Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon Center has started shipping the promised compensation for the Chilling Reign Elite Trainer Box error! The items comes inside a special blister pack.

Pokemon-Center-Galarian-Birds-Blister-Pack-Compensation-1-300x266.jpg

Front

Pokemon-Center-Galarian-Birds-Blister-Pack-Compensation-Back-300x262.jpg

Back

The blister pack also comes with a Raikou coin, which wasn’t announced previously. A surprise bonus!
Last month, the Pokemon Center announced a manufacturing error with the exclusive Pokemon Center editions of the Chilling Reign Elite Trainer Boxes. They were...

Continue reading...

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I was just wondering about these. I should be getting two, so I guess I can keep one sealed as well. Nice.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Wow! Looks like TPCI went the extra mile with this one! Maybe they don’t do things exactly the way we would prefer, but you can’t say that they don’t care! They even threw in an unannounced coin! Those coins are always fun to collect; their only fault, from a collectors point of view, is how hard they are to display! (Plus, if you don’t need to coin yourself, you can always give it to a local small fry who shares your passion for Pokémon. Kids love these things.) Have we already gotten a Raikou coin like this? It’s hard to tell since older coins keep being reused in newer products (which makes collecting them far more manageable, it just makes keeping track of what coins are new coins harder).
I do, however, feel sorry for everyone who will be torn between the strong desire to open this product and the equally strong desire to hold onto it as a collectors item. There are times when making something even better than you thought it would be can be a nuisance and an inconvenience, and if you’re one of those people who likes collecting or investing in sealed products and was expecting these to arrive as individual items, this is probably going to be one of those times.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Wow! Looks like TPCI went the extra mile with this one! Maybe they don’t do things exactly the way we would prefer, but you can’t say that they don’t care! They even threw in an unannounced coin! Those coins are always fun to collect; their only fault, from a collectors point of view, is how hard they are to display! (Plus, if you don’t need to coin yourself, you can always give it to a local small fry who shares your passion for Pokémon. Kids love these things.) Have we already gotten a Raikou coin like this? It’s hard to tell since older coins keep being reused in newer products (which makes collecting them far more manageable, it just makes keeping track of what coins are new coins harder).
I do, however, feel sorry for everyone who will be torn between the strong desire to open this product and the equally strong desire to hold onto it as a collectors item. There are times when making something even better than you thought it would be can be a nuisance and an inconvenience, and if you’re one of those people who likes collecting or investing in sealed products and was expecting these to arrive as individual items, this is probably going to be one of those times.
I have a Raikou like that in my collection. Looks like a normal mirror gold finish, right?

Jeffelson

Aspiring Trainer
It is cool that they've made an effort here but, on the other hand, what an unnecessary waste of card and plastic.

Charmeleon Cards

Aspiring Trainer
Agreed. It's like a rip or keep sitch. So all of the 9 y/o’s that ripped it didn't know it was worth so much in the future cause it's a special blister.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Can’t wait for Logan Paul to box with one and claim it’s worth $3,000,000.

1 million a bird.

gengargibby

Aspiring Trainer
This is so much cooler than I expected. I fully expected 2 loose packs and 3 sleeved V cards. Now I have 2 and I almost have to keep one of them for the sealed collection. This kind of product probably won't ever be sold in stores.