'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
Woaw that's impressive. Was it a one time thing? Because I can't remember it having a lot of play in other tournaments, or maybe I missed some crucial ones.

(regarding the combo Zacian)

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Woaw that's impressive. Was it a one time thing? Because I can't remember it having a lot of play in other tournaments, or maybe I missed some crucial ones.

(regarding the combo Zacian)
I think Jirachi Prism Star rotated out exactly after the tournament win. It just stopped being legal.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I think Jirachi Prism Star rotated out exactly after the tournament win. It just stopped being legal.
I can't remember exactly what happened to it, I think it fell off after everyone figured out how to play against it. It didn't have a presence at the pog championships which was before rotation but after DAA released.

Turtlegator

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think they thought the mechanic through. You don't have to reveal prize cards to your opponent so there's too much room for cheating.

Say I drew a dream ball. I could take a prize card, shuffle my hand, and then play the dream ball. You have no proof that I just cheated.

Kami_Sama

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think they thought the mechanic through. You don't have to reveal prize cards to your opponent so there's too much room for cheating.

Say I drew a dream ball. I could take a prize card, shuffle my hand, and then play the dream ball. You have no proof that I just cheated.
It literally says "before you put it into your hand" so you can't do that

fleshrum

Cephalophore

Definitely room for cheating, but as was already said, as soon as the prize card hits the hand, its not allowed to be played. In this case, if you tried to play it, you'd absolutely be cheating. The proof is in the wording.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
The room for cheating comes into the fact that your hand is private knowledge, and there's nothing stopping you from drawing any number of Dream Ball/Dream Energy from your deck, using Peonia like you normally would, and then pretend that you took those Dream Ball/Dream Energy from your prize pile when they were actually never there.

This is obviously impossible to do in PTCGO, but I expect some ruling to be added to the interaction before it hits physical stores - something like "You need to reveal a Dream Ball/Dream Energy you grabbed from Peonia as soon as you grab them".

Nyora

A Cat
The room for cheating comes into the fact that your hand is private knowledge, and there's nothing stopping you from drawing any number of Dream Ball/Dream Energy from your deck, using Peonia like you normally would, and then pretend that you took those Dream Ball/Dream Energy from your prize pile when they were actually never there.

This is obviously impossible to do in PTCGO, but I expect some ruling to be added to the interaction before it hits physical stores - something like "You need to reveal a Dream Ball/Dream Energy you grabbed from Peonia as soon as you grab them".
You can only play it before it is added to your hand. If you play it from your hand, you cheated, regardless of if you just got that Dream Ball off the Prizes or not.

Hylaster

Aspiring Trainer

You can draw 3 Balls with Peonia and get 3 Stage 2s out in 1 Turn...

This doesn't work. You aren't "taking" prize cards with Peonia, the same way Greedy Dice doesn't trigger with Gladion. You're just putting them into your hand.

Stuff like this happens in Yu-Gi-Oh!, too, where "selecting" and "targeting" a monster are completely different things.

Hylaster

Aspiring Trainer
For additional reference, you can see this in the original text.

Dream Ball: とったとき、手札に加える前に
The action of とった (having taken a prize card) is distinct here and happens before the action of 加える (adding to your hand).

Peonia: 自分のサイドを3枚まで選び、手札に加える
You choose (選び) but do not take (とる) the 3 cards, and then your hand is immediately appended (加える)

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
This doesn't work. You aren't "taking" prize cards with Peonia, the same way Greedy Dice doesn't trigger with Gladion. You're just putting them into your hand.

Stuff like this happens in Yu-Gi-Oh!, too, where "selecting" and "targeting" a monster are completely different things.

Except that the only reason Greedy Dice and Jirachi Prism don't work with Gladion is because you don't take them as face-down prize cards, they are flipped face-up for you to choose. If the Jirachi Prism/Greedy Dice combo didn't work with Peonia, we would have gotten a ruling like we did with Single Strike Energy and Impact Energy. I guess this issue is gonna be clarified once the cards actually release and we get a ruling compendium alongside them.

Wolfgirl90

Professor Luna
Except that the only reason Greedy Dice and Jirachi Prism don't work with Gladion is because you don't take them as face-down prize cards, they are flipped face-up for you to choose.

The distinction made here is an awkward one. Gladion doesn't tell you to flip anything; it tells you to "look".

You are correct that Greedy Dice and Jirachi Prism Star do not activate with Gladion because you are not taking them as face-down Prize cards. In Pokemon, "taking Prizes" is a reference to a specific action, namely taking a prize after Knocking Out a Pokemon. Moving your prizes around doesn't count as "taking" a prize in this context.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely room for cheating, but as was already said, as soon as the prize card hits the hand, its not allowed to be played. In this case, if you tried to play it, you'd absolutely be cheating. The proof is in the wording.
Usually when a player takes a prize card, they put aside their current hand of cards down, take the card(s) from the prize pile, show it to the opponent and confirm the numbers of prize taken, then gather it together with the hand cards the player set aside. Definitely room for cheating, but you either need expert-level sleight of hand or the opponent must not be paying attention to your actions.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I've took it into account, but it feels too wishful for me. Like Rose, Peonia is hardly an engine. If your set-up requires that you knock out your opponent (preferably VMAX) while having time to play a Supporter with zero card advantage and having 2-3 specific, dead cards on your hand... I don't see it. Don't you need to shuffle your prizes as well, after using Peonia?
You are basically drawing 3 cards with Peonia.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Dream Ball - if you can T1 it, this will be a broken card, of course, if you turn 1 it. Peonia works, but it's a supporter. Turn 1 going second will be most likely a Draw Supporter. 4
  • Treasure Energy - I wish it was any energy than just flat colorless. 3

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So Greedy Dice shouldn't play in that way, huh?