JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new Sylveon was revealed from the upcoming set Pokemon GO, which releases in Japan on June 17th and internationally on July 1st.
Sylveon – Psychic – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee
[P] Souvenir: Search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C][C] Miracle Flash: 90+ damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is a [N] Pokemon, this attack does 90 more damage.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Continue reading...

Last edited:

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
them putting an inbuilt dragon supereffectiveness on this card is just making them dumping the fairy type sting even more
Honestly glad I ditched this card game when I did. They just keep making bad decisions and I cannot stand it. This felt like the nail in the coffin for me because it showed how out of touch they are.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly glad I ditched this card game when I did. They just keep making bad decisions and I cannot stand it. This felt like the nail in the coffin for me because it showed how out of touch they are.
Do you still collect cards? If not, kudos to you I am planning on terminating pokemon from my life for good. This will be after this set and the August set.

TokenDuelist

To be honest, I am quite curious what someone who claims to have ditched the Pokémon TCG is doing on a site dedicated to it
Because I still collect and would enjoy casual play?

Bruh people can still collect the cards. I'd like to enjoy the game again but I simply cannot. I've also been on this site for a long time lol.

Do you still collect cards? If not, kudos to you I am planning on terminating pokemon from my life for good. This will be after this set and the August set.

Not sure if trolling or not, but no lol. I love Pokemon, I just wish the card game was enjoyable again, but I've played far better card games at this point in my life and know TPCi handles the Pokemon TCG poorly by comparison.

Last edited:

Gethbert

I Miss Fairy Type

Bruh people can still collect the cards. I'd like to enjoy the game again but I simply cannot. I've also been on this site for a long time lol.

Not sure if trolling or not, but no lol. I love Pokemon, I just wish the card game was enjoyable again, but I've played far better card games at this point in my life and know TPCi handles the Pokemon TCG poorly by comparison.
Personally don’t agree, while yes they should of removed fairies & a bit of a tone down of power I, ( unpopularity. ) think they know what their doing, ( mostly.) we have over 160 decks in standard while older formats have 10 ish good decks that all look similar while are format has over 39 diffrent tournament used supporters, while in base to They use the same trainers, & I can name very few decks that were used.

In SSH-RBC you can make more decks than all of Base to Gym Challenge.

But hay if you don’t like standard your choice even if I can’t agree. :)

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer

I wasn't trolling, it's not easy to resist from materials. I am doing my best to follow anti-materialism.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
This TCG would be so much better off if they just added a few more types. Only in the world of Pokemon media are the companies so hesitant to introducing real change and improvements. That's why it took until Sword and Shield to get volume changing. Because Pokemon is scared of change, regardless of how beneficial it is. I suggest they grow a pair and add Fairy types and maybe some other types, like Ice and Flying or Rock and Bug.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
This TCG would be so much better off if they just added a few more types. Only in the world of Pokemon media are the companies so hesitant to introducing real change and improvements. That's why it took until Sword and Shield to get volume changing. Because Pokemon is scared of change, regardless of how beneficial it is. I suggest they grow a pair and add Fairy types and maybe some other types, like Ice and Flying or Rock and Bug.
My guess is they don't want to complicate things for children. Complications leads to less money, you know how it is.

TokenDuelist

Personally don’t agree, while yes they should of removed fairies & a bit of a tone down of power I, ( unpopularity. ) think they know what their doing, ( mostly.) we have over 160 decks in standard while older formats have 10 ish good decks that all look similar while are format has over 39 diffrent tournament used supporters, while in base to They use the same trainers, & I can name very few decks that were used.

In SSH-RBC you can make more decks than all of Base to Gym Challenge.

But hay if you don’t like standard your choice even if I can’t agree. :)

I do understand why you disagree to an extent, but I do think they shouldn't have gone with this big of a power creep in SWSH lol.

While there does seem to be variety and I do like that, Pokemon definitely does not know what they're doing in terms of handling the card game and booster sets. Prize support has progressively gotten worse over the years for League, they are still rarity bumping cards, making massive sets out of product they could easily make more accessible, and not caring about whether or not the game's a broken mess. There are highs and lows with this TCG, and I understand that's what it's like with most TCGs, but Pokemon handles them too slowly or waits out rotation rather than fixing the problem.

Many different types of decks have always existed in the game, and there are plenty of sleeper decks or cards that either don't get enough light shined on them or they are too obscure. The number of decks in top tiers that are the same still exist in top tiers for a reason. The number of decks you can make is not an indicator on whether or not they're viable enough to compete.

I have no clue why you're talking about Base to Gym Challenge though, that's such a small pool of cards and is a terrible example.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
My guess is they don't want to complicate things for children. Complications leads to less money, you know how it is.
I understand and agree to some extent, but at the same time the last few years have proven that, if anything, the biggest customers are 20+ year old dudes and some women. If anything, it would be beneficial to expand the game to draw in more of that crowd.