Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has released a nostalgic new Pokemon TCG ad unlike any other! It features old Wizards of the Coast cards — which is rare for the company — then reveals some new cards from Celebrations. The ad appears randomly on YouTube, but I was able to capture it and host it here:

The ad reveals a classic reprint of Gardevoir ex δ from EX Dragon Frontiers and the full art version of Professor’s Research (Professor Oak). Both will appear in October’s Celebrations.

Gardevoir-ex-Delta-Species-Celebrations-147x200.jpg

Gardevoir ex δ (Celebrations, 2021)

Gardevoir-ex-Delta-Species-Dragon-Frontiers-145x200.jpg

Gardevoir ex δ (EX Dragon Frontiers, 2006)...

Continue reading...

Nos

Aspiring Trainer
So cool to see Gardevoir ex in this set. It's a card that has a special place in my heart since I got it from a pack my mom was holding on to for a few years after Dragon Frontiers went out of print. I have a few copies already, but more can never hurt, Imprison FTW

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Delta Species is one of my favorite, if not my favorite mechanic the TCG has ever made. Opening a pack and pulling a Fire/Metal Mewtwo and that kind of thing was so cool, the whole aesthetics and artwork during that era was so unbelieavably cool.

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
WHAT IS THIS?!?! Rhyperior, an unleaked Celebrations card has dropped!
I guess this answers our question of whether or not Pikachu & Zekrom is being included.
Also, this is the third fifth news story today. Absolutely insane.

Last edited:

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Whoa... So I had the thought a few months back that IF there was a Gardevoir card reprinted in this set, it would be the one from Secret Wonders. I figured that was influential enough in the DPPt era that it could be a possibility. Definitely wasn't expecting the Delta Species ex! I'm pleasantly surprised. Probably one of the most unique Gardevoir cards, so I'm thrilled by this choice.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
The Japanese reprints are numbered 1-25, while the English set isn't, but I think it's safe to assume there will be 25 in the English set too. With Gardevoir we now have 23 of them been revealed or leaked. Gonna assume the last two are a Tag-Team GX and either a Light Pokemon or Pokemon BREAK. Light Pokemon were a one and done mechanic, but the inclusion of "Light Toxtricity" in the promo set makes me think their will be one in the reprint set as well. I'd bet on Light Dragonite, but one of the eevolutions could be possible too.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
WHAT IS THIS?!?! Rhyperior, an unleaked Celebrations card has dropped!
I guess this answers our question of whether or not Pikachu & Zekrom is being included.
Also, this is the third news story today. Absolutely insane.
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one

O-tik-a-du

Aspiring Trainer
What is the timestamp where you can see the Gardevoir? Also the Gardevoir hasn't been leaked yet which is awesome!

Gwenom

Aspiring Trainer
Took me long enough to find Gardevoir ex δ in the ad. It is the 11 second mark. A little to the left of the top right corner with the stamp on the card. Easier to see when you full screen the video.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Yeah, but if they don't make those cards legal, what's the point? :(

I really want to be excited, but it's just lame the card are not legit.
I can understand being upset about the custom promos not being standard legal, but as for the legacy vault, these cards are all highly sought after by collectors and players alike. Vintage formats exist in the community, after all, and many of the staples and top-tier-contenders of these vintage formats can reach staggering prices despite not being usable in standard, expanded, or even unlimited, considering the small supply of the cards.
Also, my guess is that we will get a BREAK and a Prism Star, since Tag Teams are still fresh in our memories, not to mention many Tag Teams are still playable in expanded. Still a little sad that we won't be getting a Crystal Pokémon, but for the most part the current selection has been, if not the most diverse (given occasional overlap and repeats of gimmicks, plus multiple staples and hallmarks of non-gimmick nature), then at least one of the best tailored selections of competitive and collectible cards from throughout the history of the TCG.

Scoop

Literally a sheep

Collectors exist too you know...They've got a point to us. That, and nostalgia.

Omi

Aspiring Trainer
Are we going to have the delta Ralts and Kirlia as well? That would be sick!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Are we going to have the delta Ralts and Kirlia as well? That would be sick!
Severely doubt it, considering the retro card Subset should only have ~25 cards or so from what we can tell. So they're going to be more focused on only including fully evolved cards that were representative of their mechanics.

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
I can understand being upset about the custom promos not being standard legal, but as for the legacy vault, these cards are all highly sought after by collectors and players alike. Vintage formats exist in the community, after all, and many of the staples and top-tier-contenders of these vintage formats can reach staggering prices despite not being usable in standard, expanded, or even unlimited, considering the small supply of the cards.
Also, my guess is that we will get a BREAK and a Prism Star, since Tag Teams are still fresh in our memories, not to mention many Tag Teams are still playable in expanded. Still a little sad that we won't be getting a Crystal Pokémon, but for the most part the current selection has been, if not the most diverse (given occasional overlap and repeats of gimmicks, plus multiple staples and hallmarks of non-gimmick nature), then at least one of the best tailored selections of competitive and collectible cards from throughout the history of the TCG.

Collectors exist too you know...They've got a point to us. That, and nostalgia.

Yeah, I mean, you guys have fun with collecting them I guess... I don't envy you in that. I play the game haha

Also, if it's about nostalgia.... why not just buy the original?

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer

Same, they could update the cards to make sense in current format and this would be the most interesting thing they have done in all the time since I start playing the game but then they go for these, which feels terrible lazy

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
Same, they could update the cards to make sense in current format and this would be the most interesting thing they have done in all the time since I start playing the game but then they go for these, which feels terrible lazy

They could literally keep it as is. Teaching a kid one unique card isn't going to confuse them for the rest of their life.

Omi

Aspiring Trainer
Severely doubt it, considering the retro card Subset should only have ~25 cards or so from what we can tell. So they're going to be more focused on only including fully evolved cards that were representative of their mechanics.
So does that mean that the 4-card packs will just have 4 "ultra-rares/rares" I was really hoping for a reprint of some of the older commons/uncommons... Oh well

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Imagine being so self-centered that you have to bitch because you won't be able to play with a super small subset of 25, collectors and old timers-focused cards, out of the thousands that will be available in standard alone for actual play, by the time they release.