• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Madness at the Darkmoon Faire (Mr. Rime/Zoroark-GX)

legolover322

Aspiring Trainer
Come one, come all, to a wonderous locale: the Darkmoon Faire!

"Bear witness to supernatural wonders, spectacular performances, and exotic beasts! Sample a dazzling array of sweet and savory treats from around the world, discover rare treasures at our enchanting night market, or perhaps have your fortune read under the watchful orange eye of Darkmoon’s iconic midway gate!"

"Ignore the ugly rumors you may hear about friendly and exuberant faire-folk! Many guests, overcome with excitement and joy, may report seeing strange or unusual things. Pay them no heed! Ignore the whispers! Come for the wholesome fun and stay... forever."

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 1 Zorua DEX 70
* 3 Zorua TEU 90
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Galarian Mr. Mime BST 34
* 4 Galarian Mr. Rime BST 35

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 1 Master Ball PLB 94
* 3 Ball Guy SHF 57
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Level Ball BST 129
* 2 Great Ball SSH 164
* 4 Dive Ball PRC 125

##Energy - 6

* 2 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

The aim of this deck is to utilize Mr. Rime's Ball Juggling attack in order to swing for massive numbers on the second and third turns of the game, oftentimes laying waste to even Tag Teams and VMAXes in a colossal Feat of Strength. Of course, to do so, the power of Zoroark-GX's Trade must be used to make an otherwise Faire Game, well, a little more Rigged. Use Exeggcute's Propagation to feed Zoroark's endless hunger for cards to acquire your combo pieces. Heed closely the Wicked Whispers of Ball Guy in order to set up, thin, or, most importantly, throw your opponent into the Dunk Tank! Finally, use Renowned Performer Guzma in order to go for the throat (that is, benched Dedennes, Crobats, Leles) and capitalize on your opponent's Cascading Disaster!

This deck is a far cry from many of the one-note archetypes in Expanded. Why deal a fixed quantity of damage when limitless power is at your disposal? Scream in delight as even the likes of ADP crumble under the staggering force of Mr. Rime! Embrace the frightening power of this Carnival Clown! For this is a Deck of Lunacy! Chaos! MADNESS! At the Darkmoon Faire!

legolover322

Aspiring Trainer
Aegislash EX

Yeah... that's the sort of thing that I do have in the back of my mind. Although Xurkitree-GX is probably the more prevalent threat, the idea of getting locked out of the game does warrant some consideration. Sure, maybe a copy or two of Silent Lab could help with this sort of thing (I guess Lab also beats people trying to shove Mew EVO lol), but I'm not quite sure where to put it.

Here's some other things that I might try to squeeze in. I probably won't be able to fit them all, but they're up for consideration:
  • Some way to recycle Pokemon
  • Special Charge
  • New "Hand Block" Milotic in Chilling Reign
  • "Heal Block" Mimikyu VVI (Is playing around Mallow/Lana even worth it?)
  • Some way to recycle Supporters (1-2 VS Seeker, but with such heavy Zoro draw, perhaps Pal Pad is worth consideration?)
I'm just not really sure what to cut. Maybe some of the "Balls" could be cut in favor of techs (for example, Nest Ball and Cherish Ball are not particularly useful outside of the setup phase). Thoughts?