Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Starting today, a Pikachu “promo” will be given out at select stores to celebrate the release of Pokemon GO!
The card will be available at GameStop, Best Buy, and Barnes & Noble. In Canada it’ll be available at GameStop, Toys R Us, London Drugs, Mastermind Toys, and Indigo Books.
The card is no different than the one from the Pokemon GO set, in which it’s also a holo. So you can skip this promotion if you’re planning to pull it from the set. This “promo” only seems to exist to promote the Pokemon TCG among casual fans. Thanks goes to Jeff S. for sending us the photo!

pgo-pikachu-169-en-300x170.jpg

Pikachu-Promo-Gamestop-225x300.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
there's like, four different types of holofoil that they've used recently for these promos, so of course they choose the one that's identical to the one from the set

Quuador

Aspiring Trainer
Idc if he's the mascot, no pokemon needs 500 cards. Unless you're Haxorus.
Pikachu has over 1600 unique TCG cards at this point, with 275 unique artworks.. (Source: I've been collecting Pikachu for ~8 years now and own almost all of them at this point..)

I do agree he has way too many cards.. Especially 2019 was a disaster with Pikachu releases, with a total of 233 cards. That's roughly a Pikachu card every 1.5 day on average. I'm still recovering lol.. And it also made me decide to stop collecting all languages from February 27th, 2021 (25th Pokémon Day) onward.

Most frustrating part is that a lot of other Pokémon are shafted in comparison.. Pichu for example didn't had a single TCG release in over 12 years, until the recent Japanese 214/S-P promo. And some other baby Pokémon like Mantyke, Bonsly, etc. have less than 3 unique artworks.

PS: Haxorus is an amazing Pokémon! Do you collect Haxorus cards? :)

Greetz,
Quuador

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu has over 1600 unique TCG cards at this point, with 275 unique artworks.. (Source: I've been collecting Pikachu for ~8 years now and own almost all of them at this point..)

I do agree he has way too many cards.. Especially 2019 was a disaster with Pikachu releases, with a total of 233 cards. That's roughly a Pikachu card every 1.5 day on average. I'm still recovering lol.. And it also made me decide to stop collecting all languages from February 27th, 2021 (25th Pokémon Day) onward.

Most frustrating part is that a lot of other Pokémon are shafted in comparison.. Pichu for example didn't had a single TCG release in over 12 years, until the recent Japanese 214/S-P promo. And some other baby Pokémon like Mantyke, Bonsly, etc. have less than 3 unique artworks.

Greetz,
Quuador
I like Haxrous, but i also like Serperior and they haven't made it since BW.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer

Greetz,
Quuador
I don't own a single Haxorus card IRL but it's one on my favorite Pokémon ever and I'm legitimately sad at his cards in the TCG. What's worse is his shiny shares two of the exact same colors as Charizard, and somehow charizard has gotten FIVE shiny cards since Black and White. His shiny was so good they gave it to you as a gift for completing the Pokedex in B2/W2, and yet there's not even a single shiny Haxorus card...
Also, PartTime is right, they've completely neglected not only Serperior, but also Chesnaught. Why? Who knows. But they're wrong for it.