PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
SWSH8_EN_114.png

Hello PokeBeach readers! Isaiah here, happily bringing you another article! By now, Fusion Strike has been out for nearly a month, and it’s beginning to settle into the metagame more than ever: the gap between Mew VMAX / Genesect V and the rest of the format is pretty significant, and growing larger by the day. The most potent challenger to this powerhouse so far has been the format’s Single Strike decks, namely Single Strike Urshifu VMAX / Umbreon VMAX and Gengar...

[url="https://www.pokebeach.com/2021/12/draining-the-swamp"]Continue reading...

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I have a 95% win rate against MewGen as Single Strike Toolbox. I can see how Single strike loses if they don't set up houndours in time but isn't that just how the deck loses. Also going second do be terrible for that deck.

Zaya_Lee

Radiant Alakazam's Biggest Fan
Personally I have a 95% win rate against MewGen as Single Strike Toolbox. I can see how Single strike loses if they don't set up houndours in time but isn't that just how the deck loses. Also going second do be terrible for that deck.
Yeah, the matchup generally should be in Single Strike's favor based on just how the decks work, but Single Strike's inherent inconsistencies and the recent emergence of Meloetta as a tech really hurts the matchup for Single Strike, making a lot of your attack maps much harder to pull off. Obviously these don't always come up, but when they do, they can often result in a win for Mew.

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, the matchup generally should be in Single Strike's favor based on just how the decks work, but Single Strike's inherent inconsistencies and the recent emergence of Meloetta as a tech really hurts the matchup for Single Strike, making a lot of your attack maps much harder to pull off. Obviously these don't always come up, but when they do, they can often result in a win for Mew.
Honestly Single Strike just struggles with inconsistency like its all about getting the double houndours turn 1 and if you don't the games up.