JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Gapejaw Bog and a Bisharp line have been revealed from the twin sets Time Gazer and Space Juggler, which will release in Japan on April 8th. We expect many of these cards to join those from Battle Region in our May set, Astral Radiance!
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Pawniard – Metal – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[M] Reckless Charge: 30 damage. This Pokemon also does 10 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Grass (-30)
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
The Bog is absolutely brutal if you go first and manage to play it as the last card of your turn.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
That Stadium is really strong. Not only can it allow you to hit certain breakpoints, but it'll be fantastic with Single Strike Morpeko in Standard! Expanded will also love it with gimmicky but deadly decks like Building Spite Spiritomb and Omega Barrage Torchic decks (the latter when paired with Hustle Belt).

autumn

wurmple enthusiast
That Stadium is really strong. Not only can it allow you to hit certain breakpoints, but it'll be fantastic with Single Strike Morpeko in Standard! Expanded will also love it with gimmicky but deadly decks like Building Spite Spiritomb and Omega Barrage Torchic decks (the latter when paired with Hustle Belt).
expanded does basically already have this with team magma base tbf

Attachments

• 1648033906608.png
    1648033906608.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 32

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
expanded does basically already have this with team magma base tbf
Ah right, I kinda forgot about it since it hasn't been very accessible in PTCGO (at least for a reasonable price), so I was using Odd Cemetery in its place (which has its own benefits, allowing you to hit your own mons that were already on board with manual attaches, but in return not hitting psychic opponents). Though I suppose with PTCGL you can just redeem Magma's Secret Base now, and in real life the card is just over a dollar for lightly played copies.

At least it still stands that Morpeko in Standard will really appreciate it, though I imagine you'll run a mix of Bog and Odd Cemetery.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
this is kinda cool. probably not meta but it should be a viable rouge/tier 3 deck.
You hit for only one basic energy which makes it more consistent than the old gyarados (but the power creep have almost doubled the amount of damage needed to deal ohko's, and despite that gyarados was somehow bulkier than this). One thing Bisharp has that gyarados is actually zoroark so u could hypotheticly have 4 pawniards on bench when atacking (30*2*4=240 240+30 (belt)=270) but you still wouldnt take a ko on arceus without something extra.
now how do we get the stadium out consistently? Last time around we had trainers' mail. and either you have to clog out your bench and deckspace with inteleons (I would rather prefer 2-2 Bibarel for the low deckspace investment). if not, you would have to go with cramomatic and/or peony. which makes the deck seem to be a bit weak to me.

if we could fix that issue then you would have a consistent deck 1 prize deck that at a genreal level hits for around 150-210 that can reach up to 270+

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Bisharp is a deck right up my alley. With some Zoroark action, this could hit some interesting numbers, even if not terribly consistently. Should be fun to muck about with.

LycanTheToucan

Forever trapped in the Lost Zone
Ah right, I kinda forgot about it since it hasn't been very accessible in PTCGO (at least for a reasonable price), so I was using Odd Cemetery in its place (which has its own benefits, allowing you to hit your own mons that were already on board with manual attaches, but in return not hitting psychic opponents). Though I suppose with PTCGL you can just redeem Magma's Secret Base now, and in real life the card is just over a dollar for lightly played copies.

At least it still stands that Morpeko in Standard will really appreciate it, though I imagine you'll run a mix of Bog and Odd Cemetery.
Funny thing is Old Cemetery is just Frozen City but no psychics

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
BTW, look at @ToineLay's tweet, and this Bisharp has some combos with Cherrim, Old Cemetery, and Zoroark.

But this combo is too iffy in the long run

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
does there exist any other cards that can put damage counters on the bench?
we have viv donphan but that will only be legal for 3 months with this. Alttough that could be a nice combo, you would hit for fighting weakness in the early game and late game ohko everything.

spikemouth is not viable as you need the bog stadium. but spikemouth could be a fifth or sixth stadium

and pawniard aint single strike to be compatable

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
If we have 4 benched Pawniards(let's say we've got a Bisharp with Zoroark)and all of them have 2 damage counters,we reach 8 damage counters and we're at a total of 270 with one Metal Energy.
Damn.