Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Japanese fans are beginning to post the secret rares from Battle Region to social media!
Be sure to keep checking this news story throughout the day for new cards and follow me on Twitter!
We translated all of Battle Region last week. It should become part of our Astral Radiance set in May.

68-Roserade-143x200.jpg

#68 Roserade (Gardenia) (CHR)

b10290e860024c991c028a16025075868d3b2e78-143x200.png

#69 Chandelure (Shauntal) (CHR)

1442_CHR070_899AYASHISHI-143x200.png

#70 Wyrdeer (Mai) (CHR)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
If Astral Radiance has a Trainer Gallery, like the previous one, meaning we got a less CHR added to the currently missing ones.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Is it just me, or is that Typhlosion VSTAR gold a little off? It doesn't have the gold outlines and minimised shading like Samurott VSTAR and Arceus VSTAR, nor does it look half as sparkly. Also, the box at the top with its name is solid gold instead of see-through and the Star Power box isn't gold and looks more like the original colour. Either the photo does it no justice or someone's just done their own photoshop. Not doubting that it's actually in the set cause we've seen Samurott anyway, but I think that might not be the real thing.

DragonRage

Rayquaza is pog
Tbh rainbow rares had their big shot around... well, the end of the Sun&Moon TCG era ? Rainbow Legendary Birds was memorable but frustratingly common. However the artworks from Fusion Strike and then on are really stepping up, and Rainbow rares are getting neglected over other chase cards like the Alt Art Mew Vmax (Fusion Strike). I'm an artwork aficionado, so the artworks, especially the Character Rares from Star Birth, are a very nice surprise. Can't wait for the English and French cards to launch

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Is it just me, or is that Typhlosion VSTAR gold a little off? It doesn't have the gold outlines and minimised shading like Samurott VSTAR and Arceus VSTAR, nor does it look half as sparkly. Also, the box at the top with its name is solid gold instead of see-through and the Star Power box isn't gold and looks more like the original colour. Either the photo does it no justice or someone's just done their own photoshop. Not doubting that it's actually in the set cause we've seen Samurott anyway, but I think that might not be the real thing.
Good observations. Once in a while there are fakes that float around from early sellers trying to rip off people. We'll find out tonight when we get clearer images. If it is fake, and only Samurott is getting a gold, then that would mean there are indeed six slots for rainbow rares. Which would mean they're still here. :x

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
PLS! stop with all these secret rares and golds, they are no longer special, remember full art reshiram and zekrom? remember gold lunala and solgaleo gx?

Heiji

Part time collector
Good observations. Once in a while there are fakes that float around from early sellers trying to rip off people. We'll find out tonight when we get clearer images. If it is fake, and only Samurott is getting a gold, then that would mean there are indeed six slots for rainbow rares. Which would mean they're still here. :x

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I mostly hope they stop doing RRs so we can stop getting charizard rrs, meaning there'll be approximately 45% less soyfacing over le epic fire lizard when it comes to the TCG.

beardedbearr54

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like the overall effort put into the TCG has been steadily declining since X/Y.
The gold cards being shiny variants are one of my favorite things about them, so it upsets me. But the character rares are an incredible subset, so I don’t fully agree with you. I wish the consistency was there!

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I would find it extremely weird if Samurott is the only one to get a Gold VSTAR and not all 3 of the starters, Typhlosion is really the only one I want ;_;