Pokemon is not serious business or anything, but... this does look a bit silly to me.

There was nothing really mind blowing, but also nothing actually negative shown in these games. While I might have nitpicks, I do see some good aspects too. I know that after SwSh, I've been very cynical with Pokemon games, but after thoroughly (and still currently) enjoying Legends Arceus, I'll keep an open mind with these. Though, I liked the line, "We've kept ALL the things you love about Pokemon." Oh, yeah? As one of the few people who actually likes completing the National Dex in each new game... BET.

Last edited:

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Expectations: "Wow, Scarlet and Violet will be coming out soon, I've heard rumors that some form of Mega Evolution will be coming back, I wonder what sick designs they grace us with this time around!"

Reality: *what if we just make them look like pendants? hahaha. also, put an oversized jewel on their heads idgaf lmao*

I'm absolutely baffled by this, truly. It's rare that a concept is so downright tacky and ridiculous that I don't even have words for it. It's like part of me is still like, maybe I'm dreaming? Maybe I'm stuck in a Twilight Zone episode? What in god's forsaken f*** is this?

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
As someone with a heavy bias and wanting Gorochu to finally be added to the Pokemon scene, I feel this is a good time for Pokemon to break another of it's established "rules".

Also, if this is gonna be as big as they claim it'll be, I'm curious what the excuse for Axing 60% of the pokedex will be this time.

Sorry, Not sorry for posting two opinions in two different posts

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
As someone with a heavy bias and wanting Gorochu to finally be added to the Pokemon scene, I feel this is a good time for Pokemon to break another of it's established "rules".

Also, if this is gonna be as big as they claim it'll be, I'm curious what the excuse for Axing 60% of the pokedex will be this time.

Sorry, Not sorry for posting two opinions in two different posts
Why would they need a new excuse? The fact that it's so much bigger is enough on its own.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Btw, not to throw cold water on your expectations, but if you guys are expecting anything nearly as cool as Delta Species was, I would hold that thought...

Expectations: 1659550060207.png 1659550096453.png 1659550134809.png

Reality: Crystal pendants with giant objects sticking out of the top of their heads, in glorious 5ban ps2 graphics and the most tacky border they can come up with

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Why would they need a new excuse? The fact that it's so much bigger is enough on its own.
For the cartridge maybe. It depends on how cheap they want to be with the cart sizes. But when additional content can be added digitally, what excuse is there for the size to not include all Pokemon? Is anyone going to tell me with a straight face that adding the Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra (with a bunch of additional Pokemon) was possible, but adding the rest of the Pokemon was somehow too much? Like, not even making them catchable, just flat out available to transfer from Pokemon Home into SwSh.

I know I'm in a niche group who actually likes completing the National Dex in each new game. But I will never understand the excuse that the games are too big to include all Pokemon or that there are too many to be included, as if we're still in the early 2000's where what's on the cart or disc is all there can be and DLC/updates don't exist.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
How do you guys and gals think the Terastral phenomenon will be represented in the TCG?
It would be very fun if we got a homage set where all the Terastal types corresponded to typings given to Pokémon in a Delta Species-era set, but I don't think it'll get handled the way DS was. Terastal-type Pokémon will probably be capped to GX/V-rare or better, and there be a TCG-only gimmick like "VStar" or "Tag Team GX" introduced sooner than usual, since the novelty of a Pokémon being the 'wrong' type isn't quite as meaningful in the TCG.

(Not even as meaningful as it used to be. In Gen 3, DS was perhaps partly motivated by the fact less Pokemon that could be Electric or Steel type/color in the TCG..nowadays there's more than enough Pokémon for each type/color category.)

(btw @Water Pokémon Master Terastal does appear to be spelled with only one r? You have an extra r in your title and your post here. Body of the article does seem correct, tho.)

lol

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
For the cartridge maybe. It depends on how cheap they want to be with the cart sizes. But when additional content can be added digitally, what excuse is there for the size to not include all Pokemon? Is anyone going to tell me with a straight face that adding the Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra (with a bunch of additional Pokemon) was possible, but adding the rest of the Pokemon was somehow too much? Like, not even making them catchable, just flat out available to transfer from Pokemon Home into SwSh.

I know I'm in a niche group who actually likes completing the National Dex in each new game. But I will never understand the excuse that the games are too big to include all Pokemon or that there are too many to be included, as if we're still in the early 2000's where what's on the cart or disc is all there can be and DLC/updates don't exist.
I'm not referring to cart size. Bigger game = more work = less time to add Pokemon. That's what they'll say. If they were willing to not release any more games this gen they could add the rest via DLC, but sadly that's not how it works, and they have to start working on Gen 10 as soon as possible since Nintendo's next console is probably going to be 4k-ready.

That said, given the size of the region I'd expect there to be more Pokemon this time at the start, so maybe they'll consider adding the rest down the line unless there's a feature that requires a bunch more animations.

Last edited:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Just another thing I noticed on the region map: in the top right corner, there’s definitely still land as it’s possible to see the cliffs under the clouds covering it. It wouldn’t surprise me if the clouds were strategically placed there to cover a third version/DLC area

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
They'll be rule box Pokemon for sure.

... I've got it! Pokemon D!

I hope they use this gimmick to do something cool for the tcg, it's the least we deserve for having to put up with looking at those visual blights for 3 years. I wish they would go back to making them evolve from regular cards, like Lvl.Xes and GXes did, but I don't know, my guess is that they just figure having double the amount of special rarities needed for any given evo line you play is better for their bottom line, so...Don't have my hopes up.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Btw, not to throw cold water on your expectations, but if you guys are expecting anything nearly as cool as Delta Species was, I would hold that thought...

Expectations:

Reality: Crystal pendants with giant objects sticking out of the top of their heads, in glorious 5ban ps2 graphics and the most tacky border they can come up with
No one is saying that the cards look exactly like Delta species cards. What people are saying is about the concept of pokémon with different types that their usual ones.