• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Fusion Call (Latios / Latias / Galarian Zigzagoon / Eldegoss)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
FUSION CALL

latias-latios.png

Pokémon (13):
1 Galarian Zigzagoon (beatdown)
3 Gossifleur S1W (evolve)
2 Eldegoss S6a (search)
3 Latios S8 (beatdown)
4 Latias S8 (beatdown)

Trainer (34):
2 Boss’s Orders (control)
2 Korrina’s Focus (draw)
4 Prof. Research (draw)
3 Marnie (draw)
4 Power Tablet (beatdown)
3 Scoop Up Net (retrieval)
3 Ordinary Rod (retrieval)
4 Exp. Share (enable)
4 Quick Ball (search)
3 Level Ball (search)
3 Storm Mountain (search)

Energy (12):
8 Psychic Energy
4 Water Energy

STRATEGY:

The deck is intended to be 1-prize deck utilizing a flash war tactic. Go first and start with Latios. Use Storm Mountain and Quick Ball to search for two Latios and a second Latias. Also make sure to bench Gossifleur and evolve it into Eldegoss on the next turn. Use Red Assist to fuel the active Latios and attach Exp. Share to the benched one. Attack with Luster Purge to knock out Pokémon V in one hit. Retrieve discarded Basic Psychic Energy and defeated Latios with Ordinary Rod.

SPOILER:

Latias
Basic Dragon Pokémon (Fusion Art)
HP: 120
Ability: Red Assist
Once during your turn, you may use this ability. Attach a [P] energy card from your hand to 1 of your Latios in play.
[R][P][C] Dynabarrier: 70
During your opponent’s next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from Pokemon Vmax.
Retreat Cost: C

Latios
Basic Dragon Pokémon (Fusion Art)
HP: 130
Ability: Blue Assist
Once during your turn, you may use this ability. Attach a [P] energy card from your hand to 1 of your Latios in play.
[W][W][P][C] Luster Purge: 210
Discard two energy attached to this Pokémon.
Retreat Cost: C

Power Tablet
Trainer - Item
During this turn, your Fusion Pokémon’s attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent’s active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

CARD SHARK:

In this section I will outline the rationale behind the card choices in the current list.

4-3 Latios and Latias: Latios is the main attacker in this deck while Latias is used to fuel him with Blue Assist.

1 Galarian Zigzagoon: This card is used as a retrievable Vitality Band in this deck. Galarian Zigzagoon also combos well with Scoop Up Net which are already used to retrieve and reuse Latias.

3-2 Eldegoss and Gossifleur: In this deck we want to use the Call for Family Gossifleur which can search out three Basic Pokémon from the bench since this provides us with a decent attack on the first turn going second. The main reason to use Gossifleur is to evolve it into Eldgegoss to search out the needed Energy to fuel Red Assist.

4-3-2 Prof. Research, Marnie, and Korrina's Focus: Like all decks this Fusion deck needs a stable supporter count to draw cards. Prof. Research and Marnie are the two best supporters in the game and need no explanation. While most decks maximize the number of these two supporters three copies each seem sufficient in this deck. This draw supporter line is supplemented with three Korrina's Focus which allow us to draw until we have six cards in hand. Since most item cards and be used on the turn they have been drawn and Red Assist moves Basic Psychic Energy out of the hand onto the battlefield this card should provide stable draw power.

2 Boss's Orders: Instant unconditional Gust effects are great in any deck.

4-3-3 Quick Ball, Level Ball, and Storm Mountain: Four Quick ball and the three copies of Storm Mountain can be used to search out Latios and Latias. The three copies of Level Ball are intended to search out the entire Eldegoss line. Combined with the attack on Gloosifleur this should be sufficient Pokémon search to ensure a stable and fast offense with Latios.

4 Power Tablet: Power Tablet enables Latios to knock out Pokémon V in one hit. Note that multiple Power Tablets can be combined in one turn to enable Latios to knock out Pokémon Vmax.

4 Exp. Share: Since Latios needs two Water and teo Psychic energy to attack this card enables the deck to stream Latios more easily.

3 Scoop Up Net: Scoop Up Net serves as the only switch card in this deck. The main reason to use Scoop Up Net over actual Switch is that you can return Latias from the active slot to the hand and reuse Red Assist a second time.

3 Ordinary Rod : Since Latios is the only attacker in this deck and has to discard two energies with his attack multiple Ordinary Rod are needed to retrieve defeated Pokémon and discarded Basic Energy. Both can be searched out with ease using Storm Mountain and Eldegoss, respectively.

POSSIBLE MODIFICATION:

An argument could be made to include one Oricorio to protect Latios and Latias on the bench. The main reason for not including one Oricorio thus far is that the ideal bench includes two Latias, one Latios and one or two Eldegoss. Thus bench space is tight but it is at least an option that I would keep in mind.

VISUAL DECKLIST

The visual decklist below shows the actual list i use at the moment.

Fusion Call.jpg

Last edited:

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Yo, this idea sounds pretty cool! I like it! I'm a bit concerned with having to rely on manually attaching Water one turn and then a Water the next, have you thought of tilting the commitment to Water a little? Especially if you're using Gossifleur on the first turn and attaching there, that's one turn where you're not attaching to Latios. I can also imagine you get bodied by Jammer when Exp. Share gets shut off. What are your thoughts on a Tool Scrapper? You kinda need to get lucky with back-to-back Water attachments or you need to draw into the Exp. Share to get the most bang for your buck. I'd probably cut a Korrina's Focus for a fourth Research just so you can dig more. I also don't think you need three Eldegoss, maybe cut one for fourth Exp. Share because you need to be chaining Latios.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Yo, this idea sounds pretty cool! I like it! I'm a bit concerned with having to rely on manually attaching Water one turn and then a Water the next, have you thought of tilting the commitment to Water a little? Especially if you're using Gossifleur on the first turn and attaching there, that's one turn where you're not attaching to Latios. I can also imagine you get bodied by Jammer when Exp. Share gets shut off. What are your thoughts on a Tool Scrapper? You kinda need to get lucky with back-to-back Water attachments or you need to draw into the Exp. Share to get the most bang for your buck. I'd probably cut a Korrina's Focus for a fourth Research just so you can dig more. I also don't think you need three Eldegoss, maybe cut one for fourth Exp. Share because you need to be chaining Latios.

Hi Serperior,

Thanks for the review. The two manual [W] attachments are indeed and issue. I considered to increase the number of [W] in this deck but did not come up with a decent means to do so thus far. To stream Latios you are reliant on Exp. Share. Tool Scrapper is indeed and issue when it hits at an inconvenient time. Tool Jammer, which is far more commonly used than Tool Scrapper itself is not an issue since Tool Jammer only blocks the effect of tools on the active Pokémon. Exp. Share is commonly attached to benched Latios. I do like the idea to cut one Eldegoss for a fourth Exp. Share and will be sure to do so. I am also going to replace one Ordinary Rod with Energy Recycler to retrieve five Basic Energy at once. First test runs indicated that I need one. Will update the deck accordingly next week. Thanks for the assistance.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Ah, good point on the Jammer effect. I clearly don't know how to read. I think you're fine keeping the Ordinary Rod in as you'd, ideally, want to stream six Latios in a game. Whether or not that happens is kinda up for discussion, but I think you're fine with Rod being in.

I also thought of Galarian Zigzagoon. You mentioned Bench space is tight, and rightfully so. But if you're playing four Net already, doing 210 and pinging for 10 sets up KOs on things like the Urshifus and Galarian Moltres and eases back on digging for Power Tablets.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Ah, good point on the Jammer effect. I clearly don't know how to read. I think you're fine keeping the Ordinary Rod in as you'd, ideally, want to stream six Latios in a game. Whether or not that happens is kinda up for discussion, but I think you're fine with Rod being in.

I also thought of Galarian Zigzagoon. You mentioned Bench space is tight, and rightfully so. But if you're playing four Net already, doing 210 and pinging for 10 sets up KOs on things like the Urshifus and Galarian Moltres and eases back on digging for Power Tablets.
Hi Serperior,

Again, thanks for the review. The fourth Exp. Share worked well. I also had to make room for a third retrieval card since Latios tends to burn energies faster than it looks on paper. I also do like the idea to run a tech Galarian Zigzagoon but I do have difficulties on how to fit the card into the deck. I also had to cut one Scoop Up Net to make room for the third retrieval card. The third retrieval card may turn from the current Energy Recycler into a third Ordinary Rod. Not entire sure on this one either but a third one seemed to be needed based on my initial test runs with this deck. Any idea on how to fit a tech Galarian Zogzagoon into this deck?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Glad to hear it's working out. I wonder if cutting a Stormy Mountains wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I still advocate for cutting a Focus and going all in on Research, this way you can burn through more of your deck, find the Quick Balls and Lati Pokémon without needing to rely on a Stadium. Or, if Marnie feels underwhelming, you could always cut the third Marnie? I'm also curious if you need all four Latias...that might be kind of idiotic to say out loud, but I think you could get away with running just three. In the event one is Prized, you really only need two to pump out the Latios consistently.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Glad to hear it's working out. I wonder if cutting a Stormy Mountains wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I still advocate for cutting a Focus and going all in on Research, this way you can burn through more of your deck, find the Quick Balls and Lati Pokémon without needing to rely on a Stadium. Or, if Marnie feels underwhelming, you could always cut the third Marnie? I'm also curious if you need all four Latias...that might be kind of idiotic to say out loud, but I think you could get away with running just three. In the event one is Prized, you really only need two to pump out the Latios consistently.
Hi Serperior,

Thanks for the review. I like the idea to cut one Latias for the tech Galarian Zigzagoon. I also udated the supporter counts but retained three stadium cards as this the the number that i feel most comfortable with and it always is a nice means to counter other stadium cards and search out Latios and Latias at the same time. To me the stadium replaces the second Pokémon specific search item most decks tend to run now.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Good stuff. I'll definitely throw this deck together when the cards come out and give it a roll. If anything, the deck sounds like a lot of fun and being able to OHKO Pokémon V sounds pretty fun. I might express a degree of hesitation depending on how popular Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX is.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Good stuff. I'll definitely throw this deck together when the cards come out and give it a roll. If anything, the deck sounds like a lot of fun and being able to OHKO Pokémon V sounds pretty fun. I might express a degree of hesitation depending on how popular Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX is.
It is not as good as Ice Rider, modern Shadow Rider variants or other Tier 1 to Tier 1.5 decks such as Rapid Urshifu and Single Stike Vmax Box but it is better than it looks t first glance. Please let me know how this deck works out for you. Thanks for the assistance with my own list.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Well it looks like Rapid Strike isn't as popular because of Mew VMAX, but with Mew being able to whisk itself away into the deck after getting hit for 210, I'm not sure how I feel about the deck. If anything, it's still a very cool list. I wonder if you could cheese wins by taking a Power Tablet-fueled OHKO and then Bossing up some Genesect or something to seal the mu.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Seperior,

I still believe that Rapid Strike Urshifu has potential with some additional water assistance and a light Pokémon V line. Mew-Genesect is indeed and awesome deck. Have not considered Rotom Phone until recently. that card makes Mew Genesect even better. I guess the best means to combat Mew Genesect is to do the exact same thing Mew Genesect does: Hunt down their Pokémon V. The deck might need some mofications to do so such as incrasing the number of Boss's Orders but I believe Fusion Latios can still be a decent tier 2.5 deck as we expected. The main benefit of the deck is the absence of Pokémon V which gives the deck a little more time to achieve it's aim. How did the deck do for you? Have not invested much time into it thus far since I truely enjoy Rapid Strike and Mew Genesect at the moment. Tactically speaking the latter on is speed haymaker reborn.