Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Houndoom and Grimsley will get the Character Rare treatment in VMAX Climax!

Houndoom-CHR-143x200.png

#206 Houndoom

Houndoom-Battle-Styles-143x200.jpg

The set will release in Japan on December 3rd. We’ll see around 30 of the Character Rares in a “Trainer Gallery” subset within Brilliant Stars in February.
The following Character Rares and Character Super Rares have been revealed so far:

Flapple-142x200.png

#186 Flapple

csr-card-9-r-143x200.png

#191 Octillery

Flaaffy-143x200.png

#194 Flaffy...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Omi

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe they'll do an Umbreon for her?

Yes!- This could be very likely as they have only released one Vmax CR card. Also people would totally want the Umbreon Vmax from evolving skies. To be honest, they might also do the urshifu's with Mustard... IDK

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Why Grimsley when Karen uses Houndoom as her ace in most media and had a Single Strike supporter card to go with it?
Maybe it's hinting at another Grimsley card coming in the future. As someone already set, I'm all for having Umbreon Vmax with Karen in its Character Super Rare as it will be another chance to grab an Umbreon Vmax :)

Daniel B.

Aspiring Trainer
Are we certain that there's going to be 70 Character Cards? Won't there be regular Full-Art and Rainbow Rare cards mixed in? Or am I forgetting something that was announced already?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Are we certain that there's going to be 70 Character Cards? Won't there be regular Full-Art and Rainbow Rare cards mixed in? Or am I forgetting something that was announced already?
Based on Dream League, the original CHR set, all of the CHR cards came before the FA/RR/etc cards, so it might be the case here as well, but we simply don't know yet

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
I really dislike it when the artists get the proportions wrong.

One of the most common are body parts not seen in the picture so are conveniently not imagined. The whole positioning of Houndoom looks weird and contorted.

You can also see the Zamazenta CHR, is it realistic that only one leg can be seen?

GMAX_Snom

Aspiring Trainer
I really dislike it when the artists get the proportions wrong.

One of the most common are body parts not seen in the picture so are conveniently not imagined. The whole positioning of Houndoom looks weird and contorted.

You can also see the Zamazenta CHR, is it realistic that only one leg can be seen?
I don’t know, I see three legs

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
I don’t know, I see three legs
Should rephrase that, it looks like only 1 leg is on the ground. I get that it's in motion, but still it looks off-model. The shield is too big and not sure where the other front leg is, the whole thing looks like it will topple onto its face without any balance whatsoever.

Don't know if it's just me, but cards like these which seem cool on the surface, but when you look into the detail, something seems off.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
More examples, surely from that angle you should be able to see some part of Scyther's other eye. The Lapras just looks bad.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
More examples, surely from that angle you should be able to see some part of Scyther's other eye. The Lapras just looks bad.

I feel like you're just being nitpicky and want all art to look exactly like the reference...

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
why do these have to be UR? they should have kept Trainers pokemon sets going. Gym Heroes/Challenge, VS (my favorite set period)