Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The deck lists for the Urshifu VMAX League Battle Decks have now been revealed! Thanks goes to @bobmcdoogal for the photos:

Single-Strike-Urshifu_VMAX-League-Battle-Deck_EN-1059x1200-bd93c0f-176x200.jpg

Single-Strike-Urshifu-League-Battle-Deck-List-150x200.jpg

Rapid-Strike-Urshifu_VMAX-League-Battle-Deck-EN-1059x1200-bd93c0f-176x200.jpg

Rapid-Strike-Urshifu-League-Battle-Deck-List-150x200.jpg

As posted before, they will release on November 12th for $29.99. Each package includes:
• A full, playable 60-card deck
• 2 foil cards featuring either Single Strike Urshifu V or Rapid Strike Urshifu V
• 2 foil cards featuring either Single Strike Urshifu VMAX or Rapid...

Continue reading...

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Outright weird that they know that Inteleons have risen sky-high value-wise and yet they choose to include Cinccino instead. I remember when they tanked Jirachi, Dedenne and Crobat's value with the reprints in the League Battle decks, so what's stopping them from doing the same to Inteleon now?

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Outright weird that they know that Inteleons have risen sky-high value-wise and yet they choose to include Cinccino instead. I remember when they tanked Jirachi, Dedenne and Crobat's value with the reprints in the League Battle decks, so what's stopping them from doing the same to Inteleon now?
They learnt from their mistake.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
That lack of Inteleon shows a severe lack of cares given for the players with this lolol

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
The League Battle Decks are never 1-1 remakes of actual top-tier decks, they’re almost always a mishmash of different variants from at least 2-3 months before they’re announced along with some form of dead weight.

In the case of these decks, I can see the dead weight in the form of 2x Stonjourner in the Single Strike deck and 3x Falinks for Rapid Strike while the 2-3 month bit is in form of Inteleon CRE’s absence (Umbreon V/VMAX also counts but expecting two V/VMAX lines in a product like this is just wishful thinking).

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
The League Battle Decks are never 1-1 remakes of actual top-tier decks, they’re almost always a mishmash of different variants from at least 2-3 months before they’re announced along with some form of dead weight.

In the case of these decks, I can see the dead weight in the form of 2x Stonjourner in the Single Strike deck and 3x Falinks for Rapid Strike while the 2-3 month bit is in form of Inteleon CRE’s absence (Umbreon V/VMAX also counts but expecting two V/VMAX lines in a product like this is just wishful thinking).

I'm already familiar with the fact that they're not optimized decks and have never been - I mean, already bought the other League Battle decks. Also, Rapid Strike Inteleon was already the partner of choice for competitive Rapid Strike Urshifu VMax decks since the release of Chilling Reign for online tournaments, and the League Battle decks were announced at the tail-end of August, meaning they were always products that would take rotation into account.

For them to ignore the rotation-proof most popular variant of Urshifu strikes me as a calculated choice instead of something they had decided on before they announced the deck.

magikarp ex

wouldn't you like to know.....
Think it's clear they made these lists with Battle Styles as the newest sets, which was a terrible idea as Chilling Reign had very good additions to the Rapid/Single strike decks. They probably designed the decks just after or before Battle Styles released

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I think it depends on the route you go maybe not a 1 to 1 deck rebuild. But I have the majority of these decks already the only cards I don’t have are the star Pokémon and the special energies.

Singles will never be cheaper than League Battle decks. The point of these is reducing the price tag on competitive attackers and common consistency/support Pokémon so non-whale players can get their hands on them.

And if you want to build something different than what thet have on sale... Then your question pretty much doesn't make sense.

SurSunny

Aspiring Trainer
To everyone crying about the inteleon line. These decks were announced before the release of chilling reign and for that time this is a pretty good representation of the rapid strike deck. Inteleon became popular a few week after the release of chilling reign. The decks are still pretty sweet IMO.