JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The prerelease promos for Astral Radiance have been revealed! They are Hisuian Basculegion (SWSH205), Wyrdeer (SWSH206), Hisuian Samurott (SWSH 207), and Magnezone (SWSH208).

PR-Promos-300x176.png

You’ll be able to get these in the Astral Radiance Build & Battle Boxes and in the Build & Battle Stadium, which were just revealed.

P8153_181-85040_01-1-200x151.jpg

Build & Battle Stadium

P8153_181-85040_02-1-200x157.jpg

Build & Battle Boxes

Each of these cards comes from Battle Region...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I prefer the regular arts for Magnezone and Wyrdeer. The other two are nicer in their promo versions.

Mimikyu

Aspiring Trainer
I think someone swapped the Magnezone cards, the promo one looks like it needs to be the generic set card. XD

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Is there a reason why Wyrdeer doesn't get the Hisuian prefix?
Better question is why did Basculegion get it?

Typically they don't give the Forme prefix for Pokémon who only appear in that one location (Galarian Mewoth, but Perrserker). Wyrdeer is initially found in Hisui, so it is just Wyrdeer. But why is Basculegion Hisuian?

Fawnlily

Aspiring Trainer
Better question is why did Basculegion get it?

Typically they don't give the Forme prefix for Pokémon who only appear in that one location (Galarian Mewoth, but Perrserker). Wyrdeer is initially found in Hisui, so it is just Wyrdeer. But why is Basculegion Hisuian?
Perrserker's cards do have the Galarian prefix, as does Obstagoon. It doesn't really make sense lore wise, but they seem to do it so if a card searches for Galarian (ect) pokemon they aren't excluded.

Edsylan

Aspiring Trainer
Is there a reason why Wyrdeer doesn't get the Hisuian prefix?
pokemon get the prefix if
1) they are a different form of an already established pokemon (example, galarian zigzagoon)
2) they are a new species, but they evolve from a pokemon with the prefix (example, galaran obstagoon)

basculegion gets the prefix because of reason #2, wyrdeer doesn't match any of the examples, so it doesn't get the prefix.

Last edited:

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
1) they are a different form of an already established pokemon (example, galarian zigzagoon)
2) they are a new species, but they evolve from a pokemon with the prefix (example, galaran obstagoon)

basculegion gets the prefix because of reason #2, wyrdeer doesn't match any of the examples, so it doesn't get the prefix.
Yes. People don't seem to realise that Wyrdeer (same as Ursaluna and Kleavor) are just new evolutions to old REGULAR pokémon like we've had many times since gen 2. No one here calls Sylveon "Kalosian Sylveon". They are not the same as Perrserker or Obstagoon.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

This doesn't always happen though - look at Galarian Meowth -> Perrserker. I agree that is probably a reasonable "rule", but it's one Pokémon breaks when it feels like it.

Perrserker

Actually, now that I see the cards, I see what you say - in TCG *only* it works this way (since it has to evolve from Galarian forme). Basculegion doesn't get the prefix either in the main game. So ignore me. :)

ELTRENDY BEAST

Aspiring Trainer
My ranking.
1. Hisuian sammurott. Has a really good ability and has a good atack.
2. Wyrdeer. Ok ability and a decent atack
3. Magnezone. Really good ability, only problem is that it's a stage 2
4. Basculegion. The atack is good, but doesn't really have anything else going for it

ZDude

Aspiring Trainer
My ranking.
1. Hisuian sammurott. Has a really good ability and has a good atack.
2. Wyrdeer. Ok ability and a decent atack
3. Magnezone. Really good ability, only problem is that it's a stage 2
4. Basculegion. The atack is good, but doesn't really have anything else going for it
I think for pre-release parties and stuff the magnezone is going to be second best because in pre-release tournaments all energy acceleration smacks. Hard

cinderace123

Aspiring Trainer
This doesn't always happen though - look at Galarian Meowth -> Perrserker. I agree that is probably a reasonable "rule", but it's one Pokémon breaks when it feels like it.

Perrserker

Actually, now that I see the cards, I see what you say - in TCG *only* it works this way (since it has to evolve from Galarian forme). Basculegion doesn't get the prefix either in the main game. So ignore me. :)
the reason it gets the prefix is because there is a hisuian basculin

ThatUnlimitedProf

I'm Shayne, also known as ThatUnlimitedProfessor!
The only one I want is the Magnezone (since it can pair with the energy-dropping one in Expanded).

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Maybe this is reading way too much into things, but did they ever say that Wyrdeer was an exclusively Hisuian evolution? What if it's a new permanent, all-region evo, like Magmortar or Sylveon?

GrayAnt213

Aspiring Trainer
From the little bit I see of these promos, I already know I need the basculegion. It looks like it's jumping through the sunset and the fish itself looks nice