Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon has announced a Pokemon Presents presentation for Sunday, February 27th. The presentation will last 14 minutes.
No information has been released about what it will entail. But we should see some Pokemon video game announcements.
February 27th is Pokemon Day.

Continue reading...

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
We’ll either see:
- Gen IX announcement.
- Let’s Go! Ho-Oh and Let’s Go! Lugia (with the option to battle Pokémon possibly?).
- Legends: Arceus DLC featuring new areas, a new story, or maybe even focusing on Gen II.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
Lets Go is freaking dead... get over it.
-Detective Pika2 (the game) also mention of a second movie
-Pokemon Sleep
-Legends: Ho-Oh or Celebi
-Home connectivity to BDSP and PLA
-the DLC, i mentioned before Arceus was released. the BDSP and PLA data merges, and we get an alternate present day Sinnoh.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
IMO this is either gonna have:
-gen 9 announcement (and since it’s been 3 years since gen.8, this seems like the right time they’d announce it)
-BDSP/Arceus DLC
-Home connectivity to BDSP/Arceus
-side game announcement

off my head, those are the most obvious options… but it’s possible something else could happen

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
We’ll either see:
- Gen IX announcement.
- Let’s Go! Ho-Oh and Let’s Go! Lugia (with the option to battle Pokémon possibly?).
- Legends: Arceus DLC featuring new areas, a new story, or maybe even focusing on Gen II.
Official announcement regarding a patch to pokemon home and pla/bdsp inter-compatability in correlation is a given...

But in case you noticed the tcg trends in parallel to the vg trends, esp. one that involves the lack of abilities and the introduction of new species that were introduced after the start of gen VIII(the last time a species was introduced mid-gen was all those years ago: in pokemon xd, we got munchlax, a pokemon you can't send to the gen III games that pokemon xd was compatable with) we could be due for announcement of a new gen. Unless they find a way to patch bdsp to add the new species to it, which is unprecedented and impossible unless the coding's already in the game, then the only way pokemon like Kleavor can be migrated across regions is that of a new gen. I wish we don't have to deal with a similar scenario to gen II's time machine in the sense that no pokemon with a dex number above 493 can be traded(back in gen II, it was 151 instead of 493)...

But in the event they find a way to implement changes on those pokemon to blend in with the other titles' pokemon, it still might require a process that was used once before(to address mechanic issues that blocked Gens I & II: Original GB edition from Gens III-VI), as the differences from the effort level system that pla uses, in contrast to the one used in previous main titles, could mean we have a similar scenario to that of the transfer process of gen I-II 3DS VC titles to gen VII titles(via Pokemon Bank), in the sense that effort values in the games mentioned in the former were eliminated upon transfer to those mentioned in the latter, and natures were determined by remainder of exp. divided by 25. But as natures are stated this time(though I was deceived on that part at first), you can't manipulate nature this time, but still...

...with the observations stated, I believe this direct should answer these questions: How will the differences between PLA and prior pokemon titles impact Pokemon introduced in PLA? Can you transfer new species to bdsp, or do we have to wait for gen IX to see what abilities they have without hacking into their coding in order to find out? And will Pokemon replace the current effort value system in place from gen III-VIII in favor of the newly introduced pla system for gen IX?

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
With the COVID Pandemic literally putting everything on hold, I can't see Generation IX being introduced until late 2023, as they will need extra time to get Generation IX ready for worldwide release. They will want to get it right first time round as well so as not to make the same mistakes as they did the past three generations.

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
I feel confident in guessing that we'll have an announcement about:
-A Legends Arceus DLC
-Home connectivity for BDSP and Legends Arceus
-A mobile game that doesn't matter
-And an announcement that Gen IX is coming, but not for a while

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
IMO this is either gonna have:
-gen 9 announcement (and since it’s been 3 years since gen.8, this seems like the right time they’d announce it)
I don't think it's time for gen 9 yet,they only released Legends a month ago.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
With the COVID Pandemic literally putting everything on hold, I can't see Generation IX being introduced until late 2023, as they will need extra time to get Generation IX ready for worldwide release. They will want to get it right first time round as well so as not to make the same mistakes as they did the past three generations.
> get it right the first time round
> Game Freak

Pick one 🤣

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Official announcement regarding a patch to pokemon home and pla/bdsp inter-compatability in correlation is a given...

But in case you noticed the tcg trends in parallel to the vg trends, esp. one that involves the lack of abilities and the introduction of new species that were introduced after the start of gen VIII(the last time a species was introduced mid-gen was all those years ago: in pokemon xd, we got munchlax, a pokemon you can't send to the gen III games that pokemon xd was compatable with) we could be due for announcement of a new gen. Unless they find a way to patch bdsp to add the new species to it, which is unprecedented and impossible unless the coding's already in the game, then the only way pokemon like Kleavor can be migrated across regions is that of a new gen. I wish we don't have to deal with a similar scenario to gen II's time machine in the sense that no pokemon with a dex number above 493 can be traded(back in gen II, it was 151 instead of 493)...

But in the event they find a way to implement changes on those pokemon to blend in with the other titles' pokemon, it still might require a process that was used once before(to address mechanic issues that blocked Gens I & II: Original GB edition from Gens III-VI), as the differences from the effort level system that pla uses, in contrast to the one used in previous main titles, could mean we have a similar scenario to that of the transfer process of gen I-II 3DS VC titles to gen VII titles(via Pokemon Bank), in the sense that effort values in the games mentioned in the former were eliminated upon transfer to those mentioned in the latter, and natures were determined by remainder of exp. divided by 25. But as natures are stated this time(though I was deceived on that part at first), you can't manipulate nature this time, but still...

...with the observations stated, I believe this direct should answer these questions: How will the differences between PLA and prior pokemon titles impact Pokemon introduced in PLA? Can you transfer new species to bdsp, or do we have to wait for gen IX to see what abilities they have without hacking into their coding in order to find out? And will Pokemon replace the current effort value system in place from gen III-VIII in favor of the newly introduced pla system for gen IX?
No, the last time species were introduced mid-gen was in 2020 with SwSh DLC, and before that in USUM.

And you're saying that it's impossible to patch Pokemon in? You're really confused, my friend. Granted, they won't patch them in due to Arceus using higher fidelity models, but still. Game Freak isn't that incompetent, guys.

Also, Pokemon Go and Let's Go use different systems than SwSh, but Pokemon still transfer. The base code is still the same, to the point that abilities have been datamined for all of the Pokemon introduced in Legends. The effort levels will simply be erased when transferred.

Last edited:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I don't think it's time for gen 9 yet,they only released Legends a month ago.
Typically a new generation is released every three years. Even though the pandemic happened which may have delayed it, it is a real possibility that 9 is coming this year.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Typically a new generation is released every three years. Even though the pandemic happened which may have delayed it, it is a real possibility that 9 is coming this year.
Unfortunately. I'm hoping Legends is a sign that they realized they need to go back to 4 years, but VGC being GS Cup this season is a bad sign.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Let's Go is unironically the new peak of the series. I would love to see a new installment.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
It could be for live, I don’t think they will announce another game as legends just released
Pokemon Presents has never featured TCG stuff, and on top of that this presentation has been announced for Japan (and so far ONLY Japan), where Live won't even release.

Also it's not too soon to announce Legends DLC, or even a new spinoff game. Or it could be Sleep, or stuff for Go/Masters/Unite... There's plenty. And Home for BDSP and LA of course.

Last edited:

Champion_Sheep

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon Presents has never featured TCG stuff, and on top of that this presentation has been announced for Japan (and so far ONLY Japan), where Live won't even release.

Also it's not too soon to announce Legends DLC, or even a new spinoff game. Or it could be Sleep, or stuff for Go/Masters/Unite... There's plenty. And Home for BDSP and LA of course.
First time for everything