JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The full arts for Arezu and Volo have been officially revealed!
We translated the cards from Dark Phantasma on Thursday and posted the official previews of the set’s character rares  on Sunday. Keep an eye on PokeBeach for the rest of the secret rares later this week!

EB4DBB18-6829-450C-A97E-7C085F60C43D-144x200.jpeg

904FB1BC-55A5-40CF-A2F6-2686C8FB2457-147x200.jpeg

Continue reading...

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
You know, just because she doesn't have the exact same haircut that doesn't mean they're not related. They're pretty similar otherwise. Not all of the ancestors need to be exact copies of their descendants.

FluffyFlareon

Aspiring Trainer
when did I say any of that? I said they're probably unrelated. you read a lot into a brief ironic comment about how they're lookalike. when did I mention their hair? all I said was that they look similar though are a disparate person. there's no incontrovertible evidence that they're related, so I assume they have zero connection until confirmation is provided by pokemon.

it's fine though, I'm disinterested in fighting over a trivial thing

Last edited:

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
ah yes the mars who is in fact different from mars and unrelated to her (probably)
The implication is clearly there? It's not just [1] looking similar, it's also [2] similar name ("Ares" is the Greek counterpart to the Roman god "Mars", there's something similar when it comes to the Japanese), [3] both using Purugly as an ace, and [4] being in a character in a game where several characters are either 'possibly' or 'there's basically no way they're not' related to characters from other Pokémon games.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
I didn't want to start any argument in any case. I've just always found curious how some of the ancestors are said to be "not so clearly related" to their descendants just because they are not "carbon copies" of them. And I guess people find strange that there is no ancestor for Jupiter. And no, I doubt the NPCs dressed in red count, ahaha.

Everfree

Aspiring Trainer
I like the Volo art. It makes him look so charismatic and charming, yet so menacing.

Last edited:

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
Christ almighty that Volo might be one of the best trainer cards ever made. Whoever drew that deserves a lot of credit for knocking it out of the park.