Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Pokemon Direct presentation just took place, revealing Scarlet & Violet‘s new battle mechanic, three new Pokemon, and the region itself!
Latest Trailer

Terastal Phenomenon
This generation’s battle mechanic will be called the Terastal phenomenon. It’s found only in the Paldea region and makes Pokemon shine and glimmer like gems. When a Pokemon Terastallizes, a Tera Jewel appears above the Pokemon’s head like a crown, and the Pokemon’s body glistens like a cut gemstone.

Scarlet_Violet_Artwork_Terastal_Pikachu-141x200.png

Scarlet_Violet_Artwork_Terastal_Art-200x141.jpg

Scarlet_Violet_Screenshot_25-200x113.jpg

Scarlet_Violet_Screenshot_26-200x113.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Yugiog 5D vibes, everything is "cooler" with motorcycles... next direct they will show battles while you ride your legendary

The regional form reveal was very lame, just a color change Wooper, the reveal of Alolan Exeguttor was amazing was complety diferent from regular form, Galarian Obstagoon was a crazy reveal and Hisuain have 4 reveals the same day, they were very lazy this time

The new form change might be good competitevely speaking I suppose, a way to change type in a battle might be good but visually looks awful, I dont hate they become of crystal, that looks good but the crown it grown on them with Flowers and Ballons looks stupid...

My favourite thing was the earth Narwhal looking Pokemon, I was hoping for a Narwhal this gen and it looks like there it is, hope it evolve and become even bigger

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
I wonder if the Terastal phenomenom is the reason why they removed Hidden Power from the games, because this is basically it.

Also, I think that for the TCG we can expect something along the lines of Delta Species, with pokémon being of types they normaly wouldn't, to reflect this gimmick.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Yugiog 5D vibes, everything is "cooler" with motorcycles... next direct they will show battles while you ride your legendary

The regional form reveal was very lame, just a color change Wooper, the reveal of Alolan Exeguttor was amazing was complety diferent from regular form, Galarian Obstagoon was a crazy reveal and Hisuain have 4 reveals the same day, they were very lazy this time

The new form change might be good competitevely speaking I suppose, a way to change type in a battle might be good but visually looks awful, I dont hate they become of crystal, that looks good but the crown it grown on them with Flowers and Ballons looks stupid...

My favourite thing was the earth Narwhal looking Pokemon, I was hoping for a Narwhal this gen and it looks like there it is, hope it evolve and become even bigger
Acordding to rumours there are only 2 regional variants in this game, Wooper and Tauros, so maybe this is why they didn't reveal much.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the Terastal phenomenom is the reason why they removed Hidden Power from the games, because this is basically it.

Also, I think that for the TCG we can expect something along the lines of Delta Species, with pokémon being of types they normaly wouldn't, to reflect this gimmick.
I really hope something more interesting than just Pokemon with diferent types than usual, some kind of Vstar/Gx power that allow Pokemons to change type once in field or something like that

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
How do you guys and gals think the Terastral phenomenon will be represented in the TCG?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
A few thoughts:
-really liking Paldean Wooper
-I love Fidough
-not sold on Cetitan yet, but it looks cool enough
-the gimmick seems interesting to me, a lot more than dmax/z moves at least
-the raid battles look a lot better than they did in SwSh
-surely there’s more to the story concerning the legends more than the player traversing the region with them? my guess is that the player is going to be the chosen one that the legendary notices at the beginning of the game and probably some sort of villain character will want the legendary for nefarious purposes
-the region itself looks so big, substantially bigger than the other regions
-gyms being battleable in any order is pretty cool, I really hope that the leaders teams will be different depending on which order you’re facing them
-another quick reminder that Fidough

Last edited:

Polaris

The gym leader is a guy? Lol, didn't expect that! Honestly I really love all the characters designs so far, if anything they're nailing those.

Flash~ZT

Aspiring Trainer
How do you guys and gals think the Terastral phenomenon will be represented in the TCG?
Maybe Delta species returns? They both feature crystals and type changes. Also because raids are still a thing I think that maybe Vmax might stay but not Vstar. It would be funny to see crystal pokemon return as secret rares tho.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Grusha gonna my waifu of choice this gen

I'm rather unimpressed with the Legendary Pokemon being available right away and being a required mode of transportation. But thats just me.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Paldea eh? The first region since Sinnoh to have six letters in its name, and the second Region that does not have the "o" pronunciation in its name. Paldea sounds interesting. Now After reading all of this, Scarlet and Violet should be interesting to say the least.

Prof. Lev

Gotta pull 'em all!
While pokémon ideas keep getting dafter and dafter, this one takes the biscuit. That legendary bike plane is ridiculous

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
"buy now and you get a free chicken nugget when it comes out"

I love this marketing scheme