Cradilyfan1512

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, it's not looking good. We are already at 145 cards before Lost Abyss. It should go up to at least 255 with Lost Abyss. Over 190 cards means we could get a minimum of 56 cut cards.
SWSH12 should get at least 80/81 from Incandescent Arcana + 116 from Paradigm Trigger + the Zeraora/Deoxys decks + MAYBE whatever few new cards will be in VSTAR Universe + if there are any new cards in the Rayquaza/Charizard decks + the remaining cut cards.
That is what close to 300 cards
The rayquaza and charizard will probably be in a holiday set along with Zeraora and deoxys
We have to have a holiday set made based on the sheer amount of cards

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, it's not looking good. We are already at 145 cards before Lost Abyss. It should go up to at least 255 with Lost Abyss. Over 190 cards means we could get a minimum of 56 cut cards.
SWSH12 should get at least 80/81 from Incandescent Arcana + 116 from Paradigm Trigger + the Zeraora/Deoxys decks + MAYBE whatever few new cards will be in VSTAR Universe + if there are any new cards in the Rayquaza/Charizard decks + the remaining cut cards.
Expect all cards cut from the previous set to be in this set like Greedent, Politoed, and Komala. Meaning the cards from Dark Phantasma and Lost Abyss might get cut and moved to the next set.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
You know not every TCG uses the same terms, right?

What is it with MTG players and acting like every term they use is a universal standard?
Right. I never heard a single Yugioh player use the term Exile over Banish/Removed From Play (Yugioh's counterpart to Lost Zone) when playing Yugioh, and I actually went to tournaments and events regularly.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Couple things.
We do know
1. We getting set first week of September.
2. Normally by now they would of hinted at a holiday set. If the set would start releasing like most recent years did.
3. Normally we get last set of year start of November.
4. New block set, aka Japan's double set , we get at start of feb.
5. Japan double set is Normally released in Dec. But this year it is not. Instead it's towards end of January.
6. Rotation is Normally August for us, and Jan for Japan . Which we know now ours has changed to sometime in q1 of 2023.

With that this is what I think is going on.
And have been discussing it woth group of players. Pokemon is doing a global sync In 2023. Not only with sets but also with Rotation.
Looking at the evidence over last year. Its been more n more easy to see. I even called Rotation being changed to Feb a month ago. I could still be wrong but def knew not happen this year but first couple months of 2023.
With that all being said indo think we getting a holiday set but I don't think it start til late Nov n last throu holidays n most of Jan.
What I'm still debating is of my sync ideal is right. That means our prerelease will start the day Japan set drops. Putting bus 2 weeks def in legal status. So could it mean our base set be released end of Jan instead. N if do then we won't get a holiday set. Making Nov set huge.
I don't think so. I think holiday set will ve end Nov throu Jan. N our base set be Feb. So not a full sync yet. But pretty damn close

Last thing we do know we are getting pop packs back for leagues . We could get cards we missing in those packs

Last edited:

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Funnily enough, Lost Zone was introduced on February 11, 2009 and Magic has renamed the term "Removed from the game" into "Exile" on July 17, 2009.

So, Magic players, just say "Lost Zone".
Yugioh also changed Removed From Play to Banished at some point, I think in 2011. Besides saving space on card text to not have to repeat that phrase multiple times on some cards, they probably figured the new names were more accurate as those zones effectively just became a second discard pile with fewer cards that can interact with it, as opposed to being removed from game/play.

smich_01

Casual PTCGO Player
This probably means that the final set will break the record for biggest set again, unfortunately.
I heard somewhere that something similar to POP sets could be coming back. It's possible some exclusive cards will be in those sets, but that all depends on how big this set is going to be and the kinds of packs we will be getting.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Why say Exile if Lost Zone has been around since 2009? Anyone familiar with the game knows what Lost Zone is.
then why does he need to explain what it is?
You know not every TCG uses the same terms, right?

What is it with MTG players and acting like every term they use is a universal standard?
yes but everyone plays MTG to some degree because there are only two good card games, and it's one of them. Not sorry Yu-Gi-Oh! players, get dunked on.